Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Highview PPC
minimee
post Thu, 22 Sep 2016 - 00:00
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 87,229

Hello forum

As a registered keeper of a vehicle I have been issued with more than one ticket from Highview PPC as they have using ANPR images of a vehicle registered in my name violating their parking limits within a car park that this vehicle regularly uses as the site is passed quite a lot and it belongs to a supermarket.

Popping in for lunch, breakfast, to shop and use the loo at various times of the day throughout the week, the vehicle is never parked more than the said limits on the notices however the letters issued by the PPC state on one occasion the vehicle was there for over 5 hours!!! Images of the violations have been supplied.

It has been suggested that visits to the site on multiple occasions the earliest and latest image has been used to issue the PCN, the actual Supermarket isued a letter too stating the parking limits had been violated on more than one occasion and on the first occasion the violation was overlooked as a gesture of goodwill.

I would appreciate what action should be taken towards these notices if any, all advice is appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Advertisement
post Thu, 22 Sep 2016 - 00:00
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Skiddaw
post Thu, 22 Sep 2016 - 05:21
Post #2

Member No.: 72,399

This sounds like Tesco and you need to see the manager and get it cancelled. ANPR is far from perfect and fails to record exit times (personally I think it's quite deliberate fraud ). Have you proof of separate visits, receipts, clubcard or android phone records of GPS movements?

They say your VRN has infringed before, was it in your ownership?

Store cancellation is the far easiest way of getting theses things cancelled.

This post has been edited by Skiddaw: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 - 05:22

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Thu, 22 Sep 2016 - 10:25
Post #3

Member No.: 15,642

SOunds like a classic double dip smile.gif

+Quote Post
minimee
post Thu, 22 Sep 2016 - 21:38
Post #4

Thanks chaps

The vehicle has been in my ownership for 18 months, it does seem like a double dip as you call it as there would never have been an infringement of the terms and conditions due to knowing about the 3 hour limit so yes a so called double dip looks highly desperate by the PPC and likely, I will point this out to the manager as this is the next course of action.

The first contravention apparently was listed as a couple of weeks before the recently dated infringements, it seems like selective charging, I will point out that we do spend an average of £10k a year with the company as a whole and hopefully the manager will see reason if we get to see him in the first place!!

Will post back soon

+Quote Post
emanresu
post Fri, 23 Sep 2016 - 04:00
Post #5

Member No.: 13,324

If this is Tesco, there is a customer service number to call 01382 227820. If you have a Clubcard, that is usually enough to show spend without showing bank details.

+Quote Post
minimee
post Mon, 26 Sep 2016 - 14:47
Post #6

QUOTE (emanresu @ Fri, 23 Sep 2016 - 05:00) *
If this is Tesco, there is a customer service number to call 01382 227820. If you have a Clubcard, that is usually enough to show spend without showing bank details.

Thank you for this telephone number, I called them today and spoke a nice chap who I explained the situation to and he has said on this occasion they would cancel the notice for me which is good news. I did visit the store to make my case but could not speak with the manager after two attempts so this method was very useful.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 20:11
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here