Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

URGENT HELP REQUIRED - challenging a council PCN
DKDK
post Sun, 17 Sep 2017 - 22:28
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 94,092

Good evening

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I've just discovered this forum after getting a PCN yesterday in Liverpool which I'd like to challenge. I parked in a place innocently enough and had no idea I might be somewhere I could get a parking ticket - I am currently on benefits as am signed off from work so could really do with not throwing good money away on a parking ticket. That's the sob story over with, so here are the details....

I parked on a piece of derelict land where a house used to be - it has been knocked down. The land is surrounded on 3 sides by pavement and the pavement is surrounded by double yellow lines on the road. As the photos show, I was not parked on the road itself (mine is the black alfa romeo).

I received a council PCN (both sides of which are shown in the photos) saying I was parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours. But I don't believe I was parked IN the street - as I have said, I was on the piece of derelict land.

The PCN says my location is Burnand Street, but as the screenshot I have shown from google maps shows, it could be argued that I was technically on Hayfield St, which joins Burnand St (my car is the blue circle and the blue outline shows the derelict piece of land).

There were no signs on the land itself about who owned it or that you couldn't park on it.

The PCN says my car is a Skoda when it is actually an Alfa Romeo. The reg no and colour are correct.

Does anyone have any idea how best to challenge the ticket? I would be eternally grateful! I have had parking tickets in the past which I have been happy to accept as were down to my own stupidity or trying my luck but I was very shocked in this instance that my car and all the cars on that little piece of land got tickets as thought it was perfectly acceptable to park there.

I look forward to any replies and please ask any questions if you need more info.

Kind regards, D.

(ps. I might need to upload photos in numerous posts due to upload limits - I'll have to have a fiddle, apologies if I am doing something wrong!)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Advertisement
post Sun, 17 Sep 2017 - 22:28
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
stamfordman
post Sun, 17 Sep 2017 - 22:30
Post #2

Member No.: 59,924

Use a site such as Flickr for pics and post the links - BBCode share links embed the pics on the forum.

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Sun, 17 Sep 2017 - 22:36
Post #3

Member No.: 74,048

We need to see the council photos. try to use flicker or some other external hosting site

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
DKDK
post Sun, 17 Sep 2017 - 22:36
Post #4

photos of the car parked on the derelict land (mine is the black alfa)
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
StuartBu
post Sun, 17 Sep 2017 - 22:37
Post #5

Member No.: 59,097

QUOTE (stamfordman @ Sun, 17 Sep 2017 - 23:30) *
Use a site such as Flickr for pics and post the links - BBCode share links embed the pics on the forum.

Why is it time after time new posters need to have this pointed out to them . I know theres a sticky explaining how to post pics but iirc it is hardly up to date and something needs to be done to get the message across.. e:g updating that post and preventing an initial post until they acknowledge they have read/ understood the instructions re posting pics.

+Quote Post
DKDK
post Sun, 17 Sep 2017 - 22:38
Post #6

front of the pcn

map
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Sun, 17 Sep 2017 - 22:39
Post #7

QUOTE (DKDK @ Sun, 17 Sep 2017 - 23:36) *
photos of the car parked on the derelict land (mine is the black alfa)

if the council photos show the same an argument can be made. The DYL apply from the centre of the road to the property line. I would argue that that has not moved just because the property has been demolished

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
DKDK
post Sun, 17 Sep 2017 - 22:40
Post #8

QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Sun, 17 Sep 2017 - 23:36) *
We need to see the council photos. try to use flicker or some other external hosting site

the photos that the council took you mean?? Are they available if I go on their website and put my pcn details in?

Apologies for how I've posted the photos by the way, I've just seen the posts re flickr etc

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Sun, 17 Sep 2017 - 22:46
Post #9

QUOTE (DKDK @ Sun, 17 Sep 2017 - 23:40) *

the photos that the council took you mean?? Are they available if I go on their website and put my pcn details in?

Apologies for how I've posted the photos by the way, I've just seen the posts re flickr etc

it will probably tell you on the back of the PCN, we need to see that as well please post it

--------------------

+Quote Post
DKDK
post Sun, 17 Sep 2017 - 22:53
Post #10

QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Sun, 17 Sep 2017 - 23:46) *
QUOTE (DKDK @ Sun, 17 Sep 2017 - 23:40) *

it will probably tell you on the back of the PCN, we need to see that as well please post it

I can't see anything about viewing the photos the council took. The front and rear of the PCN are shown in all my previously attached photos

thanks for your replies people

is the fact they've written skoda and not alfa romeo something that would invalidate the PCN?

what about the fact the car could be argued to be parked on a different "street" (even though I don't believe it to be parked in a street at all!)

thank you

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Sun, 17 Sep 2017 - 22:57
Post #11

Member No.: 59,924

Go here:

https://parking.liverpool.gov.uk/pcn/

and see what there is.

