PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

FPN - No Registration Number, Help please!
J22
post Thu, 7 Jun 2007 - 19:47
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,346

Hi folks - only just found this great site after getting stopped for speeding on Tuesday. Any speedy help that can be given would be greatly appreciated.

I was given a Fixed Penalty Notice by a WPC for doing 43 in a 30 (I'm not sure that I was going quite that fast) - caught by a laser device. Anyhow, the police woman filled in all my details on the ticket & handed to me. When I got home, I noticed that she hasn't filled in my car registration number on the ticket - that box is completely empty.

What is the best course of action? Should I request a court hearing - how can she send me a summons unless she has the car registration to include within it? And if she does have it recorded elsewhere, can she prove that I was driving that car on that day without it being recorded on the ticket?

Please help!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Advertisement
post Thu, 7 Jun 2007 - 19:47
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
RD400E
post Thu, 7 Jun 2007 - 20:31
Post #2

Member No.: 12,023

That sounds a bit vague, how will they be able to prosecute you (as a person) with no record of a motor vehicle exceeding a speed limit (reg number) perhaps you was training for the Olympics.
Was this a regular WPC or one of the so called Specials that have no clue of what they're doing?

Are you sure it was a WPC operating the 'Laser Device' ?

You say you was 'stopped' how was this done, we need more details.

+Quote Post
wedged
post Thu, 7 Jun 2007 - 21:34
Post #3

Member No.: 12,320

QUOTE (RD400E @ Thu, 7 Jun 2007 - 21:31) *
Are you sure it was a WPC operating the 'Laser Device' ?

Did she have high heels on - that's usually the giveaway ;^)

Were there any other details on the ticket about the vehicle at all?

Did you give your name and address or license number?

+Quote Post
J22
post Thu, 7 Jun 2007 - 22:00
Post #4

wedged - She took my name & address - they are on the ticket. She also recorded the make & model of the car on the ticket (for example, Vauxhall, Corsa).

RD400E - It was a fully trained WPC from a traffic division I think (white hat?) with 2 other police men - they were operating a laser at the side of the road. They recorded a speed from a distance & stopped me by stepping into the road & signalling for me to pull over before handing me a FPN.

+Quote Post
J22
post Sun, 10 Jun 2007 - 22:30
Post #5

Anybody? Please!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 14th August 2020 - 10:47
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.