Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Lambeth PCN, 3x PCN For non display of permit
antweb
post Wed, 14 Feb 2018 - 12:58
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 92,181

Hello,

This is a fairly 'complex' issue that I've found myself in and not sure how best to approach the formal appeal, hopefully writing this post will help me gather my thoughts.

On 9th November 2017 my resident permit expired, I used a visitor permit on 10th November 2017.

On Monday 13th November I tried to renew my permit online before 0830 however their website malfunctioned and prevented me from progressing. I waited for the call center to open and spoke to someone on the parking line, they transferred me to the back office after I explained the technical difficulties. The back office operative looked into the issue and advised me that there was an issue with my profile and that she would need to get the support team to look into it. She provided me with a temporary permit valid for 2 weeks in the mean time and emailed me saying "I will notify you once the issue is resolved".

I did not have access to a printer and so I hand wrote out the permit details clearly onto a piece of A4 paper (I have done this for every single temporary permit, as I was advised that was OK by a Lambeth parking line operative.)

On Monday 20th November I received a PCN (#1) code 19s - when I saw this I immediately emailed the back office operative asking for an update on the issue and advised her about the PCN. No response.

On Tuesday 21st November I received another PCN (#2) code 19z - this time I called the parking desk to try to get through to my contact, but unfortunately she was out of the office. I removed any old permits from view and left the temporary permit visible.

On Wednesday 22nd November (0959) I received another PCN (#3) code 12s - I called the parking desk again ~1030 to get through and explained the issue to a different operative who assured me she would speak to my contact and get it sorted out. My contact then emailed me at 1146 to tell me I was able to apply for the permit on line as the issue had been solved and got a permit confirmation email at 1653.

I informally appealed all three PCNs as below

PCN #1
To whom it may concern.
My resident permit expired earlier this month, I tried to renew it online however the system failed to do so.
After the failure I called Lambeth Parking Service who issued a temporary permit on 13th November 2016, valid until 26th November
2016 (see email PDF and temporary permit PDF attached). I do not have a printer and so wrote the temporary permit details out onto
paper, as I have for the last 2 temporary permits I have received. I am still waiting to hear back from Parking Services as the temporary
permit will expire in 6 days and I am still unable to renew the permit online. You can clearly see the temporary permit in my picture and I
will testify that the temporary permit has been on display for over a week. Because I am lodging this challenge on the same day I am
unable to see the photographs taken by your enforcer, but I expect you will be able to see the temporary permit in their photos too. I look
forward to your swift reply acknowledging that this PCN has been cancelled. Regards Antony O'Neill

PCN #2
To whom it may concern.
Please note that this is a challenge for the PCN LJ08847077. This is the second PCN I have received in as many days.
Please see PCN LJ08809136. I am including the message in verbatim from the first PCN, and have attached evidence of my temporary permit for LJX1397138.
My resident permit expired earlier this month, I tried to renew it online however the system failed
to do so. After the failure I called Lambeth Parking Service who issued a temporary permit on 13th November 2016, valid until 26th
November 2016 (see email PDF and temporary permit PDF attached). I do not have a printer and so wrote the temporary permit details
out onto paper, as I have for the last 2 temporary permits I have received. I am still waiting to hear back from Parking Services as the
temporary permit will expire in 6 days and I am still unable to renew the permit online. You can clearly see the temporary permit in my
picture and I will testify that the temporary permit has been on display for over a week. Because I am lodging this challenge on the same
day I am unable to see the photographs taken by your enforcer, but I expect you will be able to see the temporary permit in their photos
too. I look forward to your swift reply acknowledging that this PCN has been cancelled. Regards Antony O'Neill

PCN #3
To whom it may concern. Please note that this is a challenge for the PCN LJ08847077. This is the third PCN I have received in as many
days.
Please see PCN LJ08809136 (20/11/2017) and LJ08847077 (21/11/2017). I have attached evidence of my temporary permit for
LJX1397138. My resident permit expired earlier this month, I tried to renew it online however the system failed to do so. After the failure
I called Lambeth Parking Service who issued a temporary permit on 13th November 2016, valid until 26th November 2016 (see email
PDF and temporary permit PDF attached). I do not have a printer and so wrote the temporary permit details out onto paper, as I have for
the last 2 temporary permits I have received. After two further phone calls I have finally heard back from Christelle (see attached email)
and have have now been able to renew the permit starting on the 22/11/2017. You can clearly see in the photo that was taken by your
'CEO' the temporary permit in my car with the correct reference and validity. I look forward to your swift reply acknowledging that this
PCN, and the other two have been cancelled. Regards Antony O'Neill

I'm happy to say PCN #1 was cancelled, PCN #2 was not cancelled, and PCN #3 was also not cancelled.

