Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Parking Ticket during lockdown.
Parkent20
post Thu, 21 May 2020 - 11:37
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 108,730

Hello,
I hope everyone’s well, both physically and mentally during these trying times. I have read the Newbies post and was kindly helped a while back with a private ticket. This one is a council ticket however, I have listed the details below. Any links to similar cases or advise would be much appreciated as I sweat in my stuffy office throughout the day. I have left out the particulars out as suggested in the newbies section.
Ticket was issued By The royal borough of Kensington and Chelsea towards the end of last month. I have until roughly to the end of his month to pay or a make a formal representation. It was issued after lockdown, and was served by a civil enforcement officer. I’ve checked the pictures online and there’s a picture of the ticket on the car, however there was no ticket on the car itself. Unsure if this is common or relevant. The ticket is or £80
Details surrounding the ticket are quite simple, I was unable to pay by phone as the system was down. As it regularly is. I was on my way to pick up food for my aunt then take her to a hospital appointment.

Again any Help would be received warmly.

Regards Distressed Parker
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Advertisement
post Thu, 21 May 2020 - 11:37
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
stamfordman
post Thu, 21 May 2020 - 12:25
Post #2

Member No.: 59,924

Do you have any evidence of system being down.

Post the NTO. You can at least ask for the £40 discount of no PCN on car.

Put pics on https://imgbb.com or such like as space on forum is limited.

+Quote Post
Parkent20
post Thu, 21 May 2020 - 14:08
Post #3

Member No.: 108,730

Thank You. I have called them and they’ve advised me to write to them explaining that. I wasn’t aware he original ticket was less. 🙏

+Quote Post
hcandersen
post Sat, 23 May 2020 - 09:15
Post #4

Member No.: 21,551

On *** I parked in a pay and display/shared use parking place in **** (road location). Here's a GSV and the parking place was situated ****;

I was required to pay and display/pay online using ***PBP e.g. RingGo etc. for location ****;

I did not pay the parking charge;

I left my car;

On my return I did not find a PCN;

I am/am not the registered keeper and the first I knew of the PCN was when I received a NTO in my name dated ***, and here it is;

Would do for a start.

No editorial please e.g. shopping for aunt or '..the system was down. As it regularly is' etc. If it's needed, we could get to it later.

+Quote Post
phantomcrusader
post Sun, 24 May 2020 - 01:04
Post #5

Member No.: 22,840

You should also direct the council to the Covid 19 guidance they were issued with on 06/04/2020 by London Councils, the BPA and the Local Govt Association

"Enforcement
We advise that the majority of enforcement activity, and especially that relating to lower level contraventions, should cease during the lock down period. Authorities may need to continue to deploy their front line teams in some capacity to focus on priority areas and controls. Enforcement officers should be focused on providing help and advice about where people can and can’t park and encouraging the drivers of poorly parked vehicles to move where possible rather than issuing PCN's."

This post has been edited by phantomcrusader: Sun, 24 May 2020 - 01:08
Attached File(s)

+Quote Post
hcandersen
post Sun, 24 May 2020 - 08:45
Post #6

Member No.: 21,551

Which is only advisory and contingent upon the facts of the case which at present are in very short supply.

Over to you, OP.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 2nd June 2020 - 01:41
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.