Being admitted to court when I have insurance
purehero95
post Fri, 1 May 2020 - 17:22
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 108,538

Hi everyone

I am having serious headache.

Last year I had insurance with gogirl and was stopped and the officers claimed I have no insurance. I was admitted to court and had clearly proven I had insurance

I now have insurance with sheilas wheels
I was stopped twice on the 29/04/2020 and I have now been admitted to court TWICE for not having insurance for the two stops.

This is ridiculous and I do not understand it. The first court case I spent hours and hours waiting for the court case and now I’m going to have to repeat regarding these new cases.

What do I do? Will I not be entitled to some sort of compensation after all these hours wasted? Neither times have they seized the vehicle either! I do not understand this
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Advertisement
post Fri, 1 May 2020 - 17:22
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
NewJudge
post Fri, 1 May 2020 - 17:41
Post #2

Member No.: 23,623

Have you checked whether your vehicle is shown as insured on the MID database? You can do so here:

https://ownvehicle.askmid.com/

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Fri, 1 May 2020 - 17:48
Post #3

Member No.: 49,223

QUOTE (purehero95 @ Fri, 1 May 2020 - 18:22) *
I was stopped twice on the 29/04/2020 and I have now been admitted to court TWICE for not having insurance for the two stops.

That was quick? Surely, you can show them proof of having insurance and a prosecution won't commence?

I think there's parts of this story missing.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
purehero95
post Fri, 1 May 2020 - 17:51
Post #4

Yes it is insured on there. Payments still come out for insurance. Certificate of insurance clearly shows exact details and are right

I had shown proof showing them my certificate. No part of the story is missing.

The one thing that is missing from the story someone else is insured on the vehicle who may of been one of the previous owners. They show up as insured on the polices system and my name doesn’t.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Fri, 1 May 2020 - 17:54
Post #5

Member No.: 49,223

So you've been stopped, you've shown them proof of valid insurance and they are still progressing?

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
purehero95
post Fri, 1 May 2020 - 17:55
Post #6

Yes.. I have received a letter today from Met Police for prosecution

+Quote Post
stereophoney
post Fri, 1 May 2020 - 18:07
Post #7

Member No.: 40,521

Although you had insurance, were you covered for the journey you were making? Such as if you were commuting but weren't insured for that purpose.

+Quote Post
purehero95
post Fri, 1 May 2020 - 18:12
Post #8

Yes. Trip to the superMarket and back. I’m covered for social domestic and pleasure purposes

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Fri, 1 May 2020 - 18:25
Post #9

Member No.: 317

Presumably the officers gave you a reason?

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
mickR
post Fri, 1 May 2020 - 18:27
Post #10

Member No.: 9,919

QUOTE (purehero95 @ Fri, 1 May 2020 - 18:51) *
No part of the story is missing.

The one thing that is missing from the story someone else is insured on the vehicle who may of been one of the previous owners. They show up as insured on the polices system and my name doesn’t.

Your first sentance contradicts your next!!

You say someone shows up as insured and your name doesnt? Are you saying the mid data base is wrong or your policy and cert are wrong??

+Quote Post
purehero95
post Fri, 1 May 2020 - 18:32
Post #11

I’m saying there is someone insured on my vehicle who has nothing to do with me. I have my own policy where I am fully covered to drive this vehicle. When police check insurance someone else’s name comes up but I still have valid full comprehensive insurance for the uses I stated above.

My policy and cert is 100% correct

This post has been edited by purehero95: Fri, 1 May 2020 - 18:37

+Quote Post
purehero95
post Fri, 1 May 2020 - 18:55
Post #12

Also guys my worry here is not being charged. I want to know if there is anyway I could contact someone to avoid wasting all this time and attending court to show I clearly have insurance or in the end is there any sort of compensation I will be entitled to after attentending THREE court cases for insurance that I had in the first place..

Or am I just going to have to attend court and go through it..

I mean I can’t do anything about whatever system police are using to fix it for them ? It’s ridiculous

Thank you

This post has been edited by purehero95: Fri, 1 May 2020 - 18:56

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Fri, 1 May 2020 - 20:25
Post #13

Why not contact your insurer, describe the issue your having and ask them to loom into it. It sounds like someone else has given your reg number for their insurance and that’s the details being returned to the Police. Your insurer could find out who and ask the insurer to check.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Fri, 1 May 2020 - 22:03
Post #14

Member No.: 42,618

QUOTE (purehero95 @ Fri, 1 May 2020 - 19:32) *
I’m saying there is someone insured on my vehicle who has nothing to do with me. I have my own policy where I am fully covered to drive this vehicle. When police check insurance someone else’s name comes up but I still have valid full comprehensive insurance for the uses I stated above.

My policy and cert is 100% correct

If both you and somebody else are insured on the vehicle, both names will be on the Motor Insurance Bureau database. If your name is missing, you need to contact your insurance company and tell them to sort it out.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Fri, 1 May 2020 - 22:06
Post #15

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Fri, 1 May 2020 - 23:03) *
If both you and somebody else are insured on the vehicle, both names will be on the Motor Insurance Bureau database. If your name is missing, you need to contact your insurance company and tell them to sort it out.

Would that still be the case if there are two separate policies? Can the MIBD show both or would it then only show one?

--------------------

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Fri, 1 May 2020 - 22:10
Post #16

Member No.: 42,618

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Fri, 1 May 2020 - 23:06) *
QUOTE (cp8759 @ Fri, 1 May 2020 - 23:03) *

Would that still be the case if there are two separate policies? Can the MIBD show both or would it then only show one?

As far as I'm aware it would show both, I will check but I do not believe there's a limit on how many policies you can have on the system.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
Logician
post Sat, 2 May 2020 - 00:12
Post #17

Member No.: 36,528

You need to contact Sheila's Wheels and tell them your policy with them is not showing on the MIB database. It can happen that the insurer or broker fails to notify MIB, I have had that happen. Tell them also about this other insurance which should not be there, it may be that Sheila's Wheels have mixed up two customers.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mickR
post Sat, 2 May 2020 - 09:48
Post #18

Member No.: 9,919

QUOTE (purehero95 @ Fri, 1 May 2020 - 18:55) *
Yes.. I have received a letter today from Met Police for prosecution

2 days after being stopped?

+Quote Post
paulajayne
post Sat, 2 May 2020 - 10:28
Post #19

Member No.: 48,194

IIRC double insurance may be at fault here.

+Quote Post
post Sat, 2 May 2020 - 10:45
Post #20

Member No.: 47,602

QUOTE (paulajayne @ Sat, 2 May 2020 - 11:28) *
IIRC double insurance may be at fault here.

In what way?

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 11:29
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here