Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Careless Driving Notice - car park scrape
Dave18
post Wed, 14 Feb 2018 - 18:58
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 90,294

Hello,

I received a letter before Christmas to say my car had been reported to the police under careless driving, for not stopping at the scene of an accident. The incident is alleged to have taken place in a supermarket carpark.
My fiancé would have been driving at this time commuting back from work but has never visited the shops let alone the carpark where the incident is supposed to have occurred.

She has attended the police station with a solicitor to give her whereabouts at this time, normal driving pattern etc. We've also had our insurer assess our car and found no damage. The eyewitness gave our registration number but the description doesn't match her at all.

She is attending the police station again tomorrow as they have 'photographic' evidence now. How do people suggest we proceed? Especially if photos are vague?

This post has been edited by Dave18: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 - 18:59
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
Advertisement
post Wed, 14 Feb 2018 - 18:58
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
The Rookie
post Wed, 14 Feb 2018 - 19:13
Post #2

Member No.: 317

Stick to the truth, perjury is a much more serious offence than anything else you/they are likely to face.

If she wasn’t there, she wasn’t there, it may be a similar car, similar reg or whatever so she needs to be calm and credible.

Hopefully you are getting the solicitor at legal aid rates?

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 8-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Wed, 14 Feb 2018 - 19:32
Post #3

Member No.: 42,618

Presumably if the description doesn't match her at all, neither will the photos. Are there any CCTV cameras that cover the car park?

+Quote Post
Dave18
post Wed, 14 Feb 2018 - 21:09
Post #4

No CCTV as far as I could see, i.e no cameras on poles/lampposts in carpark. No Number plate recognition at enterance exit after going there later to have a look, though parked nearby and walked.

This post has been edited by Dave18: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 - 21:10

+Quote Post
samthecat
post Thu, 15 Feb 2018 - 07:06
Post #5

Member No.: 83,881

If she's going back to be re-interviewed with some further evidence arrange for her solicitor to come back as well.

If you can get anything showing either she or the car were elsewhere at the relevant times that may be helpful.

--------------------
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

+Quote Post
Colin_S
post Thu, 15 Feb 2018 - 08:25
Post #6

Member No.: 59,321

Does she have a smart phone that tracks her location, eg Google Maps?

+Quote Post
Dave18
post Thu, 15 Feb 2018 - 14:31
Post #7

She does have a smart phone but usually has location turned off to save the battery! The solicitor will be in attendance as doesn't charge till a formal interview takes place. Its a case of wait and see what the photo shows but she will act on advice of the lawyer + is fully aware of sticking to facts. After i had to go for a 'chat' at the police station as the owner of the car about I understand how they were trying to twist my words beyond saying she would have been driving at the time into an accusation it was her fault!!

+Quote Post
Spinstorm
post Thu, 15 Feb 2018 - 21:20
Post #8

Member No.: 9,908

You can charge your phone in your car very easily.

Location services can also be turned off for certain apps but honestly unless your wife literally makes phone calls all day long then the only reason not to have location on to save battery is because she doesn’t charge the phone reguarely and properly.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 22nd February 2018 - 09:12
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.