Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN from Council for Right Turn
intex310
post Sat, 1 Aug 2020 - 11:07
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 98,902

Hi All Moderators,

It was very unfortunate to have received this PCN. As there's a sign for a prohibiting a right turn, I took a chance for it. Didn't realise they installed a camera at this location now. Any chance to appeal this PCN please?PCN for Right Turn

I have attached my PCN and other pics for this.

Please help!

Thanks.

Intex310
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Advertisement
post Sat, 1 Aug 2020 - 11:07
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Sat, 1 Aug 2020 - 11:23
Post #2

Member No.: 74,048

The PCN states that if the PCN is not paid before the end of the 28 day period then an increased charge of £195 may be payable and they may send you a CC. that is not correct.
They may not send you a CC until the end of the 28 days from date of service " working days later than the date of notice

Has won in the past and has lost in the past Like making the turn in full knowledge it was prohibited your choice on whether to fight or not

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
Incandescent
post Sat, 1 Aug 2020 - 11:50
Post #3

Member No.: 54,455

As you admit, you chanced your arm and lost. However, there is a technical appeal argument as outlined by PMB. However, it's important to be aware that the only place you'll get this considered is at London Tribunals with the full £130 in play, the discount option is lost at that stage.

+Quote Post
intex310
post Sat, 1 Aug 2020 - 13:33
Post #4

QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Sat, 1 Aug 2020 - 12:23) *
The PCN states that if the PCN is not paid before the end of the 28 day period then an increased charge of £195 may be payable and they may send you a CC. that is not correct.
They may not send you a CC until the end of the 28 days from date of service " working days later than the date of notice

Has won in the past and has lost in the past Like making the turn in full knowledge it was prohibited your choice on whether to fight or not

Thank you all!

Is it still possible to appeal on this basis and pay at discounted rate if unsuccess?

Best,
Intex

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Sat, 1 Aug 2020 - 13:56
Post #5

Member No.: 59,924

You can makes reps to the council and they will reoffer the discount when they reject as they probably will. As Incandescent says you'll then have to try at the tribunal if you want to go on but then the discount is not in play.

+Quote Post
intex310
post Sat, 1 Aug 2020 - 14:29
Post #6

Thank you all the Moderators!

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Sat, 1 Aug 2020 - 14:57
Post #7

Member No.: 18,483

QUOTE (intex310 @ Sat, 1 Aug 2020 - 15:29) *
Thank you all the Moderators!

You’re welcome...?

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sat, 1 Aug 2020 - 20:29
Post #8

Member No.: 42,618

QUOTE (stamfordman @ Sat, 1 Aug 2020 - 14:56) *
You can makes reps to the council and they will reoffer the discount when they reject as they probably will.

Just replace probably with almost certainly.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Sat, 1 Aug 2020 - 20:46
Post #9

Member No.: 74,048

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Sat, 1 Aug 2020 - 21:29) *
QUOTE (stamfordman @ Sat, 1 Aug 2020 - 14:56) *
You can makes reps to the council and they will reoffer the discount when they reject as they probably will.

Just replace probably with almost certainly.

The OP should be aware that whilst reoffering the discount is usual practice nothing in the regulations require that they do

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 6th August 2020 - 16:32
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.