PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Wing Parking on behalf of Greenwich Council, Parking charge notice, reason parking in no parking area
digitalfield
post Wed, 4 Jul 2018 - 12:32
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 85,402

Hello all!

So today driver got a parking charge notice in the residential car park where driver lives. Never use to have the nasty little creeps from Wing parking enforcement patrolling the car park until recently as the car park use to be free and not enforced.

Driver was parked in the car park, with permit clearly displayed in the window. Reason for ticket is "parking in no parking area", but drivers car was not obstructing anything and was parked inside the car park just not in one of the outlined bays. There are no marked bays at the end of the road and on the side of the street and cars were parked here and did not get a pentalty charge notice. Please see attached pictures -------- to see what I mean. Surely this is flawed signage as the bays are only in the car park not at the end of the road and the side of the road where the rules still apparently apply.

I would like to know if driver should ignore or what drivers best options are? I know this is a private company but they seem to be working on behalf of the council so not sure what the best option is? Appeal/POPLA/ignore?

Appreciate any help! Thank you!

This post has been edited by digitalfield: Thu, 5 Jul 2018 - 09:43
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Start new topic
Replies (60 - 61)
cabbyman
post Mon, 13 Aug 2018 - 15:15
Post #61

Member No.: 16,066

I would be inclined to continue with the POPLA appeal in parallel. You don't want to run out of time with POPLA only to find that the council find a technicality whereby they refuse cancellation of your ticket. Belt and braces.

--------------------
Cabbyman 11 PPCs 0

+Quote Post
Advertisement
post Mon, 13 Aug 2018 - 15:15
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
digitalfield
post Mon, 13 Aug 2018 - 15:28
Post #62

Member No.: 85,402

I have emailed the council, and stated if they are not going to cancel my PCN then I would require a POPLA code to carry on this appeal. I don't see how they cant cancel it now though after the petition response letter. This is a big **** you to WING smile.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 07:12
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here