PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Cambridge Penalty CN Resident parking street park with single yellow..., is it obvious that single yellow rule over powers when they are tandem
Shimucchi
post Fri, 11 Oct 2019 - 18:02
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 106,129

Nice to e-meet you all !

I would like some advice before paying up this penalty charge notice...

i was visiting central cambridge and had a visitor permit to park on street resident parking space.
TL DR-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was parked in a resident parking area which also had a single yellow line, the times are as seen in the attached picture.
I had a visitor permit which allows me to park in these while lines.
I got a ticket at 9:45AM on Friday (today)
And yes, the visitor permit was used correctly to cover me for the day. I got a PCN for parking on single yellow.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The street has marked areas in white for resident parking with a enforcement time on pole.
Whats also there is a single yellow on the same spaces.

It wasnt obvious to me that the yellow single line is enforcable even though you have a resident (visitor permit) for the designated area.

And there are no warnings that the single yellow enforcement surpasses the resident parking rules.

please see pictures for some details, and please let me know if there are any missing information.

https://postimg.cc/WdwyDQR4 <<posting as a link as its a bigger picture. but what i want to show is the presence of single yellow line within the resident parking areas...
My question is, is an arrangement like this obvious that the single yellow rules overpowers the rules of the resident permit even though both times are clearly labeled at the same time??

many thanks for your inputs in advance!

This post has been edited by Shimucchi: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 - 18:05
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Advertisement
post Fri, 11 Oct 2019 - 18:02
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Incandescent
post Fri, 11 Oct 2019 - 18:33
Post #2

Member No.: 54,455

It is clear from your post that you did not understand what the sign was saying. The upper, (yellow) sign with the No Waiting symbol is for the single yellow line stating that it applies Mon-Sat 9.00 am to 5.00 pm. Then on the lower, (white) sign, only permit holders may park Mon-Sat 5.00pm until 8.00 pm. There are then no restrictions for the yellow line between 8.00 pm up to 9.00 am.

On Sunday the yellow line does not apply, but parking is restricted to permit holders only from 9.00 am to 8.00 pm.

So your PCN was correctly issued. Permits do NOT over-ride yellow line restrictions, sorry !

+Quote Post
Shimucchi
post Fri, 11 Oct 2019 - 18:41
Post #3

Member No.: 106,129

Hi,

this is embaressing, i just saw that its 5PM to 8PM *facepalm*

thanks for your comment anyway!!

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 11:15
Post #4

Member No.: 42,618

Show us the PCN, Cambridge PCNs have a flaw that could make them invalid. We need to see both sides, including the small print on the back.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Monday, 21st October 2019 - 19:05
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.