Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Ticket in residential area, Kensington and Chelsea
zee aze
post Sat, 1 Jun 2019 - 19:47
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 73,201

Dear Sir/Madam,

I parked my car on Hollywood Road in the borough of Kensington and Chelsea at 15:15, a ticket was issued to me on the grounds of ‘12U parked in a residents without a valid permit’ at 1531.

I assumed this area was safe to park because there was a pay and display sign right near my car which I promptly did by phoning the number and parked for an hour.

However, according to the warden this is an area which is fully resident until 10pm.

Below are the ticket and the pics which the warden took.

Below are the pics that i took...

This post has been edited by zee aze: Sat, 1 Jun 2019 - 19:49

--------------------
You need to fight like a cornered tiger
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
Advertisement
post Sat, 1 Jun 2019 - 19:47
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Incandescent
post Sat, 1 Jun 2019 - 20:18
Post #2

Member No.: 54,455

Did you not notice the double-dashed lines behind the last car in the bay ? This means different restrictions each side, and where you parked, it was permit holders only for part of the day. YOU always need to check bay markings and signs very carefully especially in London.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sat, 1 Jun 2019 - 23:21
Post #3

Member No.: 42,618

There's a clear case to be made that the PCN wording is duplicitous. As zee aze had actually made payment, this is a clear example of the wording being prejudicious.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
zee aze
post Tue, 11 Jun 2019 - 11:10
Post #4

Hi Guys,

Have drafted up a potential reply that will be sent off soon.

Any advice on it would be great.

----------------

ticket NO:

Dear Sir/Madam,

As per the ticket issued on 01/06/19, I am challenging this ticket for the following reasons.

My car was parked on Hollywood Road where the signage was not clear. I purchased parking as per the sign at the top of Hollywood Road on the junction with Fulham Road where I paid for the hour. However, a ticket was issued stating that I had parked in a residents bay. The pictures taken by the warden, show there were no signs by my car that this was a residential parking area.

The warden took a close up of a sign which shows that this is a residential parking area but when I looked in the area this sign could not be seen. However, the paid parking was clearly sign posted.

Thanks

--------------------

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Tue, 11 Jun 2019 - 11:36
Post #5

Member No.: 59,924

QUOTE (zee aze @ Tue, 11 Jun 2019 - 12:10) *
The warden took a close up of a sign which shows that this is a residential parking area but when I looked in the area this sign could not be seen. However, the paid parking was clearly sign posted.

you need to make it clear that one set of signs, which you relied on, was mounted clearly on a post. The residential sign was low down on railings (although right by your car and you parked with the driver's side right by it...).

I don't think there's much chance here but worth asking to see if they make a mistake.

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Tue, 11 Jun 2019 - 11:42
Post #6

Member No.: 74,048

IMO you can win on the signs an arrow pointing one way for pay and display or by phone and another for car club permits and a hidden residents bay. And +1 to CPs point though not till formal reps

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
zee aze
post Thu, 13 Jun 2019 - 20:21
Post #7

Re: Updated response, would this be ok to send?

------------------------
Dear Sir/Madam,

As per the ticket issued on 01/06/19, I am challenging this ticket for the following reasons.

My car was parked on Hollywood Road where the signage was clearly mounted stating that parking was available at this time between Monday to Saturday 8.30am to 630pm providing I paid the necessary fee which I did, quoting location 88760.

However, a ticket was issued stating that I had parked in a residents bay. The warden took a close up of a sign but when I looked in the area this sign could not be seen clearly. However, the paid parking was clearly signposted along with the car club. (Picture attached)

The contravention on the ticket also states that I have parked in a ‘zone without a valid virtual permit...... or pay and display’ I clearly paid for this ticket (picture attached)

I look forward to your reply.

Many Thanks

--------------------

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Fri, 14 Jun 2019 - 22:05
Post #8

Member No.: 42,618

I think this needs to be a bit simpler and to the point, this is what I would send:

------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam,

As per the penalty charge notice issued on 01/06/19, I am challenging the penalty charge for the following reasons.

My car was parked on Hollywood Road where the signage was clearly mounted stating that parking was available at this time between Monday to Saturday 8.30am to 630pm providing I paid the necessary fee which I did, quoting location 88760.

However, a PCN was issued stating that I had parked in a residents bay, or in a shared used bay, or a zone, without any of a virtual permit, or a physical permit, or a voucher, or a pay and display ticket, or without payment. It is impossible to determine from the PCN exactly what it is that is alleged but in any event I had paid for parking based on the clearly signposted instructions. (Picture attached)

In light of this I ask that the penalty charge be cancelled.

Many Thanks

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Sunday, 16th June 2019 - 01:59
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.