Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

URGENT- Bus Lane Contravention PCN- LAST DAY
apsk
post Tue, 7 Aug 2018 - 19:29
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 99,285

Hi Experts

Apologies for posting this really last minute, as it is just this evening this forum is recommended to me by my friend.

I got Bus Lane Contravention PCN notice for entering Bus lane on Westminster Bridge Road, London on Sunday 27th May 2018 at 15:58. To which I challenged as it was an emergency stop to calm my father suffering from Parkinsons and chronic heart disease (he had cardiac arrest in Feb this year) and attached his medical reports and hospital discharge summary, also said that I stopped in ignorance assuming Bus Lane isnt operation on Sunday. And really I moved in 5mins after realizing it is not the place to park or stop.

To which Lambeth council responded saying I have not provided enough evidence for them to cancel the PCN. They gave me option of either providing doctor/hopsital letter within 14days or pay £65 asap. The Correspondence Manager also added in the response that The Bus Lane is in operation from Monday to saturday 7am to 7pm. So I quickly replied as below :
1. As requested in your response for letter from doctor, I did attach letter from doctor and hospital confirming his Parkinson's condition and cardiac arrest treatment he had earlier this year in my informal challenge (request) letter. (Please find attached again copy of his medical certificate and letter from doctor and hospital)
2. As stated in your response letter (attached Response letter with highlighted operation time) today that bus lane is in operation Monday to Saturday 7am to 7pm, but my PCN is for Sunday May 27, 2018 at 15:58 so this PCN should not be valid. Thanks for confirming as this was my understanding as well while stopping there to calm my father down with his anxiety attack he had that day which is not good for his heart condition with ICD.

I request you to reconsider your decision please and kindly cancel this Penalty Charge Notice. I would highly appreciate if you could please make a decision in next 14 days to avoid change in the current fee due of £65.

NOW MY QUESTION: Shall I pay £65 today or wait for the decision due by 15th August as per Lambeth Council website? Though I thought the clock stop ticking when challenge is in process, but for some reasons their website showing today as last day to pay £65, otherwise it will be £130 from tomm.

Penalty Charge Notice details
Ticket ref LJ09413764
Reg No. XXXXXX
Colour BLUE
Make NISSAN
Contravention 34j-Being in a bus lane
This contravention occurs when a vehicle enters a bus lane during operational hours.
Location Westminster Bridge Road
Seen at Sun, 27 May 2018 15:58
Please note: Payment balance on this PCN is currently £65.00. This will rise to £130.00 on Wed, 08 Aug 2018 if it is not paid.
A challenge is recorded for PCN, a decision is due by 15, Aug 2018

Another question is: What if they get back saying that it was a typo in their response where they mentioned Bus Lane is operation from Monday to Saturday 7am to 7pm, and should be read as Monday to Sunday in the letter as in reality it is Monday to Sunday. Please advise

PS: Attachments with the reference documents

Thanks in advance. Your expert response would be highly appreciated.

This post has been edited by apsk: Tue, 7 Aug 2018 - 19:37
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 21)
PASTMYBEST
post Sat, 18 Aug 2018 - 12:11
Post #21

Member No.: 74,048

QUOTE (apsk @ Sat, 18 Aug 2018 - 12:59) *
QUOTE (cp8759 @ Fri, 17 Aug 2018 - 21:45) *
QUOTE (apsk @ Fri, 17 Aug 2018 - 08:44) *
QUOTE (cp8759 @ Thu, 16 Aug 2018 - 19:25) *
Contact the council and ask them if they've sent one, normally the charge can only increase to £195 if they send an enforcement notice and you ignore it.

Ok. Will write back to them but their website still showing a challenge has been recorded and due a decision by 18th August 2018. not sure why would they send an enforcement notice if challenge decision si still pending.

I would just phone and ask. If it's been lost in the post, the next thing you'll know is you'll get a charge certificate for £195.

But there is no phone number to call Lambeth Council, please let me know if there is one? I tried finding it online everywhere

No you haven't

https://www.lambeth.gov.uk/parking-transpor...d-streets-teams

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
Advertisement
post Sat, 18 Aug 2018 - 12:11
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
apsk
post Wed, 22 Aug 2018 - 06:55
Post #22

Member No.: 99,285

Called Lambeth council, they said the PCN response is with other authorities and this increases automatically. They will make a decision and either cancel or let me know how much to pay.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 18:53
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here