Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

TFL think I have a BMW GTD!, PCN for Dart Crossing received
VW_GTD1
post Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 11:06
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 106,138

Hi All...

I've received 2 PCNs for failing to pay the dart charge on time (crossed twice on the same day).

I don't deny failing to pay.

The cameras have captured the correct registration and the photo shows the correct car (VW Golf GTD).

However, on both letters they have stated that the car is a BMW GTD.

Could i appeal on the basis that i don't own a BMW GTD?

Thanks in advance for the responses :-)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
Advertisement
post Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 11:06
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Incandescent
post Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 11:19
Post #2

Member No.: 54,455

Please post one of the PCNs.

Note that make of car is not a mandatory item on the PCN and if its incorrect would lose an appeal at adjudication. Any reason for non-payment, and is this a first contravention ? The DART people are quite forgiving of people who fail to pay the first time, but then will crack down on regular defaulters. If you're going to cross regularly, then I suggest opening an auto-pay/auto top-up account.

Edit
I have asked for this thread to be moved to the decriminalised PCNs section.

This post has been edited by Incandescent: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 11:21

+Quote Post
blackcross
post Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 11:25
Post #3

Member No.: 104,487

You can make an online representation and later progress to an Adjudicator, but I don’t give much for your prospect of success.

They have identified the correct registration mark under Reg 3, which does not require them to deal with make and model, so the PCN seems to comply:
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/17...gulation/7/made

As the plate is yours the only relevant ground on which you could succeed would appear to be proof of payment, which of course you don’t have.

+Quote Post
Neil B
post Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 14:21
Post #4

Member No.: 16,671

QUOTE (blackcross @ Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 12:25) *
You can make an online representation and later progress to an Adjudicator, but I don’t give much for your prospect of success.

I hope he reads the preceding post because that's not our experience of dart.

--------------------
QUOTE (DancingDad @ Fri, 11 May 2018 - 12:30) *
Neil is good at working backwards.

+Quote Post
DastardlyDick
post Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 14:40
Post #5

Member No.: 54,871

As others have said, all TfL need is the correct Reg. No. - which presumably they do, since you got the PCN - and you've admitted not paying, the only solution I can see is to pay up.
Just in case there's a flaw in the wording of the PCNs, please post up one of them so we can check.

+Quote Post
Neil B
post Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 14:57
Post #6

Member No.: 16,671

QUOTE (DastardlyDick @ Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 15:40) *
As others have said, all TfL need is the correct Reg. No. - which presumably they do, since you got the PCN - and you've admitted not paying, the only solution I can see is to pay up.

And, again, I refer to Incandescent's post #2.
QUOTE (Incandescent @ Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 12:19) *
The DART people are quite forgiving of people who fail to pay the first time, but then will crack down on regular defaulters.

Why would anyone suggest just paying a penalty.

and nothing to do with TfL btw.

Unlike money grabbing councils we see, Dart just want to encourage compliance.

So, is it a first contravention?
Why did you not pay the toll?

--------------------
QUOTE (DancingDad @ Fri, 11 May 2018 - 12:30) *
Neil is good at working backwards.

+Quote Post
John U.K.
post Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 14:59
Post #7

Member No.: 70,515

QUOTE (DastardlyDick @ Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 14:40) *
Just in case there's a flaw in the wording of the PCNs, please post up one of them so we can check.

If it's Dart Crossing, PCN cannot be from TfL - the OP's headline is misleading.
Contrariwise, if the PCN is from TfL, it cannot be for crossing the Dartford Bridge..
As has been pointed ouit, Dart Crossing are very reasonable to deal with, especiaally for first offence.

This post has been edited by John U.K.: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 15:00

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 15:17
Post #8

Member No.: 49,223

What make is listed on the v5?

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Lodesman
post Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 17:02
Post #9

Member No.: 22,623

Always found DART easy to deal with. I have an account with six cars (self and family) with three personalised plates. When these are reassigned it always takes a while for the DART system to catch up with the car change. I’ve spoken to them and each time they say that there’re only interested in the Reg.no. and not to worry.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 17:47
Post #10

Member No.: 42,618

Is it your first contravention? If so, the first PCN should have come with a cover letter saying that if you pay the £2.50, you don't have to pay the penalty. Please confirm whether this covering letter was enclosed with the first PCN.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Monday, 21st October 2019 - 18:59
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.