PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN Vague Location
roythebus
post Mon, 25 Jun 2018 - 10:33
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,683

My partner received a PCN from the recently renamed Folkestone & Hythe District Council enforcing parking regulations on behalf of Kent County Council. I posted on here a few months ago the legality of their new PCNs and TROs due to the name change.

However, last week I borrowed her Land Rover Discovery Light Van (built, taxed and insured as a light van) to delivery some light parcels one evening. Parked on DYs for a short period while the parcels were delivered a short distance away as it was the only safe place to sop on the outskirts of Folkestone. Returned to find a PCN on the vehicle, Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours (code 01). No times were seen, so presumably a 24 hour restriction.

However, the street was named, but no place name. Was it "Smith Street" in folkestone, Hythe, New Romney or Timbuktu? Does the failure to provide a place name make the pcn invalid? I've had similar issues when the district council was called Shepway when I found some streets in new Romney were actually listed in the TROs as being in the nearby town of Lydd, some 5 miles away from where my vehicle was parked.

I'm aware there's exemptions for DYs in the area for vehicles used for the purpose of delivery and collection of postal packets and the like, and those grounds alone would give a good winnable appeal. But, does the vague or lack of location give yet another bit of ammunition?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Advertisement
post Mon, 25 Jun 2018 - 10:33
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
stamfordman
post Mon, 25 Jun 2018 - 11:24
Post #2

Member No.: 59,924

How many Smith Streets are there in the district? I wouldn't have thought that has any legs.

Loading exemption a better bet but 'light parcels' doesn't give confidence.

Post the PCN.

This post has been edited by stamfordman: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 - 11:24

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Mon, 25 Jun 2018 - 12:16
Post #3

Member No.: 74,048

There are no requirements in the regs for location to be stated, but it is normal for adjudicators to include it as a necessary part of the reason for issue of the PCN, So if the PCN said reason to believe parked in a restricted street at Smith st but you were actually parked on jones st then appeal would most likely be allowed. If you argument is that it could have been smith st in a different town, the adjudicator is likely to take the view that you knew where you parked and refuse

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
roythebus
post Mon, 25 Jun 2018 - 12:29
Post #4

The PCN doesn't even say what town, hence my query.

I still can't work out how to post things on here unless it's been simplified recently, despite all the years I've been posting on here!

The parcels etc is one I've used before in Shepway appeals and won.

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Mon, 25 Jun 2018 - 12:35
Post #5

Member No.: 59,924

Use a pic site such as Imgur or Flickr.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Mon, 25 Jun 2018 - 23:06
Post #6

Member No.: 42,618

As stamfordman says use imgur.com or flikr to post the images. Give us a link to the location on Google Street View, and ideally the location of where you were taking the parcels. Was the delivery in the course of work / business or was it a private / personal delivery? How many parcels, and how heavy were they?

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Tue, 26 Jun 2018 - 08:31
Post #7

Member No.: 38,559

At the moment you have a PCN that invites you to pay or challenge with the information that if you do neither, then the owner (your partner assuming they are the RK) will get an NTO.

At the moment, you know exactly where you were parked and I would challenge claiming the loading exemption... detail what, invoices, delivery notes whatever as evidence.
If it gets to an NTO, this is the classic that the owner was not the driver so would have no first hand knowledge and then could claim uncertain location.

+Quote Post
roythebus
post Tue, 26 Jun 2018 - 19:27
Post #8

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Tue, 26 Jun 2018 - 00:06) *
As stamfordman says use imgur.com or flikr to post the images. Give us a link to the location on Google Street View, and ideally the location of where you were taking the parcels. Was the delivery in the course of work / business or was it a private / personal delivery? How many parcels, and how heavy were they?
I take what you're saying there, but the exemption does not specify how heavy parcels or packets have to be an whether they're for private or business use. Had they been heavy, it would have been a case of double parking for a while and blocking the narrow side street where they had to be delivered to. It's a registered van, insured for business use and carrying goods in connection with our trade or business. smile.gif
I'll try to get of Flickr and post the PCN later, I find all this downloading stuff via other sites a bit much for my receding brain power, especially when it comes to computers. Old age setting in. smile.gif

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Tue, 26 Jun 2018 - 19:35
Post #9

Member No.: 74,048

This is the key case re loading and is usually followed by adjudicators when finding for an exemption or not

https://www.londontribunals.gov.uk/sites/de...r%20Hamlets.pdf

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 16:18
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here