PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Just received a NIP for a fine back in May 2019 - £558 to pay!
bish5477
post Thu, 26 Mar 2020 - 16:16
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 108,350

My uncle borrowed our vehicle on 16th May and visited London.
He strayed onto Buckingham Palace Road and received a ULEZ fine.
This was despatched to my old address on the 22nd May i believe, which we did not receive as we'd moved addresses prior to that
I received my updated V5 on the 7th of July but did not receive any further notices regarding this matter until today.
Looking at the history on the TFL website, some paperwork should have been issue after that date and we should have received something that would have allowed us to stop this fine getting out of hand!
Currently it stands at £558 and is with debt collectors
Surely we can get this back to a point where we can make the payment, as they failed to check for an updated address before issuing further notices

Attached is the Scan of NIP and also the timeline of events according to the TFL:

Status history
11 December 2019
On Hold: SUS20 - Enquiry Received (12/12/2019)

11 December 2019
On Hold: CORRES RECEIVED PRIOR TO WARRANT (05/09/2022)

14 October 2019
Exported to Enforcement Agent(Equita Limited)

14 October 2019
Warrant Request Accepted
A request to issue a warrant has been accepted by the Traffic Enforcement Centre. TfL can now instruct a Bailiff agent to recover any outstanding debt.

18 September 2019
On Hold: CORRES RECEIVED PRIOR TO WARRANT (13/06/2022)

27 August 2019
Notice of Debt Registration Issued
A debt has been registered and an Order for Recovery has been issued.

27 August 2019
Debt Registration Accepted
The PCN has progressed and TfL has received authority to register a debt against this vehicle.

16 July 2019
Charge Certificate Batched

22 May 2019
PCN Batched

This post has been edited by bish5477: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 - 16:18
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Advertisement
post Thu, 26 Mar 2020 - 16:16
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Incandescent
post Thu, 26 Mar 2020 - 16:33
Post #2

Member No.: 54,455

There is no obligation on them to check address once it has been supplied by DVLA. You are not the first to be caught out by being a bit tardy in sending off your V5 for address update. So exactly when did you send off the V5 for update ? The only possible escape route now is to submit an Out-of-Time Statutory Declaration that the PCN was not received, and explain the circumstances. Unfortunately, OOT declarations are disputable, so TfL will inevitably object to your OOT stating they sent everything to the DVLA address, following which it will be rejected by the TEC court officer. YOu can request a review at a cost of £100, or an interview with a County Court judge, at a much higher cost of £255. There is no guarantee a review will succeed, but is much more likely if the V5 was in course of update on or around the time the PCN was issued.

So tell us more about when you updated your V5.

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Thu, 26 Mar 2020 - 16:34
Post #3

Member No.: 59,924

When did you move.

+Quote Post
bish5477
post Fri, 27 Mar 2020 - 07:28
Post #4

Member No.: 108,350

I'll be honest here to avoid wasting anyones time
we move in 05/18, a year before the "offence".
We changed our driving license shortly after the move but not the V5
I was reminded of the need to update our V5 by the insurers on the next renawal cycle.

If they can dispute this, and things get touchy because i did not change my V5 for a year, then i dont see that i've many options.
I'm obviously not disputing the charge, i'll pay it, its just the extra costs incurred due to the 12 month delay in processing
If i paid for the review, would it get back to the pooint where i pay the £130 or whatever it was, or later on when it incurred fees.
i.e. which might result in the lower fine?

What hurts more is that my uncle borrowed the car and i cant drop this on him after a year delay!

This post has been edited by bish5477: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 - 07:33

+Quote Post
Incandescent
post Fri, 27 Mar 2020 - 09:16
Post #5

Member No.: 54,455

Oh dear, yet another OP who updates the driver licence but not the V5. At the moment I can't see any way out of your predicament. English civil law can be extremely harsh as you have found out.

However there may be an angle so try contacting: -

www.bailiffadviceonline.co.uk

Sheila here knows all the angles that might get a result. Its this, or cough-up.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Sunday, 29th March 2020 - 09:18
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.