PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN Court Case 3rd May
PublicanPaul
post Wed, 26 Apr 2017 - 16:41
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 91,643

I parked in a private car park at 6.30am on a Sunday morning. The car park is opposite my flat and I wanted to park briefly to safely load by 8 month old son and luggage into the
car before leaving on holiday. The only alternative would have been to double park in the road. I stated this is my subsequent appeal.
The car park was supposedly for residents with a permit but there is also a pay and display machine. The car park was empty as always. The residents park in an underground car
park under their flats. This 2 bay car park was never used. There was a sign stating that the car park was permit only but it was not lit. It is no longer there. The pay and display
machine that is normally in use had been covered over at this point and was out of order. It remains in use today.
I had loaded some luggage into the car and had gone back to my flat to get my son. When returning I had been issued a ticket timed at 6.45am. The pictures on the PCN show the
ticket inspector witnessed the car for 2 minutes between 6.43-6.45am. At no point did I see the inspector and I suspect that they were/are a resident of the building and ran down
and gave me a ticket.
The charge levied was £100 and in the pre-court documents I have been sent the claimant suggests the 'additional charge' is not a penalty, quoting the Beavis judgement etc.
I believe it is a penalty and is 'unconscionable and extravagant'. No residents were prevented from parking, no loss of income was incurred. The normal fees for pay and display
are £1.20 for an hour, £6 for 8 hours and £8 for 24 hours.

My court date is Wednesday 3rd May. Any advice or court cases I can use to support my defence would be very welcome. Apologies for poor image but the photos I have been sent
were poor quality, due to the darkness.

This post has been edited by PublicanPaul: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 - 18:58
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Start new topic
Replies (40 - 44)
Advertisement
post Wed, 26 Apr 2017 - 16:41
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
PublicanPaul
post Fri, 5 May 2017 - 17:53
Post #41

Member No.: 91,643

Lamilad - Yes McShane is the case I gave to the Judge and it convinced him to deny RoA. I'll apply for the transcript and post it here when I get it, unless there is a specific place it should go ? Please advise.

+Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Fri, 5 May 2017 - 18:44
Post #42

Member No.: 32,130

Hopefully the Parking Prankster will host it in his case law page, if he's back online Blogging soon. We are missing those Blogs!

+Quote Post
Lynnzer
post Fri, 5 May 2017 - 18:49
Post #43

Member No.: 4,813

Great result.
Is there a breach of the DPA somewhere in this against the original PPC

--------------------
The Asda shopping trolley parking ticket enthusiast

+Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Fri, 5 May 2017 - 19:48
Post #44

Member No.: 32,130

I think no DPA Claim because although I included the DVLA's email about MIL in the skeleton (to steer the Judge in case they did get DVLA data and because I decided MIL wouldn't know either way) the OP appealed the PCN which is how they got his data.

+Quote Post
lamilad
post Sat, 6 May 2017 - 18:04
Post #45

Member No.: 85,061

QUOTE (PublicanPaul @ Fri, 5 May 2017 - 18:53) *
Lamilad - Yes McShane is the case I gave to the Judge and it convinced him to deny RoA. I'll apply for the transcript and post it here when I get it, unless there is a specific place it should go ? Please advise.

That's great. This RoA stuff is a can of worms. With help from the forums, defendants are calling out claimants who use solicitor's agents and unregistered barristers. Your t/s will help us tighten the screw even more.

Upload it to dropbox/ one drive/ google drive and post the link here along with a comment that anyone who wishes to use it or host it elsewhere is welcome to do so (redact your address). Someone will make Pranky aware when he's back at the frontline and the BMPA will probably want to host it too.

Thanks for doing this. icon_thumleft.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 16:36
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here