Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Equita and leaving the country!
CookieMuffin
post Fri, 14 Jun 2019 - 17:45
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 104,304

Hi,

Last year I received a PCN for parking my car incorrectly. I never received a letter from the council that issued the fine & couple months later I get a letter from Equita. Few weeks later they’re asking for £513 and have sent a removal notice. All those letters came to my old address and the landlord only just gave them to me. I changed my V5 address only few days ago so it should be updated in the next 2 weeks. The next letter Equita will send will probably come to my new address.

I wanted to send a statutory declaration out of time letter (PE2 form) to put the bailiffs actions on hold and see if I can pay the PCN normally, explaining my situation. Unfortunately this needs to be sworn and signed in a court before sending it.

I’m leaving tomorrow morning and didn’t manage to go to court to get it signed. I will be back in the UK in 3 months. Can the bailiff come and take my car? I was thinking about putting a car cover on my car and taking the registration plates off. There is a small parking for residents behind my house and there are usually up to 7 cars parked everyday. Would it be safe to leave my car parked there, with no plates and fully covered? And the most important question - Will it be okay if I send the PE2 form in 3 months? Any advise will be very appreciated in regards to this whole situation. Thank you.

This post has been edited by CookieMuffin: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 - 17:47
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Advertisement
post Fri, 14 Jun 2019 - 17:45
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
stamfordman
post Fri, 14 Jun 2019 - 18:12
Post #2

Member No.: 59,924

It's your fault for not updating your V5C so an out of time attempt is likely to fail no matter when you do it. You are right that bailiffs are good at finding people. They will take the car if they can. How much is it worth?

+Quote Post
CookieMuffin
post Fri, 14 Jun 2019 - 18:33
Post #3

QUOTE (stamfordman @ Fri, 14 Jun 2019 - 19:12) *
It's your fault for not updating your V5C so an out of time attempt is likely to fail no matter when you do it. You are right that bailiffs are good at finding people. They will take the car if they can. How much is it worth?

It's worth about £4000 now. I parked it in a way that prevents towing, but they can clamp it instead. I took the plates off and the VIN number is invisible. Is there any way they can identify my car?

+Quote Post
Incandescent
post Fri, 14 Jun 2019 - 18:37
Post #4

Member No.: 54,455

OP, you are the architect of your own misfortune in not updating your V5 promptly, and whilst you're in foreign parts, the bailiffs will not rest their legs. Their livelihood depends on them being diligent, so when you get back the amount you owe is either likely to be considerably increased, or your car will have been taken to pay the debt.

In terms of whether you can submit an OOT now or in 3 months time, it is all out of time so the timescale is irrelevant, we have seen worse than yours on this forum. However, do be aware that things will chunter on in your absence. Any OOT can be opposed by the council that issued the original PCN, and usually is. TEC will then refuse your OOT and the bailiffs can then re-commence their duties. Whilst you are away, they will not stop their activities.

Frankly, you are not in a good situation, I'm afraid.

This post has been edited by Incandescent: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 - 18:42

+Quote Post
CookieMuffin
post Fri, 14 Jun 2019 - 19:16
Post #5

QUOTE (Incandescent @ Fri, 14 Jun 2019 - 19:37) *
OP, you are the architect of your own misfortune in not updating your V5 promptly, and whilst you're in foreign parts, the bailiffs will not rest their legs. Their livelihood depends on them being diligent, so when you get back the amount you owe is either likely to be considerably increased, or your car will have been taken to pay the debt.

In terms of whether you can submit an OOT now or in 3 months time, it is all out of time so the timescale is irrelevant, we have seen worse than yours on this forum. However, do be aware that things will chunter on in your absence. Any OOT can be opposed by the council that issued the original PCN, and usually is. TEC will then refuse your OOT and the bailiffs can then re-commence their duties. Whilst you are away, they will not stop their activities.

Frankly, you are not in a good situation, I'm afraid.

Thank you for your reply.

Should I just call Equita and arrange a payment plan? There is no way they can tow my car because of the way I parked but they can clamp it if they somehow find out it belongs to me (But I dont know how they can possibly do it without VIN and plates visible). What are the consequences of having a car clamped for 2/3 months?

This post has been edited by CookieMuffin: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 - 19:17

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Fri, 14 Jun 2019 - 20:00
Post #6

Member No.: 59,924

Bailiffs can also take other stuff - is there anyone likely to let them into your home. Equita will let you propose a payment plan but may not accept it.

+Quote Post
hcandersen
post Fri, 14 Jun 2019 - 20:44
Post #7

Member No.: 21,551

Your questions are nonsensical.

You owe the debt, I suggest you pay it, which you can do from abroad as well as here.

If you don't, you would find an increased demand when you return.

The car is irrelevant, it has no part in proceedings other than being an easy target. They want money and have the power of a warrant to help them in their cause. They know where you live.

Don't p**s about, it would only end in tears, thousands of them.

By all means try and negotiate with them, but don't play silly b*****s.

This post has been edited by hcandersen: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 - 20:45

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Monday, 19th August 2019 - 00:35
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.