Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Court Issued Fine - Speeding
Diglett
post Fri, 7 Aug 2020 - 11:13
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 109,353

Hi Everyone.

I have just received an £816 fine from HMCTS. I have called them and it relates to a speeding ticket I was not aware of. This is my fault as I hadn’t updated my address with the DVLA.

I presume there is nothing I can do about this. Bit a friend suggested posting here to see if there are any options.

Really appreciate any help. Couldn’t have come at a worse time financially.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Advertisement
post Fri, 7 Aug 2020 - 11:13
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
NewJudge
post Fri, 7 Aug 2020 - 11:40
Post #2

Member No.: 23,623

You need to perform a "Statutory Declaration" (SD) to have your conviction, together with fines, costs, etc. set aside. Here's the details:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=134544

Then, when the matter is restarted, you then need to attend court and offer to plead guilty to the speeding charge only on the understanding that the "Failure to Provide Driver's Details" charge (which is what you will have been convicted of) is dropped. Things are working a bit strangely at present because of Covid and in some areas SDs are being taken by phone. But the important thing is not to plead guilty to speeding until you have the agreement I mentioned. As it stands they cannot convict you of speeding as they have no evidence you were driving.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Fri, 7 Aug 2020 - 11:48
Post #3

Member No.: 49,223

QUOTE (Diglett @ Fri, 7 Aug 2020 - 12:13) *
I presume there is nothing I can do about this. Bit a friend suggested posting here to see if there are any options.

Quite the reverse... As NewJudge has posted you should be able to get a better result.

At the moment your licence will have a MS90 endorsement code (check it online) which is failing to provide driver identity. You should be able to get the underlying offence instead which will have a lower impact to you.

You have a limited time now you are aware of the conviction.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Diglett
post Fri, 7 Aug 2020 - 22:52
Post #4

Member No.: 109,353

Thank you both!

I will do this right away and report back! Actually chuffed there may be a better solution!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 07:36
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here