PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

whats this letter mean???, speeding in august 2007
tinowrx
post Sat, 2 Feb 2008 - 11:14
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,413

i was cuaght speeding in my works van in mid august, i was doing 99mph in a 60mph, i didnt really notice the speed i was doing. they recieived the NIP, saying it was me and sent it back to the police. then i recieved the NIP of the police, i replied saying it was me. i didnt want the hassle of futher letters to and froim the police querying the situation with whether the camera was calibrated or not etc. got to jaunary and thought hopefully nothing will come of this as i havent heard anything yet.

but alas ive received a letter from them which ill try and scan. but bare with me as im not use to scanning so might not show correctly!!

This post has been edited by tinowrx: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 - 12:38
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Advertisement
post Sat, 2 Feb 2008 - 11:14
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
tinowrx
post Sat, 2 Feb 2008 - 11:16
Post #2

what is the maxium time from the offence to when they can still proscicute???? i have a clean licence and have held it for over 11 years. does this mean that i will have to attend court, and am i likely to be banned????

+Quote Post
martinbiz
post Sat, 2 Feb 2008 - 11:22
Post #3

Member No.: 11,275

Unfortunately the bib and scammers enjoy lulling you into a false sense of security and often leave it until the very last minute before issuing a summons its their lttle sadistic game.

All you can do at the moment is wait, if the worst happens, then do the NIP wizard so people can see an accurate timeline and try to help.

+Quote Post
tinowrx
post Sat, 2 Feb 2008 - 11:41
Post #4

thanks. aint they kind by playing games!!! gits!! how long am i likely to wait after this letter???

+Quote Post
picko
post Sat, 2 Feb 2008 - 11:41
Post #5

Member No.: 4,800

you may want to remove that letter form here, take off anything personal. i.e name address, reference numbers etc and re-post.

--------------------
To bow down is a sign of dignity and, funnily enough in the eyes of the law a, quite legal request to have the CPS park one up ya back drive.

+Quote Post
martinbiz
post Sat, 2 Feb 2008 - 11:47
Post #6

QUOTE (tinowrx @ Sat, 2 Feb 2008 - 11:41) *
thanks. aint they kind by playing games!!! gits!! how long am i likely to wait after this letter???

6 months from the date of offence. May I suggest you remove the letter and wash it of your personal details and repost

+Quote Post
tinowrx
post Sat, 2 Feb 2008 - 12:16
Post #7

QUOTE (picko @ Sat, 2 Feb 2008 - 11:41) *
you may want to remove that letter form here, take off anything personal. i.e name address, reference numbers etc and re-post.

thanks. ive taken it off then ill rescan, with that info taken off

+Quote Post
nemo
post Sat, 2 Feb 2008 - 16:05
Post #8

Member No.: 2,073

Timescales for Prosecution.

QUOTE (tinowrx @ Sat, 2 Feb 2008 - 11:41) *
how long am i likely to wait after this letter???

The police have 6 calendar months from the date of the alleged offence to commence proceedings. This is achieved by the laying of an information (applying for a summons) at the Magistrates' Court.

The summons itself can be printed / issued a few weeks later and, as long as the information was laid within 6 months, can lawfully be served on (ie received by) the defendant outwith this 6 month window..

Your alleged offence occurred on xx August 2007. If it reached xx February 2008 without proceedings having been commenced, it would then be too late to do so. If you so wish, you can contact the court which deals with motoring matters in the area of the alleged offence and ask whether any informations have been laid in your name..

+Quote Post
saracengb
post Sat, 2 Feb 2008 - 16:16
Post #9

Member No.: 16,574

QUOTE (nemo @ Sat, 2 Feb 2008 - 16:05) *
Your alleged offence occurred on xx August 2007. If it reached xx February 2008 without proceedings having been commenced, it would then be too late to do so. If you so wish, you can contact the court which deals with motoring matters in the area of the alleged offence and ask whether any informations have been laid in your name..

I wanted to post something along these lines - just didn't want to jinx anything wink.gif Glad you posted first.

Would it be worth waiting a week or so after the deadline just to be safe? 've noticed a few people on here contacting the court just after the cut off date only to find the info had "just been laid" in time!

+Quote Post
nemo
post Sat, 2 Feb 2008 - 16:22
Post #10

Member No.: 2,073

QUOTE (saracengb @ Sat, 2 Feb 2008 - 16:16) *
Would it be worth waiting a week or so after the deadline just to be safe? 've noticed a few people on here contacting the court just after the cut off date only to find the info had "just been laid" in time!