Interestingly the PCN #3 was processed by the same officer as PCN #1.

Add into the mix: I moved flat on the 14th January, and in anticipation of a NTO for #2 and #3 I sent my V5 off to be updated (it came back as changed on the 2nd Jan)

Only the other day did I receive a NTO that kindly my old neighbour forwarded to me dated 24/01/18 for PCN #2 I am yet to receive the NTO for PCN #3.

Any immediate thoughts?

I think there are a couple of routes I could go down:
- Lambeth is responsible for the failure to renew my permit online and may have also failed to show a valid permit on the hand held devices used by the 'CEO's
- Lambeth should cancel the two other PCNs as a result of cancelling the first

All attachments shown in album: https://imgur.com/a/98sAx

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Updated NTO date to 24/1 from 14/1!

This post has been edited by antweb: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 - 13:26
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
Advertisement
post Wed, 14 Feb 2018 - 12:58
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
stamfordman
post Wed, 14 Feb 2018 - 13:07
Post #2

Member No.: 59,924

Looks to me that you just continue with the evidence of being covered by a temp permit with formal appeals to both PCNs.

Have to say - do you not know anyone with a printer? Or any high street print shop?

+Quote Post
antweb
post Wed, 14 Feb 2018 - 13:09
Post #3

Well, yes I do - but given that I'd been safe without a printed copy of the temporary permit on 3 previous occasions I figured I'd be safe this time round too..

+Quote Post
Mad Mick V
post Wed, 14 Feb 2018 - 13:22
Post #4

Group: Closed
Member No.: 11,355

My 1st thought is that you have to deal with that NTO dated 14/1 NOW! else you lose your right to appeal. Put something in today and attribute the delay in your appeal to moving house.

Mick

+Quote Post
antweb
post Wed, 14 Feb 2018 - 13:27
Post #5

Whoops - the NTO is actually dated 24/1 but yes, I will be sending something off in registered post today.

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Wed, 14 Feb 2018 - 13:35
Post #6

Member No.: 59,924

Have spotted also that first two of the PCNs are lower level code 19 but the last one is a higher level code 12 so when you get the NTO for that it should be easy to overturn as exceeding the amount applicable.

+Quote Post
antweb
post Tue, 10 Apr 2018 - 09:39
Post #7

So since the replies here, I made the appeal on the NTO for PCN#2 and received a notice of rejection which I have sent off to the London Tribunals for appeal.

In my NTO appeal for PCN#2 I made it clear that I had moved house and that the V5C registration had been changed prior to the NTO being issued.

I just received the following via email, still addressed to the old address. https://imgur.com/a/yj6Qe

I'm absolutely fuming. They sent the NTO to an address that was not registered with the DVLA and now they're trying to charge me double the price, stating I have no alternative. They had the appeal and responded to it on the 14th March, writing to my new address - they've clearly waited for as long as possible before getting in touch with me so that I was unable to appeal the NTO for PCN#3.

Thoughts, suggestions, and advice are all very very welcome.

I don't have a copy of my original appeal on this computer but will attach later tonight

This post has been edited by antweb: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 - 09:41

+Quote Post
Mad Mick V
post Tue, 10 Apr 2018 - 09:58
Post #8

Group: Closed
Member No.: 11,355

Why should you be fuming, they have presented you with the case on a silver platter. Gross procedural impropriety.

Sending correspondence to address other than that given:-

Mick

This post has been edited by Mad Mick V: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 - 10:00

+Quote Post
antweb
post Tue, 1 May 2018 - 06:54
Post #9

Okay, so London tribunals just emailed me to say that Lambeth are not contesting my appeal for PCN #2 so it's been dropped and I don't have to attend a hearing

Good news.

But I still have the matter of PCN#3 of which I have not received an NTO, nor the CC that they claim to have sent.. will call the TEC today to see if they have a record of it.

+Quote Post
spaceman
post Wed, 2 May 2018 - 13:29
Post #10

Member No.: 11,319

QUOTE (antweb @ Tue, 10 Apr 2018 - 10:39) *
...they've clearly waited for as long as possible before getting in touch with me so that I was unable to appeal the NTO for PCN#3.

Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 10:34
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here