Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,540

NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? - Central Scotland
Date of the offence: - October 2006
Date of the NIP: - 7 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 9 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - M9 Edinburgh / Perth Motorway, Craigforth, District of Stirling at a part near to the A84 Overbridge
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - NK
If your are not the Registered Keeper, what is your relationship to the vehicle? - Main driver of company car
How many current points do you have? - 6
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - Driving north with a colleague, got caught behind some traffic exiting the motorway and saw a space to enter the overtaking lane. Accelerated and moved into it... got done by camera on bridge!

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - Scotland
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - No
Although you are not the Registered Keeper, were you the keeper of the vehicle concerned (the person normally responsible for it)? - Yes
Is the NIP addressed to you personally? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:
  • Complete the form, but return it unsigned.

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v1.0.2: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 17:23:16 +0100

Going to ask to see a still off the video just to confirm the driver..... pretty sure it was me driving but willing to waste a little bit of time. Before I return the NIP... when I complete the NIP (part 1) do i fill in all the sections with my details except the signature?

Thanks for all your help and thoughts ... will keep you up to date.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Advertisement
post Thu, 26 Oct 2006 - 16:27
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
jeffreyarcher
post Thu, 26 Oct 2006 - 16:42
Post #2

Member No.: 134

You say a company car.
Just to check; is this NIP addressed to you? I.e. the company have named you on the one addressed to them? The action that you propose is only correct if that is the case.

QUOTE (CelticLhad @ Thu, 26 Oct 2006 - 17:27) *
when I complete the NIP (part 1) do i fill in all the sections with my details except the signature?

thumbsup.gif
Since this is Central Scotland scammers, you should be ready for some home visits.

+Quote Post
CelticLhad
post Thu, 26 Oct 2006 - 18:49
Post #3

The NIP had previously been sent to my company HQ in Kent and they then gave out my address as the person responsible sad.gif

Ok.... lets see what happens.... to be continued tongue.gif

(i have a constant voice behind me at the moment saying just pay the fine... I've told her to be quiet! It's just not my week blush.gif )

+Quote Post
firefly
post Thu, 26 Oct 2006 - 21:01
Post #4

Member No.: 298

Ah, the M9 at junction 10! About 5 mins from my old house and, until 2005 at the latest, it wasn't a usual haunt of Central Scotland scammers. They usually sat a few miles further up the A9 at Allan Water (at Dunblane).

--------------------

+Quote Post
CelticLhad
post Tue, 14 Nov 2006 - 15:48
Post #5

thats the paperwork sent back registered post and unsigned.

can anyone explain what actually happens if your unlucky enough to open the door to PC plod ?

+Quote Post
jeffreyarcher
post Tue, 14 Nov 2006 - 17:53
Post #6

Member No.: 134

QUOTE (CelticLhad @ Tue, 14 Nov 2006 - 15:48) *
can anyone explain what actually happens if your unlucky enough to open the door to PC plod ?

Assuming that you live in Scotland, they will make a verbal S172 requirement, and, assuming that there are two of them, you must supply or you will be successfully prosecuted for S172.

+Quote Post
CelticLhad
post Tue, 14 Nov 2006 - 19:16
Post #7

Thanks Jeffrey!

I am in Scotland so will have to take the batteries out of the the doorbell. smile.gif

+Quote Post
firefly
post Tue, 14 Nov 2006 - 19:44
Post #8

QUOTE (CelticLhad @ Tue, 14 Nov 2006 - 19:16) *
Thanks Jeffrey!

I am in Scotland so will have to take the batteries out of the the doorbell. smile.gif
Don't jest, I'd do it!

Also, don't answer the door yourself when you're not expecting it. I forsee much hiding behind sofas for the next couple of months! blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
CelticLhad
post Tue, 14 Nov 2006 - 19:49
Post #9

firefly... since you use to come from that area thought this would raise a smile. I was on the M9/A80 again yesterday and this time they had 2 camera's a few miles apart covering traffic in each direction!

For everyone's info: the first was northbound after the A80 (at the roadworks just insidde the Central Scotland Police territory) and the other was southbound on the bridge (a84 over the M9) where I got caught earlier.

Must be a rich seam for them

+Quote Post
Fight it
post Tue, 14 Nov 2006 - 20:02
Post #10

Member No.: 8,764

Hi CelticLhad are you in the same area as the camera partnership are? ie central Scotland?

I am doing the same as yourself and I live in scotland but I live in another police force community and about 350 miles away.

I wonder if that will make any difference?

Anyway best of luck mate smile.gif

+Quote Post
CelticLhad
post Tue, 14 Nov 2006 - 20:44
Post #11

QUOTE (Fight it @ Tue, 14 Nov 2006 - 20:02) *
Hi CelticLhad are you in the same area as the camera partnership are? ie central Scotland?

No - I'm in Strathclyde.... but from other posts (firefly's esp!) i guess I'll be getting a knock on the door,
QUOTE (Fight it @ Tue, 14 Nov 2006 - 20:02) *
I am doing the same as yourself and I live in scotland but I live in another police force community and about 350 miles away.

I wonder if that will make any difference?

again from other posts it looks like they dont enjoy following up 'foreign' abscondees. good luck mate I'll keep this post uptodate fingers crossed smile.gif

oops ... mess up previous post - sorry blush.gif

This post has been edited by firefly: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 - 21:02

+Quote Post
Fight it
post Tue, 14 Nov 2006 - 21:14
Post #12

You have a pm mate wink.gif

Cheers

+Quote Post
Wolfie_17
post Tue, 14 Nov 2006 - 21:18
Post #13

Member No.: 6,491

I can tell you that they really do follow up on foreign abscondees!

