PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Help/Advice needed, First NIP - Scotland.
Fabian
post Thu, 21 Dec 2006 - 11:37
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,715

Folks, I received a NIP for doing 51mph in a 40mph, however I do not believe this to be the case. To cut a long story short I was aware that the mobile unit was there as I had seen it earlier the day I was 'caught' so there is no way I would be going 11mph over the speed limit knowing the camera was actually there !!

The NIP wizard suggests I send it back unsigned, should I include a covering letter explaining my doubt as to the accuracy of the reading? Would I also ask to see proof the camera had been calibrated/tested before use etc? Or just send the un signed NIP?
Also, should I ask to see the photographic eveidence or would this be pointless as I know it was me driving at the time of the 'offence'?

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated and I will keep everyone updated on my progress in the coming weeks/months ahead.

Thank You.

This post has been edited by Fabian: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 - 11:39
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Advertisement
post Thu, 21 Dec 2006 - 11:37
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Mika
post Thu, 21 Dec 2006 - 11:41
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Please visit the READ ME FIRST section (Click Here), answer all the questions in the NIP Wizard, and then post the Wizard's output back here to enable us to help you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fabian
post Thu, 21 Dec 2006 - 11:55
Post #3

Sorry, I didn't realise the wizard kept the exact dates etc hidden that's why I never posted it, my mistake.

NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? - Tayside
Date of the offence: - October 2006
Date of the NIP: - 8 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 10 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - ($$) FORFAR RD< DUNDEE (A90) NR FOUNTAINBLEAU DR
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - First
How many current points do you have? - 0
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - Drove past the mobile unit but was already aware of it's presence as I had already seen it that day. It was a dual carriageway with a limit of 40mph, I was doing 51mph............ So they say.

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - Scotland
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:
  • Complete the form, but return it unsigned.

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v1.0.2: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:53:09 +0000

This post has been edited by Fabian: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 - 11:57

+Quote Post
Fabian
post Thu, 21 Dec 2006 - 16:13
Post #4

Anyone??

I have to send the NIP recorded delivery in the tomorrow morning as it's the last chance I will get so ANY comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

+Quote Post
pauliexjr
post Thu, 21 Dec 2006 - 17:09
Post #5

Member No.: 5,154

If you want to fight return it unsigned, no covering letter or any other form of correspondence (called keeping your powder dry wink.gif )

Better still get an 'agent' (solicitor, friend, wife, partner, significant other) to complete it on your behalf. Again, they DON'T sign it, but they complete a signed, dated statement which you don't send but you do keep safe, confirming that they completed the NIP, not you.

Also, send it 'signed for' not just registered, that way you can track it and prove they received it.

If you're not up for a fight then sign the NIP, return it and wait for the CoFP which should be around £60 + 3 points.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 13:54
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here