The car make doesn't matter much - it's the car reg that does.

The status of the land will be key - the street facing may also be a factor as you say should the land be on the 'carriageway'.

+Quote Post
DKDK
post Sun, 17 Sep 2017 - 23:03
Post #12

OK

this is very strange

I put my reg in (both with a space and without) and put the PCN number in (2 letters followed by 8 numbers) and it says:

The Penalty Charge Notice could not be found.
Please check that you have not mistyped.

I tried typing the PCN number with and without the 2 letters but kept getting the same message.

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Sun, 17 Sep 2017 - 23:08
Post #13

QUOTE (DKDK @ Mon, 18 Sep 2017 - 00:03) *
OK

this is very strange

I put my reg in (both with a space and without) and put the PCN number in (2 letters followed by 8 numbers) and it says:

I tried typing the PCN number with and without the 2 letters but kept getting the same message.

try again tomorrow, it might not have been updated yet

--------------------

+Quote Post
DKDK
post Sun, 17 Sep 2017 - 23:13
Post #14

even though the ticket was yesterday afternoon?

I got a bit excited then haha

how should i phrase my challenge then? does it allow me to post my photos if I do the challenge online?

thanks

+Quote Post
DKDK
post Thu, 28 Sep 2017 - 08:53
Post #15

QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Mon, 18 Sep 2017 - 00:08) *
QUOTE (DKDK @ Mon, 18 Sep 2017 - 00:03) *
OK

this is very strange

try again tomorrow, it might not have been updated yet

please help!

I've been checking the online system every day and now suddenly the parking ticket has appeared, It hasn't been coming up as registered on the system. I even rang the office and they said it doesn't exist. I'm very angry as it was 2 weeks ago this saturday that I got the ticket and I haven't been able to challenge it as it hasn't shown up til now.

the 2 evidence photos that the council took are here https://imgur.com/a/d5UYP

PLEASE help me challenge this, based on the previous info in the above posts

thank you!

+Quote Post
Neil B
post Thu, 28 Sep 2017 - 09:21
Post #16

Member No.: 16,671

I haven't looked at your case but for info -

your 14 days expires tomorrow.

--------------------
QUOTE (DancingDad @ Fri, 11 May 2018 - 12:30) *
Neil is good at working backwards.

+Quote Post
DKDK
post Thu, 28 Sep 2017 - 09:24
Post #17

QUOTE (Neil B @ Thu, 28 Sep 2017 - 10:21) *
I haven't looked at your case but for info -

your 14 days expires tomorrow.

I know, hence why I'm angry! as I haven't been able to do anything about it because it didn't exist on their system til today

have you any thoughts on the case

+Quote Post
peterguk
post Thu, 28 Sep 2017 - 09:26
Post #18

Member No.: 14,720

QUOTE (DKDK @ Thu, 28 Sep 2017 - 09:53) *
PLEASE help me challenge this

On what basis?

Council photos show bang to rights
Location would appear fine
Car make irrelevant

--------------------

+Quote Post
DKDK
post Thu, 28 Sep 2017 - 09:32
Post #19

QUOTE (peterguk @ Thu, 28 Sep 2017 - 10:26) *
QUOTE (DKDK @ Thu, 28 Sep 2017 - 09:53) *
PLEASE help me challenge this

On what basis?

Council photos show bang to rights
Location would appear fine
Car make irrelevant
you ask what basis but that's what I am here for advice on to be honest

in my eyes, I'm not parked "on a street" as the PCN says, my car is adjacent to a different road than the PCN says, I'm not on double yellows, I'm not on the pavement, I'm on a piece of land where a house has been knocked down and there were no signs saying not to park there

is there anything I can do? as i said, I'm signed off from work at the moment so money is very tight

thank you

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Thu, 28 Sep 2017 - 09:37
Post #20

dear Mr parking

I challenge the issue of the above numbered PCN. My car was parked along with many others beyond the property line.as such no contravention occurs. in the alternative if it is deemed an area where the public have an unfettered right of access, then a legitimate expectation exists

Regards

keep it that simple you are placing the pieces for a long game

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 23:04
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here