Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Potentially caught doing 94-96 on M25
Greenfire
post Mon, 4 Aug 2014 - 10:47
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 72,302

Hi all,

Really sorry to be that guy that just goes onto a forum when he needs something but I'm panicking currently!

I was travelling on the M25 at around 4AM doing around 94-96 mph. As I passed one of the large gantry signs an almighty couple of flashes appeared from behind. They lit up so bright.

I was on my way to the airport for a flight and seeing as the roads were almost empty I decided to make up some time. It was a completely stupid decision and to be honest i rarely go over 80. One stupid moment of judgement has now left me in a potentially bad situation.

What do you guys think the odds of me being caught are and the potential punishments? Just as a mention there were no lines on the road so I guess it's a radar?

A bit of background about me, I've had my licence for 5.5 years with no penalties previously.

I would really appreciate some advice.

Many thanks,

Green fire
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 15)
Advertisement
post Mon, 4 Aug 2014 - 10:47
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Mon, 4 Aug 2014 - 10:53
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

As long as your measured speed (it will be a bit lower than your speedo) does not exceed 95 then you should be able to dispose of the matter with a 3 point / £100 fixed penalty. Otherwise it will be a court summons.

Anyway, it sounds almost certain you were caught so they have 14 days to serve the 1st NIP.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Greenfire
post Mon, 4 Aug 2014 - 13:47
Post #3

Hi,

Many thanks for the reply. So I guess it's time to face reality and accept that I did get caught!

In your experience do people usually get 3 points for this sort of offence? I would be more than happy with a FPN in this instance.

Thanks,

Green fire

+Quote Post
AFCNEAL
post Mon, 4 Aug 2014 - 13:50
Post #4

Member No.: 13,453

Yup, for that speed 3 points and £100 is likely.

--------------------
www.BMWEnthusiasts.co.uk

+Quote Post
nomadros
post Mon, 4 Aug 2014 - 14:35
Post #5

Member No.: 11,089

I hate to be sanguine about this, but if/when you do get some "details" it would be interesting to know what type of camera fired off at you...HADECS2 (the old fashoned gantry cameras mounted one for each lane) or HADECS3 (side mounted on the gantry) or failing that whereabouts on the M25 you were.

Edit to add, you noted there were no markings on the road, so it might be a HADECS3. This will be of interest as they are a new camera type and I can't recall anyone posting about being done by one on here. I could be wrong though.

This post has been edited by nomadros: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 - 14:39

+Quote Post
Greenfire
post Mon, 4 Aug 2014 - 14:48
Post #6

Hi,

Thanks again for the info guys. Hope it is just 3 points!

The camera was just past the A10 junction going anti clockwise. Junction 25 I believe or near there anyway.

Thanks,

Green fire.

+Quote Post
Greenfire
post Mon, 4 Aug 2014 - 17:20
Post #7

Hi guys,

So I've done some digging around google and on Piston Heads it looks like others have seem the cameras around J25 flash also.

I believe these are the new HADESCS3's.

Thanks,

Green fire

+Quote Post
Greenfire
post Wed, 6 Aug 2014 - 14:47
Post #8

Hi guys,

Sorry to bump this. I just wanted to know if you had any ideas on if anyone had been caught by the new HADESC cameras?

Whilst I fully appreciate that I was speeding and it was a stupid thing to do I really don't want to be in a position where my licence is the on the line!

I know a few people have said about 3 points and £100 fine which I would welcome with open arms but the new cameras have put a lot of doubt in my mind whether I will get that or not.

Many thanks,

Green fire

+Quote Post
peterguk
post Wed, 6 Aug 2014 - 14:54
Post #9

Member No.: 14,720

Whether anyone else has or has not been caught won't change your situation.

you'll just have to wait and see what arrives in the post. 14 days if you're the RK.

--------------------

+Quote Post
StuartBu
post Wed, 6 Aug 2014 - 14:56
Post #10

Member No.: 59,097

QUOTE (Greenfire @ Wed, 6 Aug 2014 - 15:47) *
Hi guys,

Sorry to bump this. I just wanted to know if you had any ideas on if anyone had been caught by the new HADESC cameras?

Whilst I fully appreciate that I was speeding and it was a stupid thing to do I really don't want to be in a position where my licence is the on the line!

I know a few people have said about 3 points and £100 fine which I would welcome with open arms but the new cameras have put a lot of doubt in my mind whether I will get that or not.

Many thanks,

Green fire

Why should the type of device used make any difference ..surely it is the limit in force and the speed you were doing that matters?

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Wed, 6 Aug 2014 - 15:02
Post #11

Member No.: 49,223

There could be a difference between an average-speed and a single measurement system. I suspect it's the latter so the all important speed is around the 90+ mark.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Wed, 6 Aug 2014 - 17:03
Post #12

Member No.: 18,483

Sorry to bump this.

So don't then?

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
Greenfire
post Wed, 6 Aug 2014 - 21:10
Post #13

QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Wed, 6 Aug 2014 - 18:03) *
Sorry to bump this.

So don't then?

Wow you're a ****.

Everyone else has been so helpful and friendly.

You miserable ****.

+Quote Post
mrh3369
post Wed, 6 Aug 2014 - 21:18
Post #14

Member No.: 44,109

Bye bye :-)

--------------------
Edited as my IPhone thinks it knows best and changes my posts…

+Quote Post
peterguk
post Wed, 6 Aug 2014 - 21:20
Post #15

Member No.: 14,720

QUOTE (Greenfire @ Wed, 6 Aug 2014 - 22:10) *
QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Wed, 6 Aug 2014 - 18:03) *
Sorry to bump this.

So don't then?

Wow you're a ****.

Everyone else has been so helpful and friendly.

You miserable ****.

You seem to have not considered those that contribute here do so in their own, unpaid time.

Bumping a thread that doesn't even involve a live case is totally unnecessary. And as i said whether other people have been caught has nowt to do with whether you have been, so essentially after your initial query was answered, you're simply wasting everyone elses time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Wed, 6 Aug 2014 - 21:26
Post #16

Member No.: 18,483

I thought you might have taken the hint the first time I deleted your "bump" post. Apparently not.

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 09:11
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here