Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,846

NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? - Dumfries and Galloway
Date of the offence: - 1/3/07
Date of the NIP: - 5/3/07
Date you received the NIP: - 10/3/07
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - A74(M) Glasgow - Carlisle Road, plus a more detailed description im keeping secret for now but pretty accurate.
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery - Recorded
If your are not the Registered Keeper, what is your relationship to the vehicle? -
How many current points do you have? - 3
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - Just usual run of the mill, saw the scamera van on the bridge too late to do anything, looked like civillian van.

These are the answers you've given so far:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - Yes
Although you are the Registered Keeper, were you also the keeper of the vehicle concerned (the person normally responsible for it) at the time of the alleged offence? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - Scotland

NIP Wizard
Based on the answers you've given we recommend that you consider:

Complete the form, but return it unsigned.

I take it I just fill it in and wait to see what happens, how many points do you reckon for 91 in a 70. By the way I live in London.

This post has been edited by Oscar21: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 - 20:34
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Advertisement
post Fri, 16 Mar 2007 - 20:34
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
popdog28
post Wed, 21 Mar 2007 - 11:15
Post #2

Member No.: 5,120

91 in 70 is 3 points & £60 if you accept the COFP. You have choice, accept it, pay fine, take points and avoid trip to Dumfires. Or, go unsigned, ignore C.O.F.P and run risk of summons, or chance that it could be timed out. Another case on same stretch, at similar speed, timed out recently. Your choice my friend, depends if you want to roll over or fight

+Quote Post
Oscar21
post Wed, 21 Mar 2007 - 22:27
Post #3

Member No.: 3,846

Definatley fight.

+Quote Post
Rev-head
post Wed, 21 Mar 2007 - 22:40
Post #4

Member No.: 10,524

Caught on the same bit on the 3rd March as you come over the crest of the hill and they were sitting on the flyover........i am going unsigned

This post has been edited by Rev-head: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 - 22:40

+Quote Post
popdog28
post Tue, 27 Mar 2007 - 08:41
Post #5

Member No.: 5,120

If you want to fight Oscar, I suggest sending back N.I.P unsigned as near as possible to the 28 days. Send recorded delivery. Make sure that you are Yorke compliant. You will more than likely get a C.O.F.P which you ignore if you want to fight. Just be prepared for at least a couple of trips North of the Border.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Monday, 21st October 2019 - 01:34
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.