PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Just been nicked :(
Sparkp1ug
post Thu, 8 May 2008 - 01:20
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,360

I was do 40 in a 30, brake light was cracked shining white light on the reg plate and the coppers run my reg through the computer.

I only have a prov licence and was riding 2up on the bike.

They siezed my bike, i can collect it tomorrow,

They also gave me a 60 pound fine for riding other than within the accordance of the licence.

On the ticket he gave me he ticked the box saying that my bike was not a manual vehicle. Also on the ticket he put the wrong location of where he booked me.

How does this affect the ticket, and the points and the fine?

Cheers for any advice

Sparkp1ug

This post has been edited by Sparkp1ug: Thu, 8 May 2008 - 03:00
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Advertisement
post Thu, 8 May 2008 - 01:20
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
roythebus
post Thu, 8 May 2008 - 06:39
Post #2

Member No.: 9,683

Being on a provisional licence, please learn to check your bike (or car) before you drive it; it only tyakes a few moments to make sure your lights work and your tyres are street legal, it's safer for all concerned and may stop you getting killed or killing someone else. It also gives the BiB less reason to stop you.

You don't say whether they have nicked you for speeding, presumably only for the showing a white light to the rear which is not endorsable.

They often get details wrong on the FPN and seem to get away with it.

+Quote Post
7159keith
post Thu, 8 May 2008 - 08:03
Post #3

Member No.: 9,913

If you have been ticketed for speeding as well (you have not made this clear) a roadside pull is very difficult to defend.

This post has been edited by 7159keith: Thu, 8 May 2008 - 09:57

+Quote Post
Sparkp1ug
post Thu, 8 May 2008 - 08:35
Post #4

I have 2 slips.
1 for riding with a passenger on a provisional licence (this has the vehicle as an automatic)
1 for the seizure of the vehicle (this has the wrong location on it)

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Thu, 8 May 2008 - 09:50
Post #5

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (7159keith @ Thu, 8 May 2008 - 09:03) *
The errors on the FPN will be correctable under the slip rule. If you have been ticketed for speeding as well (you have not made this clear) a roadside pull is very difficult to defend.

No they won't, the slip rule relates to errors in the courts paperwork, however when it gets to court the FPN will just be a piece of paper, with no more evidential value than any other piece of paper, the error is unlikley to constitute reasonable doubt on its own, therefore the error is still p[robably of no assistance to the OP.

Simon

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
Sparkp1ug
post Thu, 8 May 2008 - 18:48
Post #6

Went to the station today, had to wait for 4hrs until there was somebody with access to the database aws on duty.
went to pick my bike up and have noticed damage on it. the right side indicators are broken, the tank is dented in 3 place and the exhaust is dented in 3 places. Who do i approach about the damage to my bike?

Cheers
Sparkplug

+Quote Post
Zed Victor One
post Thu, 8 May 2008 - 23:06
Post #7

Member No.: 18,552

Presumably the bike was seized for the offence of driving other than in accordance with your licence, but who removed it and how?
Most police forces use a contractor for their vehicle seizures, the police have a duty of care for your bike while it is in their custody. It may be that the contractors become similarly liable once they recover the vehicle although they are agents acting on behalf of the police so I would start with the police.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Saturday, 15th August 2020 - 08:39
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.