PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Time limits on prosecutions
howlongdoyouwait...
post Mon, 31 Jul 2006 - 16:23
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,910

I hope someone can offer me some advice. I received a conditional offer of fixed penalty on 20th March 2006, related to a speeding offence on the 18th February 2006. As i already had 9 points on my licence I followed the instructions on the letter which told me to do nothing and that arrangements would be made for the matter to proceed to court. I have heard nothing since. It is now six months since the offence - how much longer should I expect to wait before I hear anything. Is there any chance that after a certain period of time the police are not able to proceed with the prosecution. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Advertisement
post Mon, 31 Jul 2006 - 16:23
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Fedup
post Mon, 31 Jul 2006 - 16:27
Post #2

Member No.: 5,455

Call the mag. court nearest to the offence location and see if any information has been laid in your name. This must happen within six months but the serving of the summons can take longer.

+Quote Post
crystal
post Mon, 31 Jul 2006 - 16:50
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 4,437

Hi,

do not call them too soon as it may alert them. My maths mean 6 months from the 18th Feb is 18th august so you have 18 days to go. I can take a couple of weeks to get from the court to you so I would not call to check until the send of september

Regards
Crystal

+Quote Post
cjm99
post Mon, 31 Jul 2006 - 16:52
Post #4

Member No.: 675

They have until the 18 August to lay an information. So do not call anybody. If there is a chance of it slipping through then why risk awakening them?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Saturday, 26th September 2020 - 14:49
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.