PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Street parking
Aaron
post Fri, 2 Feb 2007 - 02:29
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,927

Hello, I live in Leicester (near the Royal Infirmary for those who know). I live on a system of streets lined with rows of houses, directly on the street etc. My road is layed out so that people can park on one side even though there is parking room of each side. This road is a pain in the day since when cars are on both sides of the road, only one can drive in each direction so on the other side they have single yellow lines to prevent traffic in the day (not that it works).

My experience is that if you park in 'certain' places (outside of allowed hours) and double yellow lines you'll get either PCNs or FPNs. The thing is, if there is no all day parking spaces, people park on the yellow lines and generally get away with it (I know where I am most likely to get done). I for one reguarly 'risk' it, I've only got one FPN for stupidly parking outside of a public building on the road, likely that hobby bobbies were called as they reguarly are to plaster cars on that section only in FPNs.

There must be a policy on this... Surely with so many cars parked on single yellows they council would have armies of people issuing tickets? It seems they turn a blind eye to certain places, what I would love to do is find out which places since I think there is most deffinantly some kind of policy? Does anyone have any thoughts on this kind of situation, as far as I understand, this is a politcal issue (MPs campaigning for a car park etc)... Prehaps a FOA request can get some light shed on this?

On a side note, I got a PCN for stupidly parking on a single yellow for 10 minutes (damn it!). I think Leicester council are on the ball, the PCN was spot on the ball with dates here there and everywhere. It was issued by their new breed of people who actually wear motorbike helmets (I guess they ride around rather than walking) and when logging onto the website to pay, I can see pictures of my offence (well I could if it worked, but it doesn't). Still, it still says "You must pay..."!

This post has been edited by Aaron: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 - 02:34
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Advertisement
post Fri, 2 Feb 2007 - 02:29
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Teufel
post Sat, 3 Feb 2007 - 21:55
Post #2

Member No.: 6,518

i am not sure what the complaint is here ?

you are complaining that on many occassions you haventy been given a PCN

i dont really understand

+Quote Post
Aaron
post Sun, 4 Feb 2007 - 16:50
Post #3

Member No.: 9,927

Parking is awful, and to be perfectly honest I'd love to know where I can park illegally and get away with it.

+Quote Post
flopper
post Sun, 4 Feb 2007 - 16:59
Post #4

Member No.: 1,720

We don't encourage illegal parking here, merely point out that there are regulations that have to be followed by the authorities. If there are restrictions and you have parked there without a ticket then you have been lucky. Not all wardens will issue tickets in some areas as they seem to go for the most convenient and troublesome places.

If, on the other hand, the markings are not as they should be then the restrictions are invalid. Check against TSRGD 2002.

As for where you will get a ticket, i'm afraid it's pot luck.

--------------------
Flash, flash, bugger!

Have you benefited from Pepipoo? I have, 2 Speeding and numerous parking tickets won!!
Please help the fight

The Flop

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Wednesday, 16th October 2019 - 18:15
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.