I got an NIP from Dumfries & Galloway constabulary in August 05 for 93mph on the A74(M), southbound nearto Torwood Overbridge, J17, Lockerbie to be specific.

This is the story in brief:

Being brave I ignored the first NIP.

Being stupid I ignored the second reminder NIP

I had a brown trouser moment when the wife rang me to say that two of the local Warwickshire plod had come knocking acting on behalf of their Scottish colleagues to speak to me about a driving offence in Scotland! & could I kindly ring them.

I duly rang like a good citizen & made an appointment to be interviewed at Rugby nick, where I was duly cautioned & asked to explain by two of them (Scottish Law) why I had not replied to the nice policemens letters.

I have to say that the guy was a very helpful person indeed & actually gave me advice on how to beat the rap, saying I should write back asking for the photos & showing reasonable diligence etc, but the woman officer was a vile beast from the depths who wanted to see me hang!

This is my letter:
Dear Sir

I have recently been handed the enclosed intended prosecution notice, however after extensive research into the possible occupants of the vehicle it has proved difficult to establish the person that was actually driving the vehicle at the time of the alleged offence.

I have been interviewed by Warwickshire Police at Rugby police station in relation to the above mentioned enquiry & this also has failed to identify the driver.

Could you please supply the mentioned evidence so that the guilty driver can be established? It would be a real miscarriage of justice if an innocent driver were to plead guilty whilst a guilty driver gets away with it! In the interests that justice prevails your photographic evidence may prove this.

Thank you for your co-operation

Anyway, they returned returned my statement to Dumfries & Galloway & I never heard another thing about it!

Its a funny thing the law isn't it?

Cheers Adey

+Quote Post
Fight it
post Tue, 14 Nov 2006 - 21:27
Post #14

Cheers Wolfie all info is helpful in some sort of way.

I am fighting the bit with Northern Constabulary so hopefully luck will be on my side as its better to be lucky than good sometimes biggrin.gif

I have already sent away a letter and got a reply ie photos so I am doing the old Unsigned route and see what sort of reply I recieve.

Cheers

+Quote Post
CelticLhad
post Mon, 20 Nov 2006 - 12:11
Post #15

Latest News!!!

Received the photos on the 15th Nov (the day the form was due back - it'd already been returned). It appears to be me but its grainy and black and white.

ANYWAY.... Received a letter saying
"with ref ti form B received..... I have enclosed said form for full completion as it is required to be signed as indicted
I must advise that your notice ran out on 16/11/6 and would suggest that it be returned, duly completed to this office with the next 7 days.
In the meantime...."

So, they've returned the original document (with a datestamp on it 15.11.6). Just ignore it now?

+Quote Post
firefly
post Mon, 20 Nov 2006 - 12:39
Post #16

You can either return it or ignore it. Some people do either. Personally, I'd return it as you found it. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
pauliexjr
post Mon, 20 Nov 2006 - 15:40
Post #17

Member No.: 5,154

Just a word of caution, the photo they send you may not be the pick of the bunch! In other words if it looks like you there is a chance they have a clearer one that really looks like you so don't rely on their grainy image to get you off should you take this the whole way.

The other little trick is to get the scamera operator in the witless box to say "Yep, that's Mr CelticLad, I know it was well over six months ago and I've scammed hundreds of people since then, but I've got a good memeory for faces and that's yer man right there!"

+Quote Post
CelticLhad
post Fri, 15 Dec 2006 - 11:00
Post #18

Another update!

I decided after my last post not to respond to returned documents.

Letter dated 9/12/6 arrived yesterday (posted first class) stating that on 18.10.6 a NIP was issued and no reply has been received & that this is a final reminder with an additional 14 days. New blank Form B enclosed.

Do I ignote this too as I have already responded and keep this recorded delivery paperwork or rebegin the process again?

thanks
CelticLhad

excl.gif Oh! did anyone spot in the Metro on Thursday 11th (page 11) that the head of Durham Polices' driving school, Insp Paul Gee, was caught doing 118mph in his BMW at the same place I was alleged to. The best bit is that Durham Police hope the NIP will be withdrawn! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gaza
post Fri, 15 Dec 2006 - 12:21
Post #19

Member No.: 9,588

QUOTE (CelticLhad @ Fri, 15 Dec 2006 - 11:00) *
excl.gif Oh! did anyone spot in the Metro on Thursday 11th (page 11) that the head of Durham Polices' driving school, Insp Paul Gee, was caught doing 118mph in his BMW at the same place I was alleged to. The best bit is that Durham Police hope the NIP will be withdrawn! laugh.gif

FULL ARTICLE on bbc.co.uk

Unbelieveable!!! Why did he have to be so far off his home patch to carry out a "risk assesment" exercise? I suspect he had been at the Scottish Police Training Colleage at Tulliallan and was making his way home. The "notify other forces" wa nothing more than a ploy to allow him to spank it without getting caught.

The annoying thing is just like the tosser who drove at 150 mph on the M54 to "hone his skills" he will get away with it.

+Quote Post
pauliexjr
post Fri, 15 Dec 2006 - 13:18
Post #20

Member No.: 5,154

Personally CL I'd ignore their latest attempt, keep all the paperwork together and wait for their next move wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Monday, 14th October 2019 - 14:21
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.