PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Dagenham-stopped on a restricted bus stop or stand
roythebus
post Fri, 17 Jul 2020 - 15:19
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,683

Working for a bus company (as my name suggests) my car was being used in connection with the company operating the bus service. It had to stop at the bus stop for a very short time to deal with operational matters with roadside controllers and clearly had a label in the windscreen saying it was being used in connection with the TfL service. This was on Sunday evening 5th July from 20:43:32 to 20:43:44.

I received a PCN from Barking & Dagenham Council today 17/7/2020. It was a camera offence and the charge is simply stopping on a restricted bus stop or stand and the road name. I don't deny the car stopped there but I'm certain there,s an exemption fro vehicles used in connection with the operation of the bus service or th maintenance thereof, otherwise it would be impossible for any sort of service vehicle to maintain the bus stops.

Can anyone point me towards the TRO for bus stops in the TfL area?

Meanwhile if I can remember how to I'll post the PCN.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Advertisement
post Fri, 17 Jul 2020 - 15:19
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
stamfordman
post Fri, 17 Jul 2020 - 15:46
Post #2

Member No.: 59,924

Were you displaying any official ID. Working for the bus authority should be an exemption and is noted by e.g. Camden.

General council exemptions include:

The restrictions shall not apply to vehicles when used in the service of a local authority in pursuance of statutory powers or duties provided that in all the circumstances it is reasonably necessary in the exercise of such powers or the performance of such duties for the vehicle to wait in the place in which it is waiting.

This post has been edited by stamfordman: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 - 15:55

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Fri, 17 Jul 2020 - 16:43
Post #3

Member No.: 74,048

Are TFL responsible for the bus stops or is it the council

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
hcandersen
post Fri, 17 Jul 2020 - 17:30
Post #4

Member No.: 21,551

Working for a bus company (as my name suggests) my car was being used in connection with the company operating the bus service. It had to stop at the bus stop for a very short time to deal with operational matters with roadside controllers

Enigmatic.. c'mon, let's have the details up front. If you mislead us, even unintentionally, then how could we help?

Are you employed by the bus company or contracted to? What were your precise duties at the time?

What necessitated you parking there?

Of course there are exemptions if you're carrying out repairs, repainting, cleaning but not if you were visiting an adjacent office.

Let's have the full story, warts and all pl.

+Quote Post
roythebus
post Fri, 17 Jul 2020 - 20:09
Post #5

Employed by the bus company, my duties for the day, late shift 1400-0200, spare driver/relief controller for LUL (underground) replacement service, a TfL contracted service, it's a local bus service. The bus stops are managed by TfL.

I had to go from the bus stand about half a mile away to the main stop in Barking to take another driver there to show him the route from the stand to the main pick-up and to take information and equipment to the service controller at the bus stop. The car had a rail replacement service label clearly displayed in the front windscreen. The car was only stopped for a very short period for the relief driver to get out of the car to wait for his bus to turn up and for me to pass information to the service controller at the bus stop. Some of that information was to be placed on the bus stop.

This service has been running for the last 4 weekends and is set to continue until the end of August.

I'm well aware of the problems of unauthorised stopping on bus stops.

From what I can see on TSRGD sch.19, Part 1 the applicable exeptions for stopping on a bus stop are covered in paras. 4f and 5d.

Edited to add we don't have an office anywhere near that location, the "office" is either the spare driver's car, the bus shelter, or a spare bus half a mile away at the bus stand in St.James Road Barking.

This post has been edited by roythebus: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 - 20:11

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Fri, 17 Jul 2020 - 21:21
Post #6

Think you have more chance with this one than your Hull one but we need docs photos and/or video

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
roythebus
post Fri, 17 Jul 2020 - 21:23
Post #7

I didn't have the Hull one, only ever been there twice and that was a long time ago! Can someone remind me how to get the docs on here, I can't remember what site I used to host them.

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Fri, 17 Jul 2020 - 21:24
Post #8

Put pics on https://imgbb.com or such like as space on forum is limited.

Put videos on Youtube, Vimeo or such like - if you have trouble PM me the details.

+Quote Post
roythebus
post Fri, 17 Jul 2020 - 22:08
Post #9

Thanks, will have to try that in the morning, there's no video that I know of, just 2 fuzzy images on the PCN.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sun, 19 Jul 2020 - 16:44
Post #10

Member No.: 42,618

If it's a TFL PCN, you'll need to call TFL and ask for the video. They will send you a DVD in the post and put the penalty on hold while you wait.

Also, is this a company vehicle or your personal car?

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Sun, 19 Jul 2020 - 16:50
Post #11

It's a B&D PCN.

If you PM me the details I'll check for the video.

+Quote Post
roythebus
post Wed, 22 Jul 2020 - 21:18
Post #12

Sorry about the delay in posting the PCN etc., it's been a busy week. I'll try to remember to do that tomorrow.

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Thu, 23 Jul 2020 - 07:54
Post #13

QUOTE (roythebus @ Fri, 17 Jul 2020 - 22:23) *
I didn't have the Hull one, only ever been there twice and that was a long time ago! Can someone remind me how to get the docs on here, I can't remember what site I used to host them.

Mixing you up with spanner365 sorry

--------------------

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Thu, 23 Jul 2020 - 21:40
Post #14

QUOTE (roythebus @ Wed, 22 Jul 2020 - 22:18) *
Sorry about the delay in posting the PCN etc., it's been a busy week. I'll try to remember to do that tomorrow.

Send the PCN details to me or stamfordman and we'll pull the video for you.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
roythebus
post Wed, 29 Jul 2020 - 13:38
Post #15

Sorry about the delay, had to go abroad for a few days. I think I've uploaded the documents to imgur, here's the link:

https://imgur.com/a/u1ReI1X

Hope it works.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Wed, 29 Jul 2020 - 13:44
Post #16

Send the PCN details to me or stamfordman and we'll pull the video for you, we need to see it.

--------------------
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Wed, 29 Jul 2020 - 13:56
Post #17

To answer your flame pit question, yes it's worth trying.

--------------------
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
roythebus
post Thu, 30 Jul 2020 - 11:27
Post #18

The PCN details are on the Imgur link above, 4 pages of it. The link seems to work for me so hopefully will for others.

https://imgur.com/a/u1ReI1X

The last page is the PCN which has 2 rather blurry photos of what appears to be my car on it.

This is postal PCN, nothing stuck to the car. Us bus staff have a good working relationship with the "civil enforcement officers" in the area with limited staff car parking on our temporay bus stand about half a mile away is a large suspended parking bay.

Thanks for your help.

This post has been edited by roythebus: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 - 11:31

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Thu, 30 Jul 2020 - 13:09
Post #19

QUOTE (roythebus @ Thu, 30 Jul 2020 - 12:27) *
The PCN details are on the Imgur link above, 4 pages of it. The link seems to work for me so hopefully will for others.

To get the video we need the PCN number and the number plate, hence we ask for it to be sent by private message.

This post has been edited by cp8759: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 - 13:10

--------------------
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
roythebus
post Thu, 30 Jul 2020 - 20:44
Post #20

Ah, sorry didn't realise that. I'm abroad for a few days, I hope to be able to send that to you on Saturday or Sunday, thanks.

Edit, i've just realised i've got it scanned to this PC, just got to work out how to send it by PM.

This post has been edited by roythebus: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 - 20:46

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 6th August 2020 - 16:44
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.