PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

UKPC Ticket
werevilla
post Sat, 18 Aug 2007 - 20:48
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,127

Hi i got a ticket from UK parking control yestersday.

I parked in a retail car park at 1pm the ticket attendant said that he saw me and my girlfriend leave the retail park at 1.02 pm .

He stated as i had left the car park that warranted getting a ticket .I only left the car park to pay some cheques into the bank and get some cash out so i could shop at the retail park. Due to the queue in the bank i didnt return until 1.40 with the intention of going into the shops that are within the car park.

The attendant didnt issue the ticket until 1.29pm nearly 30 minutes after he saw us leave.

We returned at 1.40 and saw a ticket on the car and confronted the jerk of an attendant .I asked him if he saw us leave why did he not issue a ticket straight away to which he gave no answer.

The sign makes no reference to not being able to leave the car park yet the offence he has highlighted on the ticket is vehicle owner left site .

The length of time you can stay in the carpark is 90 minutes so as long as i was going to use the shops within the retail park within that time frame i can not see what the problem is.

It does not state anywhere on the signs that you can not leave the premise's

I have no intention of paying this but my one concern is whether these chancers can inform Bailiffs to collect payment who could try and cease my car .

Am i right in assuming that they have no power to do this.

Any advice on how i should play this appreciated .

Here's the rather vague sign

Thanks

This post has been edited by werevilla: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 - 20:49
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
Advertisement
post Sat, 18 Aug 2007 - 20:48
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
andy_foster
post Sat, 18 Aug 2007 - 21:04
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 1,624

Utterly unenforceable. Just ignore it (but keep any paperwork in a safe place justincase).

I've had numerous "tickets" from these shysters - not worth the paper they're written on (except when guilable f*cktards actually pay up).
The issues have been covered numerous times in this forum. See the Private parking ticket sticky, the BP thread, or anything with "private" in the subject line. Basically, they're relying on a dubious contract being formed, and attempting to enforce a penalty clause (which you cannot do in contract law).
They can and will refer the matter to a debt collection agency who will send humorously worded letters, but have no powers.
You can write to them denying liability and insisting that they stop harassing you, but I'd suggest doing nothing. Would you click the "unsubscribe" link on a spam email?

If you receive a county court summons (extremely unlikely), then you need to respond, but otherwise "least said, soonest mended".

--------------------
Andy

Some people think that I make them feel stupid. To be fair, they deserve most of the credit.

+Quote Post
werevilla
post Sat, 18 Aug 2007 - 21:06
Post #3

Thanks Andy

+Quote Post
Mike7777777
post Sat, 18 Aug 2007 - 22:01
Post #4

Member No.: 6,428

Retail park users only

Yes! I am a retail park user. I am using the retail park to ... er ... park wink.gif

+Quote Post
bama
post Sat, 18 Aug 2007 - 23:39
Post #5

Member No.: 4,323

And they put "Penalty" on the sign !! ROTFLMFAO

Shysters and inept IMV

--------------------
Which facts in any situation or problem are “essential” and what makes them “essential”? If the “essential” facts are said to depend on the principles involved, then the whole business, all too obviously, goes right around in a circle. In the light of one principle or set of principles, one bunch of facts will be the “essential” ones; in the light of another principle or set of principles, a different bunch of facts will be “essential.” In order to settle on the right facts you first have to pick your principles, although the whole point of finding the facts was to indicate which principles apply.

Note that I am not legally qualified and any and all statements made are "Reserved". Liability for application lies with the reader.

+Quote Post
muckychimney
post Sun, 19 Aug 2007 - 19:31
Post #6

Member No.: 11,891

QUOTE (bama @ Sun, 19 Aug 2007 - 00:39) *
ROTFLMFAO

WTF ?? thats a new one on me.

This post has been edited by muckychimney: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 - 19:32

--------------------
Images hosted by imageshack.com

+Quote Post
Barking Mad
post Sun, 19 Aug 2007 - 20:18
Post #7

Member No.: 3,017

QUOTE (bama @ Sun, 19 Aug 2007 - 00:39) *
ROTFLMFAO

WTF ?? thats a new one on me.

Rolling
On
The
Floor
Laughing
My
F***ing
Arse
Off

--------------------
If it's brown, got feathers, webbed feet, wings, a beak, waddles and goes quack-quack and looks like a duck:
It's probably a duck...

If it seems like an extortion racket, is operated like an extrortion racket, is run by an organised gang just like an extortion racket (the police are the biggest 'gang' in the country), if it is just like reasoning with any Mafiosa racketeer where any victim's observations are cast aside in the ultimate quest for ¢a$h, then it probably is an extortion racket.

