Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Do they have a case or not...
jmb
post Fri, 18 Feb 2005 - 15:10
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,393

Hi,
I'm sitting here worried, as I haven't heard anything from when I was stopped about 5 weeks ago.
Short version:
I was stopped on the A1 (nice 4 lane stretch, fairly quiet, but hey-ho)...
There was one officer. I didn't see any video equipment in the car (although I could be wrong... I assume it would be obvious though) and I wasn't offered to view any. (Stupidly, I didn't ask to see it). He basically "did" me, based on the evidence of his calibrated speedometer. Also, the Producer I got for my insurance and MOT gave a speed range (104-110) rather than a single speed...
I see from the website they actually have up to 6 months to prosecute me, but I wondered what the normal timescale is, and from what I've said, how solid their case would be?
Ta!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Advertisement
post Fri, 18 Feb 2005 - 15:10
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
chadders
post Fri, 18 Feb 2005 - 16:09
Post #2

Member No.: 1,888

Hi jmb,

Can you post up a little more details about the event, so the 'learned ones' can give you a better reply.

e.g. your post implies a single officer - is this correct? describe the events as best as you can (so they can put themselves in your shoes), what you / he / they said, did you get a caution? did you get a NIP etc.

FYI: approx. 2 and half months for summons to get to me from when I was stopped.

+Quote Post
jmb
post Fri, 18 Feb 2005 - 16:23
Post #3

Member No.: 2,393

Sure, although my memory is embarassingly hopeless... but basically I was going north up the A1 and as the road was quiet and its nice and wide (we all know the excuses so I wont bother) I was travelling at a bit over 100mph.
I did notice a car following me a fair distance behind - it was far enough away that when I looked in my mirror it didn't look like a patrol car. A couple of miles later I looked again and he was still quite a way back, then the next time I looked, he was closer and I could see the lights atop it etc. (although not flashing). Of course, I immediately braked at which point he put on the flashy lights and we stopped on the hard shoulder.
There was one officer, as I got in the car (front) he asked if I knew why I had been stopped, to which I answered 'probably my speed'. He explained he had followed me and seen speeds on his calibrated speedometer of between 104 and 110mph. He asked why I was going so quick, but of course there was no real reason so I simply said I just wanted to get to work asap, and the road seemed clear enough, but thats not really much of an excuse.
He gave me a producer to take my insurance and MOT to my nominated station, and on this he wrote the same range of speeds.
I was never offered to view a video recording although having said that, I didn't ask either, so I am unsure if they have that as evidence!
I took my documents in about 4 days later, and since then I have heard nothing.
Unfortunately I cannot recall all the precise details of the conversation, but the above is the basics of what happened.
Thanks,
James.

Edit - as for whether I got a caution etc - I recall him giving me the "you do not have to say anything..." line, so I am guessing this counts as a verbal nip from the site?

+Quote Post
LancashireLad
post Sat, 19 Feb 2005 - 14:35
Post #4

Member No.: 2,011

verbal NIP yes - 6 months to lay papers I believe.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 10:42
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here