PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Parking in a disabled bay
Stuart.
post Tue, 4 Sep 2007 - 21:07
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,479

I got a parking ticket today off blackburn with darwen borough council. I am a newish driver and have never had a parking ticket or a speeding ticket. I spoke to the parking attendent that booked me and she recommended pepipoo. she also said that i have good grounds for an appeal as the bay wasn't clearly marked as a disabled bay. i'm a serving soldier and would never use a disabled bay, so this was a genuine mistake. do i have grounds and how would i do it
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 17)
Advertisement
post Tue, 4 Sep 2007 - 21:07
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Nimbus
post Tue, 4 Sep 2007 - 21:16
Post #2

Member No.: 7,085

Why is a TA issuing tickets in the knowledge that 'the bay wasn't clearly marked as a disabled bay'?

+Quote Post
EU_Foreigner
post Tue, 4 Sep 2007 - 21:27
Post #3

Member No.: 7,419

Because the issueing of the ticket goes to the monthly quota, even when it is cancelled later on

+Quote Post
clark_kent
post Wed, 5 Sep 2007 - 10:51
Post #4

Member No.: 13,358

QUOTE (Stuart. @ Tue, 4 Sep 2007 - 22:07) *
as the bay wasn't clearly marked as a disabled bay

In what way was it not clearly marked, can you post a photo?

+Quote Post
Stuart.
post Wed, 5 Sep 2007 - 18:54
Post #5

+Quote Post
Stuart.
post Wed, 5 Sep 2007 - 18:56
Post #6

I've tried posting a photo but it wont display it, if you email stuart_ref@hotmail.com i'll be happy to forward the picture on

+Quote Post
Stuart.
post Wed, 5 Sep 2007 - 19:00
Post #7

+Quote Post
muckychimney
post Wed, 5 Sep 2007 - 19:16
Post #8

Member No.: 11,891

If you have the photo on your computer all you have to do is click add reply, that will bring the screen where you can type your reply in, below the box you will see attatchment editor, simply click browse, find your photo, then click upload...easy peasy tongue.gif

This post has been edited by muckychimney: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 - 19:17

--------------------
Images hosted by imageshack.com

+Quote Post
clark_kent
post Wed, 5 Sep 2007 - 19:27
Post #9

Member No.: 13,358

easy peasy indeed, lol!

+Quote Post
andy_foster
post Wed, 5 Sep 2007 - 19:55
Post #10

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 1,624

QUOTE (muckychimney @ Wed, 5 Sep 2007 - 20:16) *
If you have the photo on your computer all you have to do is click add reply, that will bring the screen where you can type your reply in, below the box you will see attatchment editor, simply click browse, find your photo, then click upload...easy peasy tongue.gif

Non-subscribers shouldn't be able to directly attach files/images.
There are instructions in the FAQ for posting images.

--------------------
Andy

Some people think that I make them feel stupid. To be fair, they deserve most of the credit.

+Quote Post
Stuart.
post Wed, 5 Sep 2007 - 20:45
Post #11

CODE
[img]
C:\Users\Stuart\Documents\Bluetooth Exchange

Folder\DSC00086.JPG
[/img]

+Quote Post
Stuart.
post Thu, 6 Sep 2007 - 08:41
Post #12

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Thu, 6 Sep 2007 - 09:02
Post #13

Member No.: 317

Its not clear in the photo, but there MUST be a word 'disabled' across the entrance to that bay in letters 350mm high for it to be valid.

Simon

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
jdfi
post Thu, 6 Sep 2007 - 10:17
Post #14

Member No.: 13,384

QUOTE (Stuart. @ Tue, 4 Sep 2007 - 22:07) *
I got a parking ticket today off blackburn with darwen borough council. I am a newish driver and have never had a parking ticket or a speeding ticket. I spoke to the parking attendent that booked me and she recommended pepipoo. she also said that i have good grounds for an appeal as the bay wasn't clearly marked as a disabled bay. i'm a serving soldier and would never use a disabled bay, so this was a genuine mistake. do i have grounds and how would i do it

She RECOMMENDED pepipoo? Wow. Now that is having support on the inside. Maybe pepipoo could pay to advertise on the back of council car parking tickets too!!

One question for the others. Are studs legal as bay seperators? Surely it needs to be lines? Also, is there a prescribed disabled bay for one of these perpendicular to the road bays?

Finally a personal rant of mine - the car next to your bay parked by driving into the bay (instead of reversing in as per highway code rule 177, which I accept is not the letter of the law), I bet noone was able to give that person a ticket.

--------------------
Everyone on this forum (even those who may be professionally qualified as something) give advice that is their laymans' opinion. This is given without liability. Everyone will assume you are telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, and try to assist you if they can. Photos of signs/the area and scans of documents can help. Never throw anything away even if trivial! Tell all your friends about PePiPoo please!

+Quote Post
patdavies
post Thu, 6 Sep 2007 - 13:01
Post #15

Member No.: 1,625

QUOTE (jdfi @ Thu, 6 Sep 2007 - 11:17) *
Finally a personal rant of mine - the car next to your bay parked by driving into the bay (instead of reversing in as per highway code rule 177, which I accept is not the letter of the law), I bet noone was able to give that person a ticket.

I don't see how Rule 177 applies to parking. It speaks of main roads, side roads and driveways.

FWIW, I always park nose in at a supermarket in order to be able to load up without trying to get a shopping trolley between two cars.

This post has been edited by patdavies: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 - 13:01

+Quote Post
jdfi
post Thu, 6 Sep 2007 - 13:58
Post #16

Member No.: 13,384

QUOTE (patdavies @ Thu, 6 Sep 2007 - 14:01) *
QUOTE (jdfi @ Thu, 6 Sep 2007 - 11:17) *

I don't see how Rule 177 applies to parking. It speaks of main roads, side roads and driveways.

FWIW, I always park nose in at a supermarket in order to be able to load up without trying to get a shopping trolley between two cars.

I'm going off topic here, but surely such a perpendicular bay is analagous to both a side road or a driveway? The supermarket analagy I can understand. At my local Sainsburys, there are a number of bays that have a walkway behind them, so one can reverse in, load up from the walkway, and drive out. Anyway, off topic for this forum - the IAM have produced advice on the issue at http://www.iam.org.uk/pressroom/drivingtips/drivingtip2.htm might be of interest to some.

Apologies for the O/T.

--------------------
Everyone on this forum (even those who may be professionally qualified as something) give advice that is their laymans' opinion. This is given without liability. Everyone will assume you are telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, and try to assist you if they can. Photos of signs/the area and scans of documents can help. Never throw anything away even if trivial! Tell all your friends about PePiPoo please!

+Quote Post
Stuart.
post Thu, 6 Sep 2007 - 14:53
Post #17

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Thu, 6 Sep 2007 - 10:02) *
Its not clear in the photo, but there MUST be a word 'disabled' across the entrance to that bay in letters 350mm high for it to be valid.

Simon

there is no writing on the entrance to the bay at all

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Thu, 6 Sep 2007 - 15:08
Post #18

Member No.: 317

Then its not compliant....I think its diagram 1028.3 should apply, but I'm not an expert.

Simon

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 04:32
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here