PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

red light camera, taken from the rear without warning!
varadero
post Tue, 30 Jan 2007 - 18:31
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,348

I could use some advice right now as I've just recieved an NIP for running a red light on a bike registered in my name. The road in question is a dual carriageway that carries no forthcoming camera warning sign, is this obligatory?, the camera/lights setup is on a roundabout, the approach to which is curved to the left, forcing a biker to bank left at speed - possibly 60+ mph in all road conditions. This leaves little time for reaction to a changing green light of course, and in this case not quite enough - 1.7something seconds after the red light at 50+mph. The photo is taken from a camera that could only have an image of the back of a bike and rider, could it have been someone else using the registered keeper's bike? Are there any loopholes here, do the cps have a case to challenge?
Can anyone help the red light runaway?

unsure.gif This is the first time I've used the forum and I hope I can return the generosity someday.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Advertisement
post Tue, 30 Jan 2007 - 18:31
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
jeffreyarcher
post Tue, 30 Jan 2007 - 21:02
Post #2

Member No.: 134

QUOTE (varadero @ Tue, 30 Jan 2007 - 18:31) *
that carries no forthcoming camera warning sign, is this obligatory?,

No.
QUOTE (varadero @ Tue, 30 Jan 2007 - 18:31) *
could it have been someone else using the registered keeper's bike?
From your first sentence, it would appear not. confused2.gif

+Quote Post
uknational
post Tue, 30 Jan 2007 - 23:08
Post #3

Member No.: 7,944

AH but, hypothetically, it could be a cloned plate. if you can show you (with immpeccable witnesses) were elsewhere at the time............

This post has been edited by uknational: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 - 23:09

+Quote Post
crystal
post Tue, 30 Jan 2007 - 23:19
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 4,437

Hi,

1) Please visit the READ ME FIRST section (Click Here), answer all the questions in the NIP Wizard, and then post the Wizard's output back here to enable us to help you.

2) Lying is perverting the course of justice and if found gulity of this you could end up in prison.

3) This safespeed research may well help it was a 60 limit it demonstrates that it could have been impossible for you stop in time.

Regards
Crystal

This post has been edited by crystal: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 - 23:35

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 3rd April 2020 - 00:26
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.