PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PC Witness Statement, Has not been witnessed - does it make any difference?
brentmeister
post Fri, 29 Sep 2006 - 16:33
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,961

I have been issued with a NIP for an alleged speeding offence (41mph in 30mph zone).

I have pleaded 'Not Guilty', as I want to see the photographic stills and videotape evidence (not a fixed camera, but a Police Constable (PC) with a hand-held laser device).

I have received the PC's Witness Statement, which is typed on what looks like a standard-issue form.

The PC has signed the bottom of each page, where it says 'Signature:', but there's also a 'Signature witnessed by:' field that has not been completed.

My question is this: Can the PC's Witness Statement be admissible, as it's not been witnessed by anybody?

I understand the importance of following procedure in this type of situation when it comes to producing evidence in Court, so I was wondering whether this non-witnessing of an official document makes any difference?

I would be very interested to hear any comment regarding this small 'technicality'. biggrin.gif

(I know it's a long shot.)

This post has been edited by brentmeister: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 - 16:50
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Advertisement
post Fri, 29 Sep 2006 - 16:33
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
V70
post Fri, 29 Sep 2006 - 22:19
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,388

The officer is over the age of 17, therefore his signiture does not need to be witnessed, providing he does not work in Scotland.

--------------------
~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 7th July 2020 - 16:43
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.