PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Help! 40mph in a 30mph, Bloddy Camera Vans!!!
Andy-g-1
post Sun, 23 Sep 2007 - 22:50
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,963

huh.gif
Hello,
Can anyone help me out here; is it possible to get off this?
I was doing 40mph in a 30mph zone where I travel every day, just around the corner from my house and there was a speed camera van set up on the other side of the road. The area is a 30mph zone and there is a fixed speed camera (which I don’t think has ever caught anyone so I’m guessing its a dummy) located just up the road from this van which is where all the drivers slow down just in case, once I could see the van I slammed on my breaks only to fine out that it was pointless and yesterday I got the NIP through the door.

Is there anyway I can get off? It’s more the points than the fine.

I have been told to ask for or do the following:
1, Is there a calibration certificate covering the last 12 months and was a calibration check carried out before and after there session.
2, Check the road signs on the stretch of road to see if they conform to current legislation (info available on many a speed camera, dvla or police web site).
3, When I request evidence, check that the information you receive is incorrect, i.e. time and date are incorrect (does happen, but usually uncalibrated units).
4, Ask for the evidence i.e. photo

I have also seen on other posts in this forum that if the NIP doesn’t arrive within 14 days it’s null and void. Is this true and could I pretend not to have received it if it is true?

Will any of this help? Does anyone else have any ideas?

Hope to hear soon Cheers Andy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Advertisement
post Sun, 23 Sep 2007 - 22:50
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Wolfie_17
post Sun, 23 Sep 2007 - 23:02
Post #2

Member No.: 6,491

QUOTE (Andy-g-1 @ Sun, 23 Sep 2007 - 23:50) *
Is this true and could I pretend not to have received it if it is true?

It is true, but definitely not a good idea to pretend you didn't get it. unless you like doing bird.

Firstly, you need to establish if it was the camera or the van that got you. it should say on the NIP.
Secondly fill in the NIP wizard with all the details.

When all the details are in any defenses, if there are any, can be explored.

+Quote Post
Andy-g-1
post Mon, 24 Sep 2007 - 00:25
Post #3

It was the van not checked this but i know because i turned off before the fixed cam so i didnt have to creap past the van at 30mph

Andy

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Mon, 24 Sep 2007 - 00:49
Post #4

Member No.: 317

Read the "READ THIS FIRST" sticky and complete the NIP wizard please so we have all the info...

You could say you didn't get the NIP, that would be perjury when you tried to give your "credible evidence" in court, and if anyone on here agreed to it, that would be a conspiracy that carries a MANDATORY jail term - so I certainly would never suggest that route, its really a dumb idea.

You aren't entitled to see any evidence until you have plead not guilty to a summons, so no point asking for tha cal cert, besides they are upto speed on these things these days, so I would give you a <1% chance of success!

Check the road signs by all means, but most 30 limits are in a 'system' of street lights, so no signage is required (and no small repeaters legally allowed) for it to be legal.

You can ask for a photo to 'help confirm the drivers ID' to check details on it, but its the time and date on the NIP that are important, if nothing else you get a souvenir for your £60.

Simon

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
Andy-g-1
post Tue, 25 Sep 2007 - 17:41
Post #5

Cheers, i will now have 9 points and some are over 4yrs old so are out of date so i can pay again (£22) to have them taken off i suppose mad.gif

Cheers Andy

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Wed, 26 Sep 2007 - 08:15
Post #6

Member No.: 317

They no longer count for totting up after 3, no real point having them removed after 4...

Simon

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 01:25
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here