PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Full amount to pay PCN now, but their post delayed
helping_hand
post Tue, 4 Jun 2019 - 06:46
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 104,134

I received a PCN on 1st April. I called TFL and requested to post its recorded contravention DVD. They given a ref# and put my ticket on hold for 14 days.

I never received anything, I was away on Easter holidays, forgot this completely. Last weekend I was clearing my draw and found the PCN. I called them straightaway,
they checked their system, 'they posted the cctv dvd but... they apologised and resending another DVD, the ticket is on hold again for 14 days, he said, and given another ref#.

Please correct me here, should the amount not stay same £65 ?
I just checked it online on their website - showing £195

The ticket status history
03 June 2019 On Hold
The PCN has been placed on hold. While it's on hold it will not progress.

03 June 2019 Charge Certificate Batched
N/A

13 April 2019 On Hold

01 April 2019 On Hold

28 March 2019 PCN Batched
N/A

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Advertisement
post Tue, 4 Jun 2019 - 06:46
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
stamfordman
post Tue, 4 Jun 2019 - 07:48
Post #2

Member No.: 59,924

If you haven't been sent the charge certificate then just wait for the DVD and make your reps. If you want to pay then you'll have to call them to sort it out. You could call them to see if they'll reset it anyway.

+Quote Post
Mad Mick V
post Tue, 4 Jun 2019 - 08:16
Post #3

Member No.: 11,355

Take a screenshot of the £195 page. If they have not issued a Charge Certificate this might be enough to win.
Did you ever get the DVD?
Does your vehicle registration certificate (V5) show your current address?
Mick

+Quote Post
helping_hand
post Tue, 4 Jun 2019 - 11:30
Post #4

No, haven't received the DVD yet, neither the charge certificate. I spot it online 'issued'. Having said that, it says the issued date 3rd June - probably in post..

Yes, v5 to my current address, 3+ years same address/vehicle, the PCN received okay so I wouldn't see address issue here.

If the first attempt DVD sent lost in post, surely system shouldn't hibernate for 2 months. Not sure if this argument has a worth though?

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Tue, 4 Jun 2019 - 11:40
Post #5

Member No.: 42,618

Why don't you just call them and get them to confirm the address that the DVD was sent to? TFL's systems are known to garble addresses from time to time.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
hcandersen
post Tue, 4 Jun 2019 - 11:50
Post #6

Member No.: 21,551

If the first attempt DVD sent lost in post, surely system shouldn't hibernate for 2 months. Not sure if this argument has a worth though?

Neither am I!

Who was hibernating in reality...you! As you posted, you completely lost track. Therefore, absent any feedback from you in the meantime the system progressed as it should and issued a CC. Absolutely nothing wrong with the events so far (assuming you receive the CC) except you didn't receive the DVD and didn't tell them for the best part of 2 months.

Please, please, start to document your phone calls. I suggest now that you email them and simply set out the facts and quote the reference numbers and dates. Don't tell them you were away, simply say you didn't know how long despatching the DVD would take and erred too much on TfL's side until your call on *** established that the DVD was not on its way at all.

+Quote Post
helping_hand
post Tue, 4 Jun 2019 - 12:17
Post #7

I have already confirmed the address, when called, they double checked it..

+Quote Post
hcandersen
post Tue, 4 Jun 2019 - 13:55
Post #8

If you want to rely on phone calls, then that's your choice.

It would not be mine, but it's your money.

+Quote Post
helping_hand
post Wed, 5 Jun 2019 - 10:54
Post #9

I am sorry, I have done really wrong here. I have already told them that I was away on holidays and forgot to pay the PCN - as I explained in this forum. I guest I am too late for this. I should quickly submit a representation.

Should I just explained about to reset the amount first, and then to challenge the original PCN?

Please help!

+Quote Post
hcandersen
post Wed, 5 Jun 2019 - 11:56
Post #10

OP, if you would pl just do the following:

1. Do not pay;
2. Confirm your tel call of 3 June in an email and send today. Say that as TfL have agreed to put the matter on hold, you will submit reps which they will see on their online system. Although these would normally be considered as being out of time, you are grateful to TfL for agreeing to put the PCN on hold again - the first time being 1 April at your request, their reference **** refers, the second on the 13th April, apparently initiated internally. Although TfL have promised to supply the DVD, the first one which was requested on 1 April not having been received, you hope they will understand if you submit reps without sight of this because if the second DVD does not arrive the procedural complexities for both you and TfL multiply.
3. Send your reps. If members can assist in very short order, then fine. But I would not leave matters more than a couple of days.

Would be my take.

And to emphasise the point, whether for the future as regards this thread or any other business area: the telephone is the Devil's instrument. Use it sparingly and with care and ALWAYS confirm any outcomes in writing.

