PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Received BIG debt notice today Need help please!
ManUtd_
post Tue, 22 Sep 2020 - 14:01
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 109,860

Hi guys I need some help if that is possible. I really don't know what to do right now. Just received a letter in the post called a "Notice of enforcement" from Bristol and Sutor stating I owe £330 to the transport of London. I did not receive any sort of charge notice on PCN before this and think this is ridiculous. Im pretty sure its from a congestion charge that I think I forgot to pay, so don't mind paying the normal fine for this, however I did not receive any sort of notice in the post and have just received a £248.00 debt charge with a compliance stage fee of £75.00 on top! Please can you guys advice me on what to do next. I received the notice today and it says I must pay or agree a payment by end of tomorrow. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 15)
Advertisement
post Tue, 22 Sep 2020 - 14:01
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
stamfordman
post Tue, 22 Sep 2020 - 14:03
Post #2

Member No.: 59,924

Are you the registered keeper of the car. If so go get your V5C reg doc and check it now for the name and address. That's where the PCN went to, plus a charge certificate and order for recovery.

+Quote Post
ManUtd_
post Tue, 22 Sep 2020 - 14:09
Post #3

QUOTE (stamfordman @ Tue, 22 Sep 2020 - 15:03) *
Are you the registered keeper of the car. If so go get your V5C reg doc and check it now for the name and address. That's where the PCN went to, plus a charge certificate and order for recovery.

It was a previous car, I got a new car about a month ago so Ill have to look for my VFC however I am pretty sure that was registered to a previous address, as I moved home last year. Oh god, I'm really panicking, thanks for your quick response

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Tue, 22 Sep 2020 - 14:36
Post #4

Member No.: 74,048

Its not one notice that has gone missing it is three. You can apply to make a statutory declaration out of time but TFL can object to this so it needs doing quickly but thoroughly

Dates

Date you changed address

date of PCN

Date you sold the car

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
ManUtd_
post Tue, 22 Sep 2020 - 14:45
Post #5

QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Tue, 22 Sep 2020 - 15:36) *
Its not one notice that has gone missing it is three. You can apply to make a statutory declaration out of time but TFL can object to this so it needs doing quickly but thoroughly

Dates

Date you changed address

date of PCN

Date you sold the car

I don't know the date of the PCN as I didn't receive any PCN, I moved address around last September 2019 and I sold the car in July 2020. So how do I make a statutory declaration

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Tue, 22 Sep 2020 - 14:48
Post #6

The bailiff letter may have the date of contravention.

However if you moved last September and then did not update the V5C for so long you may well be stuffed.

I expect if you call TFL they will tell you when it was.

+Quote Post
ManUtd_
post Tue, 22 Sep 2020 - 14:54
Post #7

QUOTE (stamfordman @ Tue, 22 Sep 2020 - 15:48) *
The bailiff letter may have the date of contravention.

However if you moved last September and then did not update the V5C for so long you may well be stuffed.

I expect if you call TFL they will tell you when it was.

Just called TEC, they sent me PE3 and PE2 forms and told me to complete and send back asap. They were very helpful

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Tue, 22 Sep 2020 - 14:55
Post #8

Don't send forms back without help.

+Quote Post
ManUtd_
post Tue, 22 Sep 2020 - 15:02
Post #9

QUOTE (stamfordman @ Tue, 22 Sep 2020 - 15:55) *
Don't send forms back without help.

Help from you guys? or like a solicitor? Im sorry I'm completely new to this stuff and quite stressed out

They added instructions in the same PE2 and PE3 document

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Tue, 22 Sep 2020 - 15:15
Post #10

The request to submit your declaration out of time can be contested if it is it will likely be refused so you must have a compelling case so get on and find out the PCN number and date of notice

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
ManUtd_
post Tue, 22 Sep 2020 - 15:21
Post #11

QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Tue, 22 Sep 2020 - 16:15) *
The request to submit your declaration out of time can be contested if it is it will likely be refused so you must have a compelling case so get on and find out the PCN number and date of notice

I have found out the PCN number however don't know the exact date, but in the instructions it clearly states that the TEC do not require you to input the location or date of the contravention. Also it says I have to get it signed from a solicitor, Is this correct, can't I just send it off as is?

This post has been edited by ManUtd_: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 - 15:23

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Tue, 22 Sep 2020 - 16:39
Post #12

QUOTE (ManUtd_ @ Tue, 22 Sep 2020 - 16:21) *

I have found out the PCN number however don't know the exact date, but in the instructions it clearly states that the TEC do not require you to input the location or date of the contravention. Also it says I have to get it signed from a solicitor, Is this correct, can't I just send it off as is?

If we are to help you we need the date go onto the TFL website and enter the PCN and reg number that will tell you

--------------------

+Quote Post
ManUtd_
post Tue, 22 Sep 2020 - 18:43
Post #13

QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Tue, 22 Sep 2020 - 17:39) *
QUOTE (ManUtd_ @ Tue, 22 Sep 2020 - 16:21) *

If we are to help you we need the date go onto the TFL website and enter the PCN and reg number that will tell you

just checked and date was in march, however there are 2 charges one in august as well?!?

+Quote Post
Neil B
post Tue, 22 Sep 2020 - 22:16
Post #14

Member No.: 16,671

QUOTE (ManUtd_ @ Tue, 22 Sep 2020 - 19:43) *
just checked and date was in march, however there are 2 charges one in august as well?!?

dontknow.gif

No idea what that means? Are there any years involved?

--------------------
QUOTE (DancingDad @ Fri, 11 May 2018 - 12:30) *
Neil is good at working backwards.

+Quote Post
hcandersen
post Wed, 23 Sep 2020 - 11:08
Post #15

Member No.: 21,551

OP, the only way you can get enforcement of the warrant halted and the matter to revert to initial penalty status is to make a successful declaration, not just a declaration.

The only arguments which might be accepted by the Traffic Enforcement Centre are that the dates of your move and issuing of the PCN overlap such that you did not receive it - for your purposes a postal PCN and NTO are the same and you will find these terms used interchangeably in posts.

Therefore the date of issue of the PCN and your move are of vital importance; you need to be precise otherwise you can say goodbye to the charges

On the subject of registered keepers not keeping their details up to date - you - do you have a car now and are any DVLA details current?

+Quote Post
ManUtd_
post Tue, 29 Sep 2020 - 11:17
Post #16

The 2 pcns were dated 12 march 2020, 1 for congestion, the other for ulez. Both have gone to enforcement agent asking for 300 odd quid for each one, so I am currently typing up a PE2 and PE3. I do have a car registered with the DVLA right now to my current address however the PCNS were for a previous car.

This post has been edited by ManUtd_: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 - 11:35

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 06:03
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here