PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Insurance commuting cover - should I be happy with this?
TonyS
post Tue, 16 Jul 2019 - 10:31
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 60,732

Hi,

I've come across an odd one with our car insurance. It will just be covered for the two of us to drive, myself as policy holder and the missus as named driver. We need to have commuting cover for both of us, and business for myself. In the proposal under the named driver details it just has the one relevant question "Will this driver use the car for social, domestic, pleasure and commuting purposes only?", to which I answered Yes. To me that says that commuting should be covered.

However the certificate does not state this, it just says "Use for Social Domestic and Pleasure purposes and use by the Policyholder in person FOR his/her business OR employment, excluding COMMERCIAL travelling."

Worried about this I phoned the insurer (broker really) who assured me that she is in fact covered for commuting, and that any police checks would confirm this. They are supposed to be sending a letter to this effect, but cannot alter the certificate wording.

Should I be concerned?

Thanks, Tony S
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 20)
Advertisement
post Tue, 16 Jul 2019 - 10:31
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Formfeed
post Fri, 16 Aug 2019 - 09:40
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 105,250

Remarkable but not surprising.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 08:00
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here