This post has been edited by hcandersen: Wed, 5 Jun 2019 - 11:56

+Quote Post
helping_hand
post Wed, 5 Jun 2019 - 12:32
Post #11

Pls I never done this before, is this what I need to email TFL to say;

Dear TfL
To confirm, I called Mr.XXXXX your service agent on 3rd June ref:XXXX, you have agreed to put the matter on hold.

Please note I will submit my representation. Although these would normally be considered as being out of time. I am grateful that you agree to put the PCN on hold again - the first-time being 1 April ref:XXXX. The second on the 13th April, apparently initiated internally. Although TfL have promised to supply the DVD, the first one which was requested on 1 April not having been received.

I hope you will understand I submit my representation without sight of this because if the second DVD does not arrive the procedural complexities for both myself and TfL multiply.

Kind regards
XXXX

+Quote Post
helping_hand
post Wed, 5 Jun 2019 - 14:49
Post #12

I unable to find any Tfl email address, please confirm if I just send them in writing?

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Wed, 5 Jun 2019 - 17:15
Post #13

QUOTE (helping_hand @ Wed, 5 Jun 2019 - 15:49) *
I unable to find any Tfl email address, please confirm if I just send them in writing?

They have a website: https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/challenge-a-pcn

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
helping_hand
post Fri, 28 Jun 2019 - 22:33
Post #14

Late Representation Notice received from TfL today, please advice if I still have any chance?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Fri, 28 Jun 2019 - 23:31
Post #15

Did you send a representation?

--------------------
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
Mad Mick V
post Sat, 29 Jun 2019 - 08:39
Post #16

Member No.: 11,355

Their letter says the outsanding balance is £195 which suggests that a Charge Certificate has been sent. What a dog's breakfast!

If a CC hasn't been sent then we have a "will/may" situation in that a letter stating £195 fetters any discretion TfL have in issuing a CC.

However the last part of the letter suggests a CC has been sent.

Mick

This post has been edited by Mad Mick V: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 - 08:41

+Quote Post
helping_hand
post Sat, 29 Jun 2019 - 09:04
Post #17

Rep was made on 5th Jun (online)

CC (attached), received June 8th (issued date 3rd June)

Late Rep notice received 28/6 (issued date 21st June)

PCN History that I see on their website;

Status history
21 June 2019 On Hold

06 June 2019 Representation submitted Under review
N/A

05 June 2019 Email dispatched to: <myemail>@btinternet.com Subj Representation receipted
N/A

05 June 2019 On Hold

03 June 2019 On Hold

03 June 2019 Charge Certificate Batched
N/A

13 April 2019 On Hold

01 April 2019 On Hold

28 March 2019 PCN Batched
N/A

This post has been edited by helping_hand: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 - 09:05
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
helping_hand
post Sat, 29 Jun 2019 - 09:37
Post #18

>>>>>Representation was made online on 5th June<<<<<<<

I called <Mr.name> your service agent on 3rd June ref:xxxx you have agreed to put the matter on hold.
Although these would normally be considered as being out of time. I am grateful that you agree to put the PCN on hold again - the first-time being the April 1st. The second on the 13th April, spoke to <Msxxx>, apparently initiated internally. Although, TfL have promised to supply the DVD, the first one which was requested on 1 April not having been received.

I hope you will understand I submit my representation without sight of this because if the second DVD does not arrive the procedural complexities for both myself and TfL multiply.

**Representation against PCN
I pulled over my car in this empty space for less than two minutes, avoiding busy road traffic jam - due to my six years old child vomited in the car. My eldest son took the ill child into restaurant’s toilet to clean. I drove off straightaway to find a suitable parking space.

To understand the parking contravention fully and comment challenging PCN accordingly, hence requested cctv footage. TfL have promised to supply the DVD, first one which was requested on 1st April not having been received. Despite calling Tfl, three times April 1st, the day I receive the PCN, second time on the 13th April, apparently initiated internally.
Regret, I have no choice other than to submit my late representation without sight of DVD. Based on the information contained in my challenge, I am sure you will consider cancelling this PCN.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>-------<<<<<<<<<<<<<

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sat, 29 Jun 2019 - 17:05
Post #19

What a mess indeed. Make a subject access request for a recording of the phone call of 3rd June. Do this today as it takes ages to get a SAR back.

--------------------
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
helping_hand
post Sat, 29 Jun 2019 - 19:03
Post #20

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Sat, 29 Jun 2019 - 18:05) *
What a mess indeed. Make a subject access request for a recording of the phone call of 3rd June. Do this today as it takes ages to get a SAR back.

To confirm, the SAR (link below)

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/data-subject-acc...equest-form.pdf

Any thing else pls I should mention other than audio recording

This post has been edited by helping_hand: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 - 19:05

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 12th November 2019 - 10:48
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.