Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bus Lane Bank Holiday Monday, Bus Lane ticket
Ralkicks
post Wed, 22 May 2019 - 07:36
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 103,984

Hi all,

New to the forum, but had a look round and there's some good support and advice. Keep up the good work!

I have received a Penalty from Bradford Council for driving in a Bus Lane. It is a well advertised and established Bus Lane, which operates from 3.30pm - 6.30pm mon-fri (obviously to help buses cut through rush hour traffic).

My ticket is for 6.25pm on Mon 6th May, bank holiday. As you do, you take these days as Sundays, there was no rush hour traffic so didn't think twice about it at the time. The photo shows no traffic so I wasn't making any unfair gain being in the buslane nor holding up any buses (on their Sunday timetable), furthermore, this alleged intravention was a mere 5 minutes prior to the end of operation.

Do you consider I have any grounds to argue the point here? Or should I just pay the £30 fine (which will go up to £60 in 14 days). It really boils me up as it's £30 for something I did completely unintentionally and didn't gain from or cause any effect from.

Furthermore, the photo isn't clear that it is me driving, and my partner is insured to drive my vehicle. If she had been driving, would I have any grounds to argue, as the penalty is addressed to me?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Advertisement
post Wed, 22 May 2019 - 07:36
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Starworshipper12
post Wed, 22 May 2019 - 07:43
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 87,439

Need to see the video, and both sides of the PCN.

The registered keeper is liable so doesn’t make a difference if she was driving.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Wednesday, 26th June 2019 - 15:07
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.