I'd leave it until a few days after 'timeout' before calling the court. If no informations had been laid, I'd want to know the full name of the court official who dealt with the enquiry and I'd request that the content of the call was logged. I might even ask for faxed confirmation of the conversation details..

+Quote Post
saracengb
post Sat, 2 Feb 2008 - 16:24
Post #11

QUOTE (nemo @ Sat, 2 Feb 2008 - 16:22) *

I'd leave it until a few days after 'timeout' before calling the court. If no informations had been laid, I'd want to know the full name of the court official who dealt with the enquiry and I'd request that the content of the call was logged. I might even ask for faxed confirmation of the conversation details..

Nice one - I'll remember that should I ever need it biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
tinowrx
post Sat, 2 Feb 2008 - 22:16
Post #12

QUOTE (saracengb @ Sat, 2 Feb 2008 - 16:24) *
QUOTE (nemo @ Sat, 2 Feb 2008 - 16:22) *

Nice one - I'll remember that should I ever need it biggrin.gif

the offence occured on the 8th of August 2007 so if i wait til around the 11th-14th feb and then contact the courts, i think it will be either milton keynes or aylesbury for where i live. its the thames valley police and i live in aylesbury. if when ive contact either court on these dates dates and they have nothing, then can i presume i will not be attending court???

thanks
steve

+Quote Post
saracengb
post Sun, 3 Feb 2008 - 00:12
Post #13

QUOTE (tinowrx @ Sat, 2 Feb 2008 - 22:16) *
the offence occured on the 8th of August 2007 so if i wait til around the 11th-14th feb and then contact the courts, i think it will be either milton keynes or aylesbury for where i live. its the thames valley police and i live in aylesbury. if when ive contact either court on these dates dates and they have nothing, then can i presume i will not be attending court???

thanks
steve

As Nemo said - that should be fine. If those are the local courts then it should be OK. Let us know how you get on - we're always up for a success story

Fingers crossed biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Mon, 4 Feb 2008 - 15:01
Post #14

Member No.: 317

The court will be local to the scammers, not you, I think TVP use Banbury.

99 in a 60 is a ban, unless you come up with something very good!

Simon

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
martinbiz
post Mon, 4 Feb 2008 - 21:22
Post #15

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Mon, 4 Feb 2008 - 15:01) *
The court will be local to the scammers, not you, I think TVP use Banbury.

99 in a 60 is a ban, unless you come up with something very good!

Simon

That's a bit pesimistic Simon, he has'nt even had a summons yet! wink.gif Fingers crossed.

+Quote Post
andy_foster
post Mon, 4 Feb 2008 - 21:46
Post #16

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 1,624

The court will be local to the alleged speeding offence, if he is only charged with speeding.

--------------------
Andy

"Whatever the intention of Parliament was, or was not, the law is quite clear." - The Rookie

+Quote Post
tinowrx
post Thu, 21 Feb 2008 - 21:28
Post #17

hi,

thanks for the replies.

well its definately not banbury, it is aylesbury! i recieved a letter today, well home did as im in ireland. its the SUMMONS :-( the query with it is the date on the letter is the 4th Feb 2008 and the date the envelope was franked is the 20th. now is TVP trying to be clever and back dating the letter??? surely it doesnt take 16days to type the letter then post it??? and should i go off of the franked date of the letter date??? i well be back home tomorrow to read the letter, but my dad says there is about 10 pages to go through and one saying about pleading guilty and ban etc????? i will post tomorrow evening the letter if that is any help

thanks
again
steve

+Quote Post
Pikachu
post Thu, 21 Feb 2008 - 21:33
Post #18

Member No.: 17,035

Somewhere on the summons form itself should be the date the information was laid. That is the only important date.

+Quote Post
tinowrx
post Thu, 21 Feb 2008 - 21:46
Post #19

that i wont be able to check until im home tomorrow.

information being laid, does that mean with the court???

+Quote Post
saracengb
post Thu, 21 Feb 2008 - 23:15
Post #20

QUOTE (tinowrx @ Thu, 21 Feb 2008 - 21:46) *
that i wont be able to check until im home tomorrow.

information being laid, does that mean with the court???

AFAIK yes Tino. The information is initially laid with the court and must be within the 6 month time limit - it must be more than just name and address AIUI. Has to be enough to show what the subsequent summons will be for. After that's done they can take their sweet time with the summons!

HTH

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Monday, 9th December 2019 - 17:53
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.