Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Portable camera apparently caught me doing 40 in a 30 zone
Miss M
post Sun, 10 Dec 2006 - 19:53
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,535

Hi all

A bit of background. My dad was away for a month and i have been driving his car. He returned today and opened his letters and found that a Notice of intended prosecution has been sent to him but it regards me.

I have tried to use the FAQ and online form here but i am unsure of what to input into the fields as the letter was not addressed to me. Also i am getting a bit worried, as the date of the offence was the 23rd November, letter dated 27 and we recevied it today 10 dec.

I am going to take a drive up to the 'scene of the crime' tomorrow because i swear the stretch of road is 40mph and not 30mph.

I would like to see some evidence because i do not even remember being there no one else would have driven the car so it must have been me as my dad was in a different country.

Can anyone please advise me please thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Advertisement
post Sun, 10 Dec 2006 - 19:53
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
crystal
post Sun, 10 Dec 2006 - 19:56
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 4,437

Hi,

Please visit the READ ME FIRST section (Click Here), answer all the questions in the NIP Wizard, and then post the Wizard's output back here to enable us to help you.

First answer as if you were you dad, it will proabaly tell you dad to fill the form in naming you and send back on arround day 26 naming you. If you are sure it is you. If not he should write and ask for a photo to help identify the driver. (you are not entitled to evidence until you have pleaded not gulity to a summons)
How close are you to the 28 day limit, asking for a photo does not extend that deadline.

When you recive the NIP addressed to you then come back and do the wizard as you (make sure you answer all the question on the form and post the results in the thread).
Then we can help with what your choices are.

Regards
Crystal

This post has been edited by crystal: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 - 19:58

+Quote Post
Miss M
post Sun, 10 Dec 2006 - 20:04
Post #3

These are the answers you've given so far:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - No
Is the NIP addressed to you personally? - No

is this right?

+Quote Post
crystal
post Sun, 10 Dec 2006 - 20:13
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 4,437

Hi,

Under one of the questions is a form that asks you to fill in the location and things like that, we need all the answers please smile.gif

Regards
Crystal

+Quote Post
Bluedart
post Sun, 10 Dec 2006 - 20:14
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (Miss M @ Sun, 10 Dec 2006 - 20:04) *
These are the answers you've given so far:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - No
Is the NIP addressed to you personally? - No

is this right?

Right so far. Your dad being the rk has to fill in the form and name you as the driver, unless of course it wasn't you.
If it was you, you will get your own ticket to fame in due course, do not despair, come back here and get the best advice on this planet.
Good luck.

--------------------
Peter
What I'd like to see police/local authorities do is deal with important issues and not these sorts of victimless crimes when society is riddled with problems.

If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

'The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.' - Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Miss M
post Sun, 10 Dec 2006 - 22:11
Post #6

thank you

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Mon, 11 Dec 2006 - 12:53
Post #7

Member No.: 317

Your Dad has 28 days to get the reply to them (from receipt), it is worthwhile making sure he uses the full 28 (i.e. post it on the 26th day), anything that drags it out CAN (but not always) work in your favour.

Simon

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 13:19
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here