Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 tickets-Yellow line one delivering to family self isolating, New thread
MALLIES
post Fri, 26 Jun 2020 - 14:30
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 106,057

Hi,

This is the 2nd PCN, a yellow line one my son got when delivering to someone in self isolatio. Will submit challenge over the weekend when he gets supporting statement from the person he was delivering to. When he parked there were no spaces in p&d bay next to the yellow line.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 15)
Advertisement
post Fri, 26 Jun 2020 - 14:30
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
stamfordman
post Fri, 26 Jun 2020 - 14:39
Post #2

Member No.: 59,924

So the observation time is 5 mins and I presume the delivery was near. What was going on?

This is the draft I did but it needs more.

-----------

Dear parking,

I am challenging PCN xxxxx on the grounds that I was engaging in exempt activity, namely unloading essential supplies to a family who were self-isolating during the Covid-19 crisis.

I carried out the delivery as quickly as possible and returned to my car but had been issued with the PCN.

I trust you will appreciate that many such people have been depending on deliveries during the crisis and look forward to your cancellation of this PCN.

This post has been edited by stamfordman: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 - 14:41

+Quote Post
hcandersen
post Sat, 27 Jun 2020 - 07:26
Post #3

Member No.: 21,551

OP, as you say, this is the second thread which suggests there is more to this than we're seeing. To paraphrase Oscar Wilde, to be issued with one PCN while delivering to people who are 'self-isolating' might be regarded as a misfortune, to be issued with two looks like carelessness...or something else...

Is your son engaged in a commercial activity, whether paid or as volunteer, or altruistic and working on his own account?

Pl don't think that the true answer worsens or improves the situation - I've deliberately not said that if A then it's good and if B then bad because OP's often rewrite history when questions are phrased in this manner!

+Quote Post
spaceman
post Sat, 27 Jun 2020 - 11:42
Post #4

Member No.: 11,319

QUOTE (stamfordman @ Fri, 26 Jun 2020 - 15:39) *
I carried out the delivery as quickly as possible

This post has been edited by spaceman: Sat, 27 Jun 2020 - 11:43

+Quote Post
hcandersen
post Sat, 27 Jun 2020 - 11:50
Post #5

Member No.: 21,551

I don't understand why the Covid 'card' is being played: a delivery is a delivery is a delivery!

But IMO don't send the challenge until we get the full picture.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sat, 27 Jun 2020 - 12:16
Post #6

Member No.: 42,618

QUOTE (hcandersen @ Sat, 27 Jun 2020 - 12:50) *
I don't understand why the Covid 'card' is being played: a delivery is a delivery is a delivery!

But IMO don't send the challenge until we get the full picture.

+1, as far as the loading exemption goes, COVID is neither here nor there.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Sat, 27 Jun 2020 - 12:52
Post #7

I see no reason not to add the purpose of the delivery in claiming the exemption. It can't do any harm and may do some good.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sat, 27 Jun 2020 - 12:56
Post #8

QUOTE (stamfordman @ Sat, 27 Jun 2020 - 13:52) *
I see no reason not to add the purpose of the delivery in claiming the exemption. It can't do any harm and may do some good.

Sure, but it's just background information.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Sat, 27 Jun 2020 - 13:01
Post #9

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Sat, 27 Jun 2020 - 13:56) *
QUOTE (stamfordman @ Sat, 27 Jun 2020 - 13:52) *

Sure, but it's just background information.

No one has said it isn't. The claim is the exemption. The nature of the delivery added. I'm anticipating though that the son took a bit longer than needed, in which case the context may be important for a discretionary element.

This post has been edited by stamfordman: Sat, 27 Jun 2020 - 13:02

+Quote Post
MALLIES
post Mon, 29 Jun 2020 - 12:07
Post #10

Hi,

Sorry for late response, but been busy with work. Just to clarify, my son was delivering because he's a long time, trusted family friend and with the mum of the family being an older disabled, vulnerable person, the family were only comfortable with my son coming near their home. The deliveries only took a matter of minutes each time, this was because my son was explaining that he had to substitute a few items etc. Had it not been for the Covid situation they would not have needed my son to deliver to them. The yellow line he parked on is adjacent to the house he was delivering to, there was nowhere else to park as the p&d bay was full when he arrived.

Thanks.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Tue, 30 Jun 2020 - 08:42
Post #11

OK, so write a draft representation based on the loading exemption and post it up on here for review.

--------------------
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
MALLIES
post Tue, 30 Jun 2020 - 16:57
Post #12

Any good or too much waffle?

I am challenging this PCN on the grounds of mitigating circumstances, those being that I was engaging in an exempt activity, namely unloading essential supplies to a family who were self-isolating during the Covid-19 crisis.

I carried out the delivery as quickly as possible and returned to my car, but had been issued with the PCN. I was delivering food, medical supplies and other essential items to a family who were following Government rules. I had no option but to park on the single yellow line which was adjacent to the house i was delivering the goods to as the pay and display bay was full. The delivery only took a matter of minutes and I was held up briefly as i had to explain to the mother of the family (who is disabled and vulnerable) that there was an issue with availability of some of the items needed.

I trust you will appreciate that many such people have been depending on deliveries during the crisis and would therefore ask that Brent be empathetic and show understanding and leniency on this occasion by cancelling this PCN as this was not in any way a deliberate flouting of parking regulations.

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Tue, 30 Jun 2020 - 18:46
Post #13

Edited. It's not mitigation but an exemption you are claiming. Did your son see the CEO if the car was right by the house?

--------

I am challenging this PCN on the grounds that I was engaging in an exempt activity, namely unloading essential supplies to a family who were self-isolating during the Covid-19 crisis.

I carried out the delivery as quickly as possible and returned to my car, but had been issued with the PCN. I was delivering food, medical supplies and other essential items to a family who were following Government rules.The delivery only took a matter of minutes and I was held up briefly as I had to explain to the mother of the family (who is disabled and vulnerable) that there was an issue with availability of some of the items needed.

I trust you will accept that was an exemption to the contravention and look forward to your early cancellation.

This post has been edited by stamfordman: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 - 21:21

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Tue, 30 Jun 2020 - 19:18
Post #14

Send stamfordman's draft.

--------------------
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
rosturra
post Tue, 30 Jun 2020 - 19:40
Post #15

Member No.: 93,086

Minor question, but is this line relevant?

' I had no option but to park on the single yellow line which was adjacent to the house I was delivering the goods to as the pay and display bay was full.'

Does it matter where else he might have parked?

IMO The apologetic tone is unnecessary as OP was lawfully parked on a YL carrying out an exempt activity

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Tue, 30 Jun 2020 - 21:20
Post #16

QUOTE (rosturra @ Tue, 30 Jun 2020 - 20:40) *
Minor question, but is this line relevant?

' I had no option but to park on the single yellow line which was adjacent to the house I was delivering the goods to as the pay and display bay was full.'

Does it matter where else he might have parked?

IMO The apologetic tone is unnecessary as OP was lawfully parked on a YL carrying out an exempt activity

Yes you are right. I did take out the P&D ref in any case. I will take this out to.

The explanation of loading and time taken for the exemption stands as it needs to be justified.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 14th July 2020 - 12:30
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.