Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Council issued PCN, Incorrect location on notice
Temples
post Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 19:55
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 100,344

Hi - I've received a council issued PCN - I was actually parked outside my property where there is a dropped kerb with a dropped kerb also directly opposite - parked here for over 20 years with no previous problems. Last week I received a PCN relating to the dropped kerb, apparently following a complaint. However, the location on the notice is incorrect, it gives the name of the next road and not that of my home address. I challenged the notice by e mail and have received a response from the local council stating that the ticket would not be overturned because the location of my vehicle at the time of the violation was correct, as per the PCN. I have e mailed back asking them to re address their decision because I was parked outside my property, which is definitely not on the road name they have stated on the PCN. No response as yet. Is this what you would class as a clerical error, and if so, does this mean the PCN is not valid?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Advertisement
post Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 19:55
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Enceladus
post Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 20:12
Post #2

Member No.: 25,447

Wrong location is usually fatal for a PCN, because the allegation is that you parked your car in contravention of regulation x at location y. Hence the Council would need to show that your vehicle was parked at location y at the relevant time. Since it wasn't there, they fail.

However some folks frequently get this wrong so I would post up both sides of your PCN, just obscure the PCN number and vehicle reg, leave everything else visible. And a GSV link to the location and scans of any other correspondence you have to do with this,

This post has been edited by Enceladus: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 20:13

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 22:27
Post #3

Member No.: 59,924

We need to see the PCN and council pics. Use a site like https://imgbb.com to host pics. Also show us the google street view location.

If this is a code 27 adjacent to your own dropped kerb then it sounds odd.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 19:15
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here