Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

CPM Penalty, What Next
Jimmyb76
post Sat, 16 Mar 2019 - 00:10
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 59,992

Hi All

Ok so bit of a saga here and probably been seen before.

So Last year moved house. To do the house move I hired a vehicle and parked my car in my new places parking bay. As part of the moving pack I was meant to be given a permit to park in my bay but it had been lost either by landlord or agency.

When I noticed the signs said a permit was required to be displayed I tried calling the number on the sign however I got an automated message saying it was not in service. Anyway I got a ticket from CPM. I again tried to contact the PPC via the phone number but got the same number not in service message.

I contacted the letting agents who organised a new permit and being busy with the move and work I lost the parking ticket and forgot about it.

I appealed using a peppipoo generic appeal making no mention of my having a right to park in the bay etc but citing BPA as I wanted to appeal it through Popla.

I dont want to go into too much detail but I have received a long and lengthy letter advising the appeal was rejected and that they are not part of the BPA. Apparently i can appeal to IAS.org or I have to pay the penalty which has been sent to debtrecoveryplus a division of CPM I believe.

SO my question is what do I do now?

I dont think it smart to ignore it but on principle dont think I should have to pay the ticket as I had a right to be parked in my bay. I have a tenancy agreement showing my tenancy start date being before I got the ticket.

Any help or advice appreciated as I have been trying to find definitive advice on the forum regarding these guys but not got anywhere hence this post..

This post has been edited by Jimmyb76: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 - 00:13
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Advertisement
post Sat, 16 Mar 2019 - 00:10
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Sat, 16 Mar 2019 - 09:21
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

Firstly they will almost certainly issue a court claim - so it needs proper attention.

What exactly does the tenancy say about parking?

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
ostell
post Sat, 16 Mar 2019 - 09:22
Post #3

Member No.: 60,457

So what does your tenancy agreement say about parking and what does your landlords lease say about parking?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Monday, 25th March 2019 - 23:20
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.