Or as I like to call it State Sponsored Theft

Remember you have a vote at the next local and general elections: Tell your currently elected representatives how you feel.
Make sure you go and vote !!!

+Quote Post
Ex-loyal-BP-cust...
post Thu, 20 Sep 2007 - 08:39
Post #8

Member No.: 8,623

QUOTE (werevilla @ Sat, 18 Aug 2007 - 21:48) *
Hi i got a ticket from UK parking control yestersday.

I parked in a retail car park at 1pm the ticket attendant said that he saw me and my girlfriend leave the retail park at 1.02 pm .

He stated as i had left the car park that warranted getting a ticket .I only left the car park to pay some cheques into the bank and get some cash out so i could shop at the retail park. Due to the queue in the bank i didnt return until 1.40 with the intention of going into the shops that are within the car park.

The attendant didnt issue the ticket until 1.29pm nearly 30 minutes after he saw us leave.

We returned at 1.40 and saw a ticket on the car and confronted the jerk of an attendant .I asked him if he saw us leave why did he not issue a ticket straight away to which he gave no answer.

The sign makes no reference to not being able to leave the car park yet the offence he has highlighted on the ticket is vehicle owner left site .

The length of time you can stay in the carpark is 90 minutes so as long as i was going to use the shops within the retail park within that time frame i can not see what the problem is.

It does not state anywhere on the signs that you can not leave the premise's

I have no intention of paying this but my one concern is whether these chancers can inform Bailiffs to collect payment who could try and cease my car .

Any advice on how i should play this appreciated .

Here's the rather vague sign

Thanks

Their sign says "retail park users only". Does that mean that the parking restrictions do not apply to those not using the retail park??!!

I have a good laugh when I see that someone hasn't spotted that their wording is ambiguous. The sign probably cost them lots of money and it doesn't make sense, hardly clear enough to stand up to scrutiny in a court of law.

If it makes you feel any better, we had two Penalty Charge Notices issued for overstaying at the BP Petrol station which started this discussion and we never had satisfactory answers to letters, the end result that we have not been pursued as threatened. When we phoned the debt collection agency (an excuse to add another £75 to the bill, it would seem) they said that they should not have been sent our case if there was a dispute.

At the end of the day, the only result is that I have wasted a lot of time worrying about it. Should I sue the "enforcement company"?? I can't really be bothered!

+Quote Post
werevilla
post Thu, 27 Sep 2007 - 09:04
Post #9

Update i have recieved a PCN from these scammers.

I have replied stating that the only way these fools can hope to obtain any money is if they take me to Court and if they do i will defend my case and win.

Also warned them that if they pass the debt to a collections company they are breaking OFT guidlines as this is 100% disputed and they will be reported accordingly if they take this course of action.

They replied stating the sign is clear as someone has pointed out it does not even name the retail park. I have other pics of signs from other scaming companies and they clearly state the name of the retail park and punishment if you leave said parks. I cant see how they could possibly attend court and say the sign is clear.

They also say as I am the registered keepeer i have to pay even though i was not driving at the time. ( I dont think so i wasnt the driver therfore how have i entered into a contract with them)

In there reply they say if i can produce a receipt to say i used one of the shops they will cancel the pcn. I have pointed out to them that a shop was used but nothing purchased and it is not for me to prove to them the driver did use a shop, but for them to prove they didnt.

I have also advised them if i have to reply to correspondence for a third time i will invoice them for 50.00 for each reply for my time and effort.
If they can send demands that are nothing more than a glorified invoice so can I.

This post has been edited by werevilla: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 - 09:28

+Quote Post
jdfi
post Thu, 27 Sep 2007 - 13:20
Post #10

Member No.: 13,384

QUOTE (werevilla @ Sat, 18 Aug 2007 - 21:48) *

You are totally correct - bailiffs would only become an issue once they have a judgement in their favour (very unlikely) AND you haven't paid in the time the court have set you.

Please tell anyone who gets one of these that there is nothing to fear whatsoever.

--------------------
Everyone on this forum (even those who may be professionally qualified as something) give advice that is their laymans' opinion. This is given without liability. Everyone will assume you are telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, and try to assist you if they can. Photos of signs/the area and scans of documents can help. Never throw anything away even if trivial! Tell all your friends about PePiPoo please!

+Quote Post
215m3
post Thu, 27 Dec 2007 - 19:20
Post #11

Member No.: 10,894

Werevillaa

Any further letters from UKPC?

If not then i assume they have just dropped this.

My Fiancee has received one in Coatbridge.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 18:40
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here