PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Contavention 01 - In Single yellow line for 1 min
Spaarkee8519
post Sun, 2 Aug 2020 - 17:01
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 109,305

I have received contravention 01 PCN y'day from dorset county council while collecting my takeaway order y'day. 

I have parked my car on a single yellow line and left to collect for less than a minute (as I thought loading/unloading are allowed) but the warden printed the ticket behind my car without my knowledge. I have returned when he stuck the ticket on the windscreen but he refused to cancel it and told me to challenge it. I was inside the car when he took the front photo which I can see from the council's PCN evidence page. The warden observed my car less than 1 min. The restricted hours on the single yellow line are MON-SAT 8am-6pm.

Please give me you advise to challenge it? I have attached the PCN here.

This post has been edited by Spaarkee8519: Sun, 2 Aug 2020 - 17:04
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
Advertisement
post Sun, 2 Aug 2020 - 17:01
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Sun, 2 Aug 2020 - 17:16
Post #2

Member No.: 74,048

You took a chance and got caught. Popping into the shop for a takeaway is not loading. and if the CEO saw you they likely saw you go into the shop so they do not need to allow an observation period. From what you tell us so far the best you can do is ask for discretion

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Sun, 2 Aug 2020 - 18:08
Post #3

Member No.: 59,924

At least you were picking up preordered food - that could count for you if legal parking there is hard.

The location may be a point - where is High East Street? No town is mentioned. I presume it's in Dorchester.

+Quote Post
Spaarkee8519
post Sun, 2 Aug 2020 - 18:19
Post #4

QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Sun, 2 Aug 2020 - 18:16) *
You took a chance and got caught. Popping into the shop for a takeaway is not loading. and if the CEO saw you they likely saw you go into the shop so they do not need to allow an observation period. From what you tell us so far the best you can do is ask for discretion

Is there any observation or grace period for the single yellow line?
My side indicators were flashing and I was less then 1 min inside the shop and I could only see the front of the car. He must have seen it from the behind. When I approached my car, he quickly came to the front and stick the ticket. If it was longer then 5mins, I would accept it but ticket for less than a minute in a cunning way?

QUOTE (stamfordman @ Sun, 2 Aug 2020 - 19:08) *
At least you were picking up preordered food - that could count for you if legal parking there is hard.

The location may be a point - where is High East Street? No town is mentioned. I presume it's in Dorchester.

Yes, It is in Dorchester. There are few takeaways around that road. I knew it would only take less than a min to collect it. So I did park close to the shop where I can see my car also. But, didn't realise the warden was sneaking behind. Also, I am inside my car on his front car photo evidence.

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Sun, 2 Aug 2020 - 18:29
Post #5

here?

https://www.google.com/maps/@50.7156119,-2....3312!8i6656

Thing is there are pay bays there so it's unlikely you can use a no alternative excuse. The CEO only has to ascertain there is no exempt activity before issuing a PCN.

you can try a polite challenge.

Next time, time your pickup for 6pm.

This post has been edited by stamfordman: Sun, 2 Aug 2020 - 18:32

+Quote Post
Spaarkee8519
post Sun, 2 Aug 2020 - 18:42
Post #6

QUOTE (stamfordman @ Sun, 2 Aug 2020 - 19:29) *
here?

https://www.google.com/maps/@50.7156119,-2....3312!8i6656

Thing is there are pay bays there so it's unlikely you can use a no alternative excuse. The CEO only has to ascertain there is no exempt activity before issuing a PCN.

you can try a polite challenge.

Next time, time your pickup for 6pm.

Thanks for your advise. I learned my lesson in a minute.

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Sun, 2 Aug 2020 - 18:46
Post #7

I would try a challenge - you never know you may get someone in a good mood. Write something and post here first, and someone else may spot something.

+Quote Post
Spaarkee8519
post Sun, 2 Aug 2020 - 19:07
Post #8

QUOTE (stamfordman @ Sun, 2 Aug 2020 - 19:46) *
I would try a challenge - you never know you may get someone in a good mood. Write something and post here first, and someone else may spot something.

The front car photo from the council's evidence shows me inside the car. Will that do any help?
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Sun, 2 Aug 2020 - 20:06
Post #9

QUOTE (Spaarkee8519 @ Sun, 2 Aug 2020 - 20:07) *
The front car photo from the council's evidence shows me inside the car. Will that do any help?

It will show you were around at the time of the PCN and will help your story about a quick pick up so should be mentioned.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Mon, 3 Aug 2020 - 15:24
Post #10

Member No.: 42,618

The photos also show what appear to be empty parking bays on the other side of the road, the council could quite legitimately say you should have parked there and bought a P&D ticket.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Wednesday, 25th November 2020 - 08:28
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.