Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Flashed but nothing in the post
fatflyhalf
post Sat, 17 Feb 2018 - 17:20
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,848

Hi all
Over 2 weeks ago a mixture of perhaps not paying enough attention on a long night drive and a lorry in the middle lane obscuring the gantry sign til the last minute meant I went past a 50 sign on the M6 at approx 60-65 (just not enough time to slow from the 70 odd I was doing). Sure enough there was a flash.
Been fully expecting to receive post, but nothing received. As we are now at about 3 weeks I gave the Staffordshire safer roads gang a call as i wanted to check the post hadn't gone astray. The chap on the phone told me they weren't allowed to check, and if it was more than 14 days then I was fine. I sad I was worried about post going astray but he just repeated if I had not received anything then I'm in the clear.
Anything else I can do? For various reasons a course would be infinitely preferable to trying to sort the mess if the form has been sent but gone awol.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Advertisement
post Sat, 17 Feb 2018 - 17:20
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
notmeatloaf
post Sat, 17 Feb 2018 - 18:08
Post #2

Member No.: 90,659

QUOTE (fatflyhalf @ Sat, 17 Feb 2018 - 17:20) *
Hi all
Over 2 weeks ago a mixture of perhaps not paying enough attention on a long night drive and a lorry in the middle lane obscuring the gantry sign til the last minute meant I went past a 50 sign on the M6 at approx 60-65 (just not enough time to slow from the 70 odd I was doing). Sure enough there was a flash.
Been fully expecting to receive post, but nothing received. As we are now at about 3 weeks I gave the Staffordshire safer roads gang a call as i wanted to check the post hadn't gone astray. The chap on the phone told me they weren't allowed to check, and if it was more than 14 days then I was fine. I sad I was worried about post going astray but he just repeated if I had not received anything then I'm in the clear.
Anything else I can do? For various reasons a course would be infinitely preferable to trying to sort the mess if the form has been sent but gone awol.

You know there is a 14 day headline.

The SCP have tacitly told you that they don't have any record.

BUT luckily for you I have double checked in my pre frontal cortex AND...... nothing further will happen. Stop bloody worrying about it.

+Quote Post
fatflyhalf
post Sat, 17 Feb 2018 - 23:59
Post #3

He didn't check any records so there's no tacitly being told anything. Just not keen on relying entirely on royal mail!

+Quote Post
peterguk
post Sun, 18 Feb 2018 - 01:06
Post #4

Member No.: 14,720

QUOTE (fatflyhalf @ Sat, 17 Feb 2018 - 23:59) *
Just not keen on relying entirely on royal mail!

Do you have a history of problems with your mail?

--------------------

+Quote Post
bill w
post Sun, 18 Feb 2018 - 01:44
Post #5

Member No.: 14,341

Do you personally hold the V5c in your name, and is the address correct?

+Quote Post
fatflyhalf
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 14:39
Post #6

Yep V5 in my name and address is correct, it's not unknown for post to not arrive unfortunately

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 08:01
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here