Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Garstang Rd, Preston Bus Gate PCN
SpottyDog88
post Sun, 10 Nov 2019 - 23:24
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 106,529

Hi all,
First time posting on this forum so go easy on me.
Was away with the kids on half term holidays, not normally in this area but ended up in a 'Bus Gate'.
Personally, I had never heard of one but surprise, surprise a few days later a PCN arrived through my door.
Any help with appeal this would be great.

Dont understand why they don't call it a bus lane, it is very confusing.
I have found a picture from a few years ago where it did have 'Buses only' painted on the floor but they appear to have changed it.
See link below with PCN images and google street map link.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nx5m3pebob4cc1d/...UzKl3I8Ifa?dl=0

https://goo.gl/maps/DDZGX5Sgf4krmpax6

Thanks in advance for your help.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Advertisement
post Sun, 10 Nov 2019 - 23:24
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Sun, 10 Nov 2019 - 23:46
Post #2

Member No.: 74,048

Signs were clear in April and are the same in the photos. The PCN is OK the discount is likely your best option here

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
SpottyDog88
post Yesterday, 20:57
Post #3

Member No.: 106,529

QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Sun, 10 Nov 2019 - 23:46) *
Signs were clear in April and are the same in the photos. The PCN is OK the discount is likely your best option here

But surely the wording 'BUS GATE'. I have been driving 13 years and have never heard that term used, and from what I have read, it is not in the highway code, how are drivers meant to know what it is?
They have previously used 'BUS ONLY' marked on the road, why changing it to confuse drivers?
The signage says 'BUS LANE', but then 'BUS GATE' on the floor.
Also the direction signage:
[/indent]- Doesn't it have to be lit?
- I have a feeling their was a bus or truck giving way in the side road and thus obstructing the signage, would it not be easier to have it in front the of the [indent]
side road.

Thank you so much for your help.
I was tempted to pay the £30 to save the agro but just feel like it is there to confuse drivers, 'BUS LANE' is a known term, why change it?

Regards.
Stephen

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Yesterday, 21:43
Post #4

Member No.: 42,618

I'm afraid the High Court in Oxfordshire County Council, R (on the application of) v The Bus Lane Adjudicator [2010] EWHC 894 (Admin) https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Admin/2010/894.html was perfectly happy with the term bus gate, so this is a non-starter.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Yesterday, 21:49
Post #5

Member No.: 74,048

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Mon, 11 Nov 2019 - 21:43) *
I'm afraid the High Court in Oxfordshire County Council, R (on the application of) v The Bus Lane Adjudicator [2010] EWHC 894 (Admin) https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Admin/2010/894.html was perfectly happy with the term bus gate, so this is a non-starter.

The signs don't say anything, they are pictorial and both the sign and road legend are defined in the regulations and are correct. We don't advise paying if there is a reasonable shot at winning an appeal

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 12th November 2019 - 10:27
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.