PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Registration, Car not registered to me
Noonoodipsy
post Wed, 16 May 2018 - 20:03
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 98,001

Hi, new to this forum. I've had a car for 7 years. Bought privately. Filled in slip on v5. Have taxed and insured vehicle every year using original bit of v5. This month I went to tax it online and it wouldn't let me, my insurers have also asked for a copy of my v5, for auditing purposes. I couldn't find it and on investigation I have now found the seller never sent his part off informing DVLA of transfer and sale. That person was moving abroad. I'm about to fill in v62 but am now worried if I'll be penalised. Should I put original purchase date or a later one ? Any advice is welcome. Please no negative or abusive ones lol I know I should have realised.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Advertisement
post Wed, 16 May 2018 - 20:03
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
post Wed, 16 May 2018 - 20:21
Post #2

Member No.: 47,602

QUOTE (Noonoodipsy @ Wed, 16 May 2018 - 21:03) *
Hi, new to this forum. I've had a car for 7 years. Bought privately. Filled in slip on v5. Have taxed and insured vehicle every year using original bit of v5. This month I went to tax it online and it wouldn't let me, my insurers have also asked for a copy of my v5, for auditing purposes. I couldn't find it and on investigation I have now found the seller never sent his part off informing DVLA of transfer and sale. That person was moving abroad. I'm about to fill in v62 but am now worried if I'll be penalised. Should I put original purchase date or a later one ? Any advice is welcome. Please no negative or abusive ones lol I know I should have realised.

Why do you think putting anything other than the real date would be a good idea?

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Wed, 16 May 2018 - 20:22
Post #3

Member No.: 38,559

Tell the truth, doubt any comeback from DVLA.

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Wed, 16 May 2018 - 20:26
Post #4

Member No.: 18,483

Shall I put the truth or commit forgery?

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
Noonoodipsy
post Wed, 16 May 2018 - 23:36
Post #5

QUOTE (DancingDad @ Wed, 16 May 2018 - 21:22) *
Tell the truth, doubt any comeback from DVLA.

I'm not worried about telling truth and do not want to commit fraud. I just wasn't sure what to do for best. Thank you for replying. I'll just put original date. What will be will be I guess lol

+Quote Post
freddy1
post Wed, 16 May 2018 - 23:44
Post #6

Member No.: 9,897

try doing this , in the morning , you have the old keepers details? https://www.gov.uk/sold-bought-vehicle

+Quote Post
Noonoodipsy
post Thu, 17 May 2018 - 07:57
Post #7

QUOTE (freddy1 @ Thu, 17 May 2018 - 00:44) *
try doing this , in the morning , you have the old keepers details? https://www.gov.uk/sold-bought-vehicle

Thanks. I just thought they'd come down on me like a ton of bricks having had the car for so long without it being registered.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Thu, 17 May 2018 - 11:18
Post #8

Member No.: 42,618

QUOTE (Noonoodipsy @ Thu, 17 May 2018 - 08:57) *
QUOTE (freddy1 @ Thu, 17 May 2018 - 00:44) *

Thanks. I just thought they'd come down on me like a ton of bricks having had the car for so long without it being registered.

While technically they could, it's probably not going to be in the public interest to prosecute you if the vehicle has been correctly taxed and insured at all times and there are no other offences. Regardless, now you know that the car needs to be registered and it isn't, the longer you wait the more culpable you are.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
Noonoodipsy
post Thu, 17 May 2018 - 11:32
Post #9

Thanks for replies. I was really panicking. Will get onto it as soon as I finish work. Fingers crossed I have no tickets accumulated as I would have not have found out lol unsure.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 09:47
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here