PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

50R-Performing a prohibited turn-no right turn (Enfield)
Mike4Justice
post Sat, 9 Nov 2019 - 11:04
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 106,520

Hi there!

Wanting some advice on what grounds I have to appeal for incorrectly doing a no right turn and then receiving a PCN. The council decided to close off a carriage way path, only to then to stick a no right turn sign + CCTV on another road that is the only easy path to get to the same destination - this road has always been open for right turns so caught me and many unsuspecting drivers off guard - council clearly looking to fill their pockets. I have attached the front and back of the PCN including an image of the sign post. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Advertisement
post Sat, 9 Nov 2019 - 11:04
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
cp8759
post Sat, 9 Nov 2019 - 11:14
Post #2

Member No.: 42,618

I've asked for this to be moved to the council section, as it's not a criminal matter. In the meantime, post up the video, and tell us the time of the alleged contravention.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
Mike4Justice
post Sat, 9 Nov 2019 - 13:15
Post #3

Hi CP, not sure how to add a video so have posted up a still from the video.

Thanks,

M4J.

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Sat, 9 Nov 2019 - 13:30
Post #4

Member No.: 59,924

Put videos on Youtube, Vimeo or such like.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sat, 9 Nov 2019 - 21:07
Post #5

Member No.: 42,618

QUOTE (stamfordman @ Sat, 9 Nov 2019 - 13:30) *
Put videos on Youtube, Vimeo or such like.

+1, we need to see the video. I've asked a mod to split out Viz57's posts into a new thread or this will become unmanageable.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
Mike4Justice
post Sun, 10 Nov 2019 - 12:42
Post #6

Thanks Viz57 but I managed to upload to youtube instead smile.gif

@cp8759 you can view the video here: https://youtu.be/v4NECXAUEmA

Any advice will be appreciated for myself, Viz and other motorists being squeezed out of money by this contravention.

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Sun, 10 Nov 2019 - 15:18
Post #7

Member No.: 74,048

The number of cars turning right suggest something wrong with the signs. Put them to proof to what is there

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
Viz57
post Sun, 10 Nov 2019 - 22:28
Post #8

Member No.: 106,550

Thanks for your input CP. I am not starting a new "case". I am contributing my experience and discussion on Mike4Justice's case and adding my vote that I too am interested in whatever advise is given. I could as well have just been a reader but I thought it would help the case to add that I've been affected by the same allegation, the footage I've been given and that I too do not remember there being any signs at the location. I guess when making representations, the more drivers to testify a fault, the more effective it would be. Could you argue otherwise and do you have any actual advise?

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Sun, 10 Nov 2019 - 22:56
Post #9

Member No.: 74,048

Also make a point that the council are required to confirm that it is one of their staff directly employed and paid directly by the council that considers and responds to the representations.

The forum here has a one case one thread policy for good reason. No two cases are exactly alike, dates times and conditions are vital to the arguments we might suggest and advise we give to one person might not be the same for another in only slightly different circumstances.

Any advise I give will relate only to the OP and if anyone else wants to take it as applying to their own circumstances then it is their choice

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 12th November 2019 - 10:27
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.