PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Uk pcm ticket at residential area for parking on yellow lines, Pay or not to pay?
Bbl btn
post Wed, 16 May 2018 - 06:17
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 88,396

Hi I received ticket for parking on yellow lines
It was in my residential area , i never got the ticket on my windscreen just te parking charge notice to my address
On the fotos it’s not showing the ticket on the wind screen too.
When I went to web site the charge notice date was the issue date
I got the date of the incident is 13 days before issue date.
Is there any point to try??
I need to admit that I can’t make it without accurate guidance
Not answers like — read more or sth like this
I feel like don’t have much chances
Some of the people here might know why
I’m not happy with them theft getting my money
Are your able to help this time?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 12)
Advertisement
post Wed, 16 May 2018 - 06:17
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Wed, 16 May 2018 - 06:33
Post #2

Member No.: 15,642

Hit REPORT, on your post, and get this moved to the private parking forum.

Then you do, actually, need to read a few recent threads in the forum to understand the scam involved here, especially in residential cases. Does your lease / AST / rental agreement / whatever say you need to display a permit? That you cannot park in X locations?

We will need EXACT dates here to help you.

+Quote Post
Eljayjay
post Wed, 16 May 2018 - 19:10
Post #3

Member No.: 91,235

What is your status?

Are you the leasehold owner of the property?

Or are you a sub-tenant?

+Quote Post
ostell
post Wed, 16 May 2018 - 21:28
Post #4

Member No.: 60,457

So the issue date is 13 days after the event. POFA, which can make the keeper liable, requires that the Notice to Keeper is delivered within 14 days. It also states that the it is assumed that the NTK will be delivered 2 workng days after it is issued. This takes your to 15 days and therefore the keeper cannot be held liable.

So what was the alleged breach? What did the sign say?

Post up the NTK suitably redacted so you can't be identified, but leave the dates

+Quote Post
Bbl btn
post Tue, 5 Jun 2018 - 00:47
Post #5

I’m renting the flat I’m not an owner
I didn’t have a chance to read anything as I lost my phone for 2 weeks I was without I phone
I’m trying to attach the photo of the letter - hope it will work I’m leaving only dates and amounts
I still do not know what is the best way to put photos
They took me to court before and I lost
It was ok and “quiet “ with them tickets but I think attendant has changed cos I see them very often (tickets) I got two more
On both occasions no ticket on the windscreen ( it’s also not in the photos when I go to the their website)
I have also noticed that sometimes tickets lying on the grass - so somebody is taking them off unless it’s car owners that grow it out , anyway . For me it looks like they ticket more than ever, and usually it looks like this when they going to change name.
Has the situation changed much for last six months ? In February it was in House of Commons - did it have any effect , after they have been named there? ( gladstones)
My tenancy doesn’t say a word about permits .

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Tue, 5 Jun 2018 - 05:28
Post #6

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (Bbl btn @ Wed, 16 May 2018 - 07:17) *
i never got the ticket on my windscreen just the parking charge notice to my address
On the fotos it’s not showing the ticket on the wind screen too.
When I went to web site the charge notice date was the issue date
I got the date of the incident is 13 days before issue date.

The fact they issued the postal notice when they did tells us there never was a notice on the car. If there had been a notice on the car they would have waited four weeks before sending a notice to keeper.

What does your own lease tell you about your ability to park, and restrictions?

The head lease between the landowner and your landlord can be got from the land registry and will tell you what rights the landlord has that he can confer on you.

Losing in court is easy if you don't know how to defend, your comments suggest you were an easy target.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 8-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
ostell
post Tue, 5 Jun 2018 - 07:31
Post #7

Member No.: 60,457

The relevant period is the date it is delivered. Your NTK is dated 10th May, a Thursday. It is assumed to be delivered 2 working days later. So that takes it to Monday 14th May. So that is 17 days, well outside the relevant period. They even mention this 2 days in the last paragraph.

Compare the last paragraph of that NTK with the required statement prescribed in POFA 9 (2) (f). The letter doesn't mention the keeper being liable for the charge, only the driver.

It may be too late but edit your first post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred. Use "the driver ......" etc.

You send a simple BOGOFF (search it) response from the registered keeper.

This post has been edited by ostell: Tue, 5 Jun 2018 - 07:34

+Quote Post
Bbl btn
post Mon, 11 Jun 2018 - 01:00
Post #8

I don’t drive this car.

+Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Mon, 11 Jun 2018 - 01:15
Post #9

Member No.: 32,130

That's good to know, because as has been said, this is a non POFA Notice.

You will not win on appeal because no-one does with IPC firms, but with this one you have a defence, despite the fact your local court is Brighton, not a good one usually for PCN cases.

I recall your other case on here that was lost and you did the best prep you could have done, and I know English isn't your first language so you did a decent job of defence under the circumstances. This time, you have a better defence as this NTK was served too late to hold you liable.

+Quote Post
Bbl btn
post Thu, 14 Jun 2018 - 02:55
Post #10

I have received another “ formal demand letter today.
Question is what do I do . I also got another ticket this time for parking outside of the marked bay ( few inches of )
I think they have new attendant who is trying to be their worker of the year, or they going to change the name as they didn’t for long. Anyway at the moment singes are crossed with red spray so nobody knows is it manageing company or cpm or just somebody angry with them, that cross it/cancel it.

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Thu, 14 Jun 2018 - 07:42
Post #11

Member No.: 15,642

Get photos of those sign being defaced. If you cant read it, or it suggests not in use, that helps you

Is this from a debt collector, yet again? If so, you know to ignore debt collectors. DOesnt matter what ribbish they put in thier letters, theyre debt collectors.

+Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Fri, 15 Jun 2018 - 00:52
Post #12

Member No.: 32,130

Yes, you must get pictures of those signs obliterated by red graffiti! Keep those photos safe, ready to use in any defence.

+Quote Post
Eljayjay
post Fri, 15 Jun 2018 - 14:25
Post #13

Member No.: 91,235

You have told us almost nothing about what your tenancy agreement and your landlord's lease say about parking.

What do they have to say on the subject of parking?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Saturday, 23rd June 2018 - 21:28
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.