PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Incomplete details of officer?, Pulled and given speeding ticket, no rank on ticket.
Goose
post Thu, 19 Jul 2007 - 23:44
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,625

A friend received a ticket at the side of the road and after a quick look I noticed the officer had not put his rank on it. The name and number wasn't the easiest to read and the offence code didn't seem right(I will double check what is written tomorrow).
I asked if it was actually a police officer and she thinks so, just wondered if there was anyway of arguing about it being incorrectly filled out due to the rank ommission, or is it covered by the slip rule?
It was in Cheshire and 44 in a 30, she thought it was 40 limit(it should be angry.gif ), a works vehicle, clean licence held licence for about a year and she signed the ticket at the side of the road. Anybody got any advice that could help her please?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Advertisement
post Thu, 19 Jul 2007 - 23:44
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
/dev/null
post Fri, 20 Jul 2007 - 02:07
Post #2

Member No.: 5,864

I don't believe they need to state their rank.
The offence code will likely be an internal one - it will be meaningless to you (ie, won't be SP30 etc).

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Fri, 20 Jul 2007 - 10:02
Post #3

Member No.: 317

As she has an FPN, she must accept it or actually decline it (ignoring it is deemed acceptance and they therefore chase the unpaid fine), if she declines it goes to court where an errors on the FPN are very unlilkley to be sufficient to be enough to help her fight this in the face of the officers evidence.

Simon

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
Goose
post Tue, 24 Jul 2007 - 16:17
Post #4

Member No.: 3,625

Thanks for the replies, she has paid the ticket already, I told her not to make it too easy for them dry.gif but thanks for the advice anyway!

I went past the place today there was a camera type thing on a stand stood next to the police car and one bobby and a cso(really winning hearts and minds eh?) stood next to the car talking to another victim but the camera wasn't manned and to be honest looked to low to be "aimed" properly.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 14th August 2020 - 08:50
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.