PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Anti-social driving
stamfordman
post Thu, 30 Apr 2020 - 19:34
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 59,924

Not seen this sign before - it's in the West End. I presume it's aimed at the likes of the McLaren driver also pictured, which me and another cyclist beat up to the top of Piccadilly owing to red lights. I've run the plate on the McLaren - no tax or MOT since 1 Jan.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 15)
Advertisement
post Thu, 30 Apr 2020 - 19:34
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Thu, 30 Apr 2020 - 19:43
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

From the URL on the sign: (One of the entries may not be real laugh.gif )

The activities described below are hereby prohibited between the hours of 12 noon and 6am in the location described in the below map of this Order. Anyone being the driver of a vehicle (motorised or otherwise) must not perform any of the following activities:

Revving of engine(s) (as to cause a public nuisance)
Repeated sudden and rapid acceleration (as to cause a public nuisance)
Racing
Wearing lycra on a bicycle
Performing stunts (as to cause a public nuisance)
Sounding horns (as to cause a public nuisance)
Playing music from a vehicle (as to cause a public nuisance)
Using threatening, intimidating behaviour towards another person
Causing obstruction on a public highway, whether moving or stationary, including driving in convoy
'Vehicle' includes a pedal cycle, which includes a power assisted pedal cycle, or a pedal cycle in combination with a trailer, constructed or adapted for carrying one or more passengers.

Breaching this Order can result in a Fixed Penalty Notice of £100. On summary conviction in a Magistrates’ Court, a maximum fine of £1,000.

This post has been edited by Jlc: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 - 19:44

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
mickR
post Thu, 30 Apr 2020 - 20:52
Post #3

Member No.: 9,919

Ive looked through it many times and i cant see anything that shouldnt be illegal could be a fake entry rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by mickR: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 - 20:55

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Thu, 30 Apr 2020 - 21:01
Post #4

Member No.: 59,924

Trust me - no lycra for me, strictly comfortable loose fitting cotton.

+Quote Post
andy_foster
post Thu, 30 Apr 2020 - 22:20
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 1,624

QUOTE (stamfordman @ Thu, 30 Apr 2020 - 20:34) *
which me and another cyclist beat up to the top of Piccadilly owing to red lights.

--------------------
Andy

Some people think that I make them feel stupid. To be fair, they deserve most of the credit.

+Quote Post
The Slithy Tove
post Fri, 1 May 2020 - 06:51
Post #6

Member No.: 52,178

QUOTE (Jlc @ Thu, 30 Apr 2020 - 20:43) *
The activities described below are hereby prohibited between the hours of 12 noon and 6am in the location described in the below map of this Order. Anyone being the driver of a vehicle (motorised or otherwise) must not perform any of the following activities:
Racing

Whereas between 6am and noon, it's perfectly legal. Oh...

+Quote Post
speedfighter23
post Fri, 1 May 2020 - 21:43
Post #7

Member No.: 104,999

Yes that sign is because of all the millionaires with their V12 cars over the summer revving their cars which really annoy the residents of the area. I find it very amusing, the police did one or two 'operations' when there were supercar meets on Sloane Street on a Sunday, and their rules of engagement were if you were caught revving once, you were warned and your numberplate noted, if you did it again you would get the Anti Social Behaviour fine!

There must have been 50 police officers on duty that day across the whole of Sloane Street and about 5 Police Cars / Vans, the leader of which had a marked X5 which would chase cars down the road, it was really funny to watch.

--------------------
Police Speeding Fines - Police 1 - speedfighter23 0
TFL traffic contraventions 0 - speedfighter23 2
Kensington and Chelsea 0 parking contraventions - speedfighter23 1
Brighton and Hove parking 0 - speedfighter23 1
Private PCN - Private Parking Solutions Limited 0 - speedfighter23 1

Tyre Puncture Pothole Claims:
0 Buckinghamshire Council - speedfighter23 1
0 TFL - speedfighter23 1

Result Pending:

1 Islington Council tyre puncture claim

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Fri, 1 May 2020 - 22:00
Post #8

Member No.: 42,618

I don't understand one thing: if you're a millionaire and you want to have fun with your V12 and your millionaire friends, why don't you go play on your private racing track, where you can use those cars at the sort of speeds they're designed to handle? I can't think of anything more boring that trundling around in London traffic in a 200+ mph car.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Fri, 1 May 2020 - 22:06
Post #9

Member No.: 18,483

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Fri, 1 May 2020 - 23:00) *
I don't understand one thing: if you're a millionaire and you want to have fun with your V12 and your millionaire friends, why don't you go play on your private racing track, where you can use those cars at the sort of speeds they're designed to handle? I can't think of anything more boring that trundling around in London traffic in a 200+ mph car.

Because you don’t have lots of plebs stating at you... obviously.

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Fri, 1 May 2020 - 22:08
Post #10

QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Fri, 1 May 2020 - 23:06) *

That's a bonus, surely?

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Fri, 1 May 2020 - 22:10
Post #11

Member No.: 18,483

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Fri, 1 May 2020 - 23:08) *
QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Fri, 1 May 2020 - 23:06) *

That's a bonus, surely?

To you and me, perhaps. To the types of people who drive expensive cars on the streets of London like tw@ts? Not so much.

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
Fredd
post Fri, 1 May 2020 - 22:10
Post #12

Webmaster
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

It's nothing to do with having fun with the performance of your car - it's all about crass willy-waving. If you want to see this raised to an extreme alongside luxury "yachts", I suggest (once coronavirus restrictions abate) a short trip down the coast from Marbella to Puerto Banus.

--------------------
Regards,
Fredd

Visa, Mastercard, debit card or PayPal account

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Sat, 2 May 2020 - 08:04
Post #13

Member No.: 317

My favourite super car willy waving video, among the thousands of similar ‘what could possibly go wrong’ ones.
https://youtu.be/N44icPfGi1M

This post has been edited by The Rookie: Sat, 2 May 2020 - 08:06

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Sat, 2 May 2020 - 08:19
Post #14

Member No.: 49,223

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Sat, 2 May 2020 - 09:04) *
My favourite super car willy waving video, among the thousands of similar ‘what could possibly go wrong’ ones.

That'll T-Cut out...

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sat, 2 May 2020 - 11:54
Post #15

I found a better one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTSOdMg4ZWA

I must say I'm really impressed to discover that for a fraction of the price, my 20 year old mark 1 laguna comes with the "anti self-combust" feature that provided with all these supercars.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Sat, 2 May 2020 - 15:38
Post #16

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Sat, 2 May 2020 - 12:54) *

I found a better one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTSOdMg4ZWA

I must say I'm really impressed to discover that for a fraction of the price, my 20 year old mark 1 laguna comes with the "anti self-combust" feature that provided with all these supercars.

Same car! Dubai 1515.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 00:33
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here