PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

SV77011 My first time :(
V8Howler
post Thu, 8 Apr 2021 - 18:07
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 112,198

Hello all, am very new to this so hopefully all relevant detail is included, if it's not then please advise and I'll update.

So, I was stopped on a dual carriageway, the allegation is that I was doing an average as measured by the Officer between 2 bridges of 96 in a 70, he alleges that I was doing over 100 at some points but "couldn't get me for that"

There were 2 officers in a marked BMW, in North Wales.

The code on the T.O.R. is SV77011

As I've read on here already, he underplayed the potential penalty (possibly to reduce conflict at roadside maybe, there was none, it was all very polite)

The officer that spoke to me explained that I may receive a conditional offer in the post in the next few weeks.

My query is this, for some reason the officer that did all the talking said to me that although he filled the T.O.R. in he had used his colleagues details and if I wanted to contact him then contact the other officer, the officer that did the talking did not provide his own details to me.
The officer whose details he used did not speak to me at all.
I was cautioned by the officer who did the talking, as soon as he approached me, he asked if I had anything to say, I said "no"

I'm asking out of interest if this is allowed really, it seems unusual.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
Advertisement
post Thu, 8 Apr 2021 - 18:07
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
BaggieBoy
post Thu, 8 Apr 2021 - 18:09
Post #2

Member No.: 5,183

I can't see anything that would advantage you.

+Quote Post
V8Howler
post Thu, 8 Apr 2021 - 18:10
Post #3

QUOTE (BaggieBoy @ Thu, 8 Apr 2021 - 19:09) *
I can't see anything that would advantage you.

Thank you, was worth an ask.

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Thu, 8 Apr 2021 - 18:17
Post #4

Member No.: 317

For 96 you are very unlikely to be offered a fixed penalty, a Single Justice Procedure Notice (aka a summons) to court is all but certain, and may well not arrive on your doormat for 6 months.

This post has been edited by The Rookie: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 - 18:18

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
V8Howler
post Thu, 8 Apr 2021 - 18:19
Post #5

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Thu, 8 Apr 2021 - 19:17) *
For 96 you are very unlikely to be offered a fixed penalty, a Single Justice Procedure Notice (aka a summons) to court is all but certain, and may well not arrive on your doorstep for 6 months.

I have to admit, it did seem unlikely.

Many thanks for the reply.

+Quote Post
Logician
post Thu, 8 Apr 2021 - 19:29
Post #6

Member No.: 36,528

QUOTE (V8Howler @ Thu, 8 Apr 2021 - 18:19) *
For 96 you are very unlikely to be offered a fixed penalty, a Single Justice Procedure Notice (aka a summons) to court is all but certain, and may well not arrive on your doorstep for 6 months.

Well, you were not that far away, in a 70 limit, 95 is normally a fixed penalty of £100 + 3points, 96 goes to court and probably 5 points, fine of one week's net income less 33%, surcharge of 10% (min £34) and £85 costs. A real cliff edge situation

--------------------

+Quote Post
V8Howler
post Thu, 8 Apr 2021 - 20:51
Post #7

QUOTE (Logician @ Thu, 8 Apr 2021 - 20:29) *
QUOTE (V8Howler @ Thu, 8 Apr 2021 - 18:19) *

Well, you were not that far away, in a 70 limit, 95 is normally a fixed penalty of £100 + 3points, 96 goes to court and probably 5 points, fine of one week's net income less 33%, surcharge of 10% (min £34) and £85 costs. A real cliff edge situation

Thanks, not the disaster it seemed last night at least!

A lesson learned.

+Quote Post
notmeatloaf
post Fri, 9 Apr 2021 - 00:51
Post #8

Member No.: 90,659

Anecdotally officers have been known to put a lower speed on the TOR if you are close to the boundary between a fixed penalty and court. Especially if you have passed the attitude test.

--------------------
Scores on doors

Me 1 - 0 Avon & Somerset
Me 1 - 1 Thames Valley
Me 1 - 0 Oxford University Hospitals/Trethowans (parking)

+Quote Post
V8Howler
post Fri, 9 Apr 2021 - 05:47
Post #9

QUOTE (notmeatloaf @ Fri, 9 Apr 2021 - 01:51) *
Anecdotally officers have been known to put a lower speed on the TOR if you are close to the boundary between a fixed penalty and court. Especially if you have passed the attitude test.

I'd like to think I'd passed that, he was as "ok" with me as he could have been given the circumstances.

Thanks for the reply.

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Fri, 9 Apr 2021 - 06:15
Post #10

Member No.: 317

Last time I was caught speeding (23rd December 1990!) the officer followed me and said I was doing between 97 and 99 (no argument, I had consciously kept it just below the ton) and he said that as my driving was otherwise good he would put it as 94 and offer me a fixed penalty, if that was OK with he (heck yes!) long time ago, but yes it does happen.

If you are going to speed its always worth knowing the various important speeds, Limit+10%+2mph is for when they will take action (so 78 in a 70, no action, 79, yes) for awareness courses (England and Wales) add 7mph to that for getting a course. A fixed penalty is offered up to 25mph over the limit (40 and up) or 20 over (20 and 30). In your case going just 1mph slower would have saved a chunk of money and hassle.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
V8Howler
post Fri, 9 Apr 2021 - 07:10
Post #11

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Fri, 9 Apr 2021 - 07:15) *

Last time I was caught speeding (23rd December 1990!) the officer followed me and said I was doing between 97 and 99 (no argument, I had consciously kept it just below the ton) and he said that as my driving was otherwise good he would put it as 94 and offer me a fixed penalty, if that was OK with he (heck yes!) long time ago, but yes it does happen.

If you are going to speed its always worth knowing the various important speeds, Limit+10%+2mph is for when they will take action (so 78 in a 70, no action, 79, yes) for awareness courses (England and Wales) add 7mph to that for getting a course. A fixed penalty is offered up to 25mph over the limit (40 and up) or 20 over (20 and 30). In your case going just 1mph slower would have saved a chunk of money and hassle.

Thanks for the advice, very much appreciated, hopefully this will be a one off, I guess I've been very lucky so far not to have this experience before!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 13th April 2021 - 07